×

Give a tip

right click menu on an image is missing property item?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, scottchu.tw said:

I want to see the width and height of an image on web page and find this bug(?). If it's not a bug but intended, why? Don't destroy user experience again, please. I'm using newest version. 

Hi scottchu.tw, are you referring to the 'properties' selection in the menu? Currently MX6 does not have the properties selection. You could view the width and height details in the 'inspect' selection.

 

image.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi scottchu.tw, are you referring to the 'properties' selection in the menu? Currently MX6 does not have the properties selection. You could view the width and height details in the 'inspect' selection.

Hey Bug...

He's talking about on a Webpage when you "Right-Click" an Image, in a normal browser at the very bottom (where you have "Inspect") there is normally a PROPERTIES option there.  This allows you to see the
- size of images,
- their name,
- their URL, etc.

I'm totally with Scottchu....  This is bad this is missing.  I use this sometimes myself, and I don't want have have to find these things by "hunting for wears Waldo" in the plethora of info in the Property Inspector.
I'm all for having "Inspect" there for those other situations, but we also NEED Properties back for the simple info etc. I just listed.

Thanks

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2022 at 8:42 PM, leeuniverse said:

Hey Bug...

He's talking about on a Webpage when you "Right-Click" an Image, in a normal browser at the very bottom (where you have "Inspect") there is normally a PROPERTIES option there.  This allows you to see the
- size of images,
- their name,
- their URL, etc.

I'm totally with Scottchu....  This is bad this is missing.  I use this sometimes myself, and I don't want have have to find these things by "hunting for wears Waldo" in the plethora of info in the Property Inspector.
I'm all for having "Inspect" there for those other situations, but we also NEED Properties back for the simple info etc. I just listed.

Thanks

Suggestion recorded. 😊

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Suggestion recorded. 😊

Neither Chrome nor Edge have a properties on the images either.

 

Chrome.png

Edge.png

Edited by No.1MaxthonFan

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Neither Chrome nor Edge have a properties on the images either.

This must have recently changed....  because ALL browsers used to have it.

Maybe it's a change done in Chromium itself.  It's a change that needs to be reversed.
"Inspect" is useful, but it's NOT the same as Properties, each is useful.

The exception would be if they would "redesign" Inspect some so it showed those "basic" Properties in a quick way, close to how Properties would.  Otherwise, for now they should put Properties back.

Edited by leeuniverse
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, leeuniverse said:

This must have recently changed....  because ALL browsers used to have it.

Maybe it's a change done in Chromium itself.  It's a change that needs to be reversed.
"Inspect" is useful, but it's NOT the same as Properties, each is useful.

The exception would be if they would "redesign" Inspect some so it showed those "basic" Properties in a quick way, close to how Properties would.  Otherwise, for now they should put Properties back.

It's additional work, but you could save it to your desktop and then check the properties. It appears that Vivaldi is the only one who still has it. Firefox doesn't have it either.

Edited by No.1MaxthonFan
  • Thanks 1
Tip   Give

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share