Lots of crashing on start up

I'm experiencing a lot of crashing on initial start of Maxthon at the moment. Windows 10 x64.

Yesterday I opened the browser via clicking a link in another program and it crashed.

This morning, I attempted to open Maxthon for the first time and it kept full on erroring out with a crash report sent to Microsoft every time. I had to boot Edge and come and download the installer again. I've been updating every week so I would presumably have been running 6.1.3.2601.

However, after reinstalling this morning I then noticed the About page only said 2600 and prompted me to restart, which I did ... and it crashed with a report to Microsoft again.

This time, however, I was then able to manually open Maxthon successfully. So here I am.

3 hours ago, AaronX said:

I'm experiencing a lot of crashing on initial start of Maxthon at the moment. Windows 10 x64.

Yesterday I opened the browser via clicking a link in another program and it crashed.

This morning, I attempted to open Maxthon for the first time and it kept full on erroring out with a crash report sent to Microsoft every time. I had to boot Edge and come and download the installer again. I've been updating every week so I would presumably have been running 6.1.3.2601.

However, after reinstalling this morning I then noticed the About page only said 2600 and prompted me to restart, which I did ... and it crashed with a report to Microsoft again.

This time, however, I was then able to manually open Maxthon successfully. So here I am.

Hi AaronX,please try to udpate the browser to the latest version 6.1.3.2605 and try this issue again.

3 hours ago, chrischross said:

i'm getting this same thing , on windows 10 and on latest maxthon too.

Hi chrischross, could you please try this issue in the version 6.1.3.2650? If you still experience the issue, please send the crash report to me.

Archived