Can't use down arrow key to move down suggest keywords in Google search page.

2 hours ago, scottchu.tw said:

Normally after we type some keyword(s) in Google search bar and get search result, we can use down arrow key to move down a list of suggestion keyword(s). This is okay in MX5 or previous versions. However, we just can't do this in MX6. I bet this is a bug again.

Hi scottchu.tw, may I know which version are you using? In case if you are not using the latest version, could you install the latest 2800 version and try again? Because we are unable to reproduce this issue on our end.

I'm using portable version. I find if I unzip MX6 to a complete new folder and run it, Clicking guest to start using MX6. Following problems I reported before won't happen:

1. This down arrow key bug.

2. Long ago I report that when I open some page of a specific site to see video, e.g: https://gimy.app/eps/195824-1-1.html, iIf I drag the seek button to right or just click on a time point on progress bar to play, I can't do it(i.e. no response and the time wont' change).

But if I use the MX6 that I've used for a long time where UserData folder has lots of files already), these problems will happen.

If seems to that when I use MX6 for a long time, some bugs just popup up on some day. I experiment this for many times and find this difference. Can your developers analyze the possible cause?

14 hours ago, scottchu.tw said:

I'm using portable verioin. I find if I unzip MX6 to a complete new folder and run it, Clicking guest to start using MX6. Following problems I reported before won't happen:

1. This down arrow key bug.

2. Long ago I report that when I open some page of a specific site to see video, e.g: https://gimy.app/eps/195824-1-1.html, iIf I drag the seek button to right or just click on a time point on progress bar to play, I can't do it(i.e. no response and the time wont' change).

But if I use the MX6 that I've used for a long time where UserData folder has lots of files already), these problems will happen.

If seems to that when I use MX6 for a long time, some bugs just popup up on some day. I experiment this for many times and find this difference. Can your developers analyze the possible cause?

Hi scottchu.tw, did you install any extensions?

14 hours ago, scottchu.tw said:

Yes, I did install some extensions. Pls. see attached screen shot. 

2022-05-29 20_50_12-Clipboard.png

Hi scottchu.tw, we were thinking it could be due to the extensions installed that causes the "bugs" to occur on and off. Could you try disabling all the extensions and monitor to see if the issue persist?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 11:20 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi scottchu.tw, we were thinking it could be due to the extensions installed that causes the "bugs" to occur on and off. Could you try disabling all the extensions and monitor to see if the issue persist?

I installed a new MX6 portable on another folder and install all the extensions I've installed in my old MX6. The former acts normal. So I think it's not the extensions problem, at least not when them are JUST installed. I got a memory that these problems (including many issue that I reported before) comes up after I used MX6 for a long time.

1 hour ago, scottchu.tw said:

I installed a new MX6 portable on another folder and install all the extensions I've installed in my old MX6. The former acts normal. So I think it's not the extensions problem, at least not when them are JUST installed. I got a memory that these problems (including many issue that I reported before) comes up after I used MX6 for a long time.

Hi scottchu.tw, noted on your feedback. Kindly test out this latest version and see if bugs do appear after some time of usage. If it does, do report to us the bug you encounter and we will get the development team to check further. Thank you.

6 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi scottchu.tw, noted on your feedback. Kindly test out this latest version and see if bugs do appear after some time of usage. If it does, do report to us the bug you encounter and we will get the development team to check further. Thank you.

OK, I'll try latest version again. If still no good news, I may try window-installing version instead of portable version to see if I can get any luck, though.

There is a very interesting things I tested and found. Say my MX6 portable is in the folder "MaxthonPorable".

1. Backup this folder first. Then go into 'MaxthonPortable'.

2. Export bookmarks.

2. Go into 'User Data\Maxthon Guest Portable'. Delete everything except 'Quick Access' folder.

3. Re-run maxthon.

4. Install google translate and adblock from Maxthon web store.

5. Install youtube adblock, ultimate enable right click and webpage spellcheck from Chrome web store.

6. Now everythings are back to normal. I can use down arrow key to move up and down as will. I can also drag time thumb along the video player's progress bar.

I'm using MX6 newest verison.

Does it mean some extensions on Chrome Web Store are not compatible with MX6's core codes since I've ever installed these extensions from Chrome Web Store and Chrome always works well?

Hi scottchu.tw, could you please help to confirm which extension caused this issue? I tried to install these extensions, and test this issue but haven't reproduced it. ?

If you can confirm the specific extension which caused this issue, the dev team will analyze and fix it as soon as possible.

Archived