MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.3.2100

BugSir006

1) Do not disable the "add to bookmarks" button

Вы сделали это!. Огромное спасибо. 

Есть маленькая проблема - в настройках пока нет русского перевода. Уверен - временно

You did it! Thank you very much.

There is a small problem - there is no Russian translation in the settings yet. I'm sure - temporarily

FastStoneEditor.thumb.jpg.d5a3aaf5ad4db41e6792690165768a9f.jpg

---------------

2) MX6 Maxthon Downloader.

Maxthon [mx6] ужасен. Почему вы с каждой версие браузера делаете его менее удобным чем раньше. Верните прежний Maxthon Downloader [mx5], таким , каким он был в Maxthon 5. Maxthon Downloader[mx6] не удобен, он не масштабируется. Кнопки сделанные в удобных местах вообще убраны не пойми куда. Зачем все делаете хуже? Верните прежний Maxthon Downloader. 
Я прошу кроме возможности изменения размера окна,  сделать его визуально похожим на окно в Maxthon 5, оно было более удобным и практичным. Прошу вас полностью переделать оформление этого окна по образцу Maxthon 5

Нельзя изменить размер окна Maxthon Downloader. 

Maxthon Downloader[mx6] is terrible. Why do you make it less convenient with each version of the browser than before. Return the old Maxthon Downloader[mx5], the way it was in Maxthon 5. It is not convenient, it does not scale. Buttons made in convenient places are generally removed, do not understand where. Why are you making things worse? Bring back the old Maxthon Downloader.
I ask that in addition to the ability to resize the window, make it visually similar to the window in Maxthon 5, it was more convenient and practical. I ask you to completely redesign the design of this window according to the model of Maxthon 5

You cannot resize the Maxthon Downloader window.

2022-03-10_012836.thumb.jpg.ae3cb2853367d07d3d03fa6492d4913d.jpg

2022-03-10_012742.jpg.15a6a0f618805115492c819231ac0b92.jpg

---------------

3) Maxthon 6 - Express Panel (Quick Access )

I ask you to make the express panel (Quick Access) in maxton 6 the same as it was in the maxthon 5 browser.

I'm very used to this design, but will it be?

If not, can you somehow return it yourself?

Please add this function to the express panel. In order to do it the way it did in Maxton 5, it set Maxton very favorably from other browsers.

Please do this at least as an option in the settings.

Прошу вас сделать express panel в макстон 6 такой, какой она была и в браузере maxthon 5. 

Очень привык к такому оформлению, будет ли это сделано? 

Если нет - можно ли этот как-то вернуть самостоятельно?

Очень прошу добавить этот функционал на экспресс панель. Сделать так, как это было в Макстон 5, это очень выгодно отличало Макстон  от других браузеров. 

Сделайте это пожалуйста, хотя бы в виде опции в настройках. 

01.jpg.2552af8e9c956cb89deb4bf5c4dec0f0.jpg

-------------------

4)  Maxthon Original Translate Extension

Maxthon 6 Original Maxthon передвочик (и расширение Google Translate)
Очень изменился функционал . Спрашивается - вы издеваетесь? У вас ведь команда которая должна сделать прежние функции. Прошу вас сделать оригинальное расширение для передов, такое как было в макстон 5. (Или по образву Google Translate Maxthon 5)
Все настолько неудобно, и это происходит каждоые несколько лет с момента выхода MYIE, почему вы не обеспечиваете преждние функции? Прошу доработать /создать оригинальное расширение - переводчик в браузере такое, какое было в Макстон 5

Maxthon 6 Original Maxthon translator (and Google Translate extension)
The functionality has changed a lot. The question is - are you kidding me? After all, you have a team that should make the previous functions. I ask you to make an original extension for advanced, such as it was in maxton 5. (Or in the image of Google Translate Maxthon 5)
Everything is so inconvenient, and it happens every few years since MYIE was released, why don't you provide the old functionality? Please modify / create an original extension - the translator in the browser is the same as it was in Maxton 5

2022-03-08_183543.jpg.68926a0b393148e2d069f3f9e47c64ac.jpg

2022-03-08_183733.jpg.2fa900e2a09e0283a6042fcc232e3b5b.jpg

2022-03-08_183956.jpg.d9f7b9a4526114a37dfe8031945d079b.jpg

2022-03-08_184122.jpg.894d1cf9f5f8f7a6d65cff09692d0b42.jpg

------------

5) Maxthon ScreenShot 

- В Maxthon 6 окно очень узкое, что мешает нормальному отображению информации. Прошу сделать его более широким

- В Maxtnon 5 была поддержка горячих клавиш. Прошу вернуть поддержку горячих клавиш как было в Maxthon 5

- In Maxthon 6, the window is very narrow, which interferes with the normal display of information. Please make it wider

- Maxtnon 5 had support for hotkeys. Please return hotkey support as it was in Maxthon 5

2022-03-26_151225.jpg.04d21a41826266c5772bff870adfb978.jpg

2022-03-26_151333.jpg.ccd7319b33ce54c6691ab2568e4ab47c.jpg

I installed 6 different VPN extensions from the store. Only one of them worked. The remaining 5 gave connection errors. I did not know that Maxthon cannot work normally in this mode, but before writing this post, I did a search in the topic. The error, as it turned out, is already known. But the problem with VPN is still not solved. Very sad...

-  1clickVPN
-  AdGuard VPN
-  Free Avira Phantom VPN
-  Best VPN by uVPN
-  Hub VPN
+ UltraSurf Security

3 hours ago, Chemodan said:

I installed 6 different VPN extensions from the store. Only one of them worked. The remaining 5 gave connection errors. I did not know that Maxthon cannot work normally in this mode, but before writing this post, I did a search in the topic. The error, as it turned out, is already known. But the problem with VPN is still not solved. Very sad...

-  1clickVPN
-  AdGuard VPN
-  Free Avira Phantom VPN
-  Best VPN by uVPN
-  Hub VPN
+ UltraSurf Security

Hi Chemodan, how about other browsers? Could you please try this issue in Chrome? 

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Chemodan, how about other browsers? Could you please try this issue in Chrome? 

At first I thought it was a problem with extensions. But in the Vivaldi browser, all 6 from the above list work. Only then I did a search here and wrote about the error.

All of them also work in Opera. All were downloaded from the same extension store. I think this is enough to understand that the problem is again in Maxthon. There is no desire or reason to install Chrome as well.

Hello!

1. ALL download manager issues (duplicates, wrong/missing icons, etc) persist

2. Maxthon now using VERY high (70%+) CPU when opening tabs

3. If minimized, the shortcut on the Windows taskbar won't bring to foreground, but the system tray one does - had this before & was fixed ages ago, but now reintroduced!

4. During installing, the 'info' screens are still displayed too quickly to read & still contain lies (NOT got all Mx5 features & NOT using current, by a long way, Chromium!)

5. On the QuickLaunch, still no way to refresh favicon where shortcuts are website name with site logo... many, which have a logo, are not displayed... This could also just be issue with not reading all/right types in the first place!  Would be nice to be able to choose from selection, like an earlier Mx5 did.

14 hours ago, Chemodan said:

At first I thought it was a problem with extensions. But in the Vivaldi browser, all 6 from the above list work. Only then I did a search here and wrote about the error.

All of them also work in Opera. All were downloaded from the same extension store. I think this is enough to understand that the problem is again in Maxthon. There is no desire or reason to install Chrome as well.

Hi Chemodan, I sent the test version to you via the private message. ?

18 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

2. Maxthon now using VERY high (70%+) CPU when opening tabs

Hi MichaelC362, does it take up this high CPU all the time or only when the page is opened? If the CPU could not be down to the correct percentage, please send a video of this issue to me.

18 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

3. If minimized, the shortcut on the Windows taskbar won't bring to foreground, but the system tray one does - had this before & was fixed ages ago, but now reintroduced!

I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it, could you provide a video of it?

22 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, does it take up this high CPU all the time or only when the page is opened? If the CPU could not be down to the correct percentage, please send a video of this issue to me.

I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it, could you provide a video of it?

Don't know how many tabs you had open, but this is what I show after 4 hours and two videos playing constantly plus a couple of other tabs open.Maxthon.thumb.png.3e828ba0db9bafb7d17e782899d63f1c.png

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

These are screen shots showing only 3 tabs, then 6, then 9ish open... After each round, I waited for CPU to settle back to low numbers, before opening more tabs.

After a while (not minutes, but certainly not just a few seconds either), CPU drops back to low.

When opening more than 1 tab, I ALWAYS open it in the background & don't have tab sleeping enabled (content is still missing though on most background tabs, especially in the mornings when I open multiple pages from bbc.co.uk (a lot of pictures & almost all videos are not displayed until I refresh that tab & also java content says not enabled until tab refreshed - always been this way with Mx6, but wasn't with Mx5).  If page opened in foreground then content is present.  When opening tabs in background, pages load significantly slower than they do in the foreground, but the times can vary wildly, from just a few seconds difference to 10's of seconds!

20220330-Mx6-high CPU.jpg

20220330-Mx6-high CPU1.jpg

20220330-Mx6-high CPU2.jpg

On 3/30/2022 at 3:26 PM, MichaelC362 said:

These are screen shots showing only 3 tabs, then 6, then 9ish open... After each round, I waited for CPU to settle back to low numbers, before opening more tabs.

After a while (not minutes, but certainly not just a few seconds either), CPU drops back to low.

When opening more than 1 tab, I ALWAYS open it in the background & don't have tab sleeping enabled (content is still missing though on most background tabs, especially in the mornings when I open multiple pages from bbc.co.uk (a lot of pictures & almost all videos are not displayed until I refresh that tab & also java content says not enabled until tab refreshed - always been this way with Mx6, but wasn't with Mx5).  If page opened in foreground then content is present.  When opening tabs in background, pages load significantly slower than they do in the foreground, but the times can vary wildly, from just a few seconds difference to 10's of seconds!

20220330-Mx6-high CPU.jpg

20220330-Mx6-high CPU1.jpg

20220330-Mx6-high CPU2.jpg

Hi MichaelC362, could you download the attached file and try out on this issue again? Could we also try to debug this issue remotely via AnyDesk?

Chromium96(1).zip

52 minutes ago, thereddevilrulez said:

Hi MX Team,

MX6.1.3.2100 as well as MX6.1.3.2000 keep crashing on some sites, pfa crash logs. MX6.1.3.1900 was not crashing on those same sites. I have portable MX6 on win10x64. Please look into it.

MX6.1.3.2000Crashpadreports.7z 575.52 kB · 1 download MX6.1.3.2100Crashpadreports.7z 576.4 kB · 1 download

Hi thereddevilrulez, thanks for providing the crash reports. Could you let us know which websites in specific? And is it possible to send us a video on this occurrence? 

Hey!
make it so that on the quick access page you can rename folders. in MX5, new folders got serial numbers, it's better than in MX6, each new folder is called "New Folder"!
I already have 4 "New Folder"!
This is not normal, make it possible to rename folder names.

4 hours ago, Poizon said:

Hey!
make it so that on the quick access page you can rename folders. in MX5, new folders got serial numbers, it's better than in MX6, each new folder is called "New Folder"!
I already have 4 "New Folder"!
This is not normal, make it possible to rename folder names.

Hi Poizon, you can still rename the folder in MX6. Just click into the folder, click on the "New Folder" title and you can rename from there.

snap_screen_20220401104235.png

18 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi thereddevilrulez, thanks for providing the crash reports. Could you let us know which websites in specific? And is it possible to send us a video on this occurrence? 

Thought crash logs info would have the website url. It was a pop-up in a new page, but don't have it in history. Am back to MX6.1.3.1900 so can't help anymore.

3 hours ago, thereddevilrulez said:

Thought crash logs info would have the website url. It was a pop-up in a new page, but don't have it in history. Am back to MX6.1.3.1900 so can't help anymore.

Hi thereddevilrulez, we have forwarded the crash report to the development team for them to look into it. This issue will be fixed in the next version.

On 3/31/2022 at 9:33 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you download the attached file and try out on this issue again? Could we also try to debug this issue remotely via AnyDesk?Chromium96(1).zip 104.28 MB · 25 downloads

This is just an old copy of Chromium, from December last year... it's months out-of-date... but I guess Mx6 is the same these day, always out-of-date!

As an obvious change for the better, why don't you update the Chromium core ASAP when a new stable version is released (like all other major browsers do)!?

I suspect a lot of the problems then wouldn't exist!

As Mx6 is multiple stable versions behind, it's clear there's always going to be compatibility & security issues until you change your approach to updates.

------------------

Just to confirm, the download manager is still creating duplicates, with wrong or missing icons, that aren't removed when clearing list, so still a caching issue.

Also, the "Pop up download window when downloading" option is still bringing the download box up AFTER the download commences & not BEFORE... it's pointless after, but useful before as one can see if one has already downloaded an item.

On 3/30/2022 at 3:26 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you please try this issue in Chromium96? Did you reproduce this issue in Chromium96?

43 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Also, the "Pop up download window when downloading" option is still bringing the download box up AFTER the download commences & not BEFORE... it's pointless after, but useful before as one can see if one has already downloaded an item.

You could pin the download manager or open this page mx://downloads/ to check the previous download records.

Maxthon Snap20220401184226.png

8 hours ago, Chemodan said:

Hello. Is it possible to add an item to disable WebRTC in the settings? Of course, there are extensions for this... But putting a separate extension for each item is not a good idea.
Thanks for attention :)

Hi Chemodan, you could try to go to mx://flags to customize it. 

20 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you please try this issue in Chromium96? Did you reproduce this issue in Chromium96?

You could pin the download manager or open this page mx://downloads/ to check the previous download records.

Maxthon Snap20220401184226.png

Hello!

There's really no point in trying anything in Chromium 96 as that's month's out-of-date, so tells us nothing!

No, the download list should display when the new download task displays, it's pointless & wrong to display after & I shouldn't need to do anything else just to get the previous list displayed, as Mx5 did this correctly, with the download list in a normal, resizable window. I don't see why the Mx6 download manager is so dreadful/basic/buggy when it was so much better in Mx5!? The issue with the wrong/missing program icons for downloads has been there for a LONG time & the duplicate entries, which aren't removed when clearing the list, is almost as old... both reported MANY times, but neither fixed. Why not just dump the Mx6 download manager & go back to the Mx5 version, which worked fine!? Or, at least fix it & give it the same functionality. The poor download manager & missing favicons in quick launch are the 2 main reasons why we can't yet install Mx6 on customers computers (obviously, the super high CPU usage & occasional crashing out don't help either!). I recommend it, but say although it's close, it's not quite ready yet... unfortunately, I've been saying this for over a year now as nothing's changed in these areas!

Archived