search engine aliases missing

After installing MX6, none of my search engine aliases are working, and all my saved search engines were deleted.

It seems that the "alias" shortcut has been replaced with "keyword", but why did this not transfer over from MX5 to MX6? This is the kind of stuff that makes users not want to upgrade their browser to a newer version!

MX5:

image.thumb.png.ce72a70d5611852a33ce5ed0ae3cfdbe.png

MX6:

image.thumb.png.f68e2eddcd04751af60dc57d68ade316.png

On 3/6/2022 at 2:49 PM, vedicaudio said:

After installing MX6, none of my search engine aliases are working, and all my saved search engines were deleted.

It seems that the "alias" shortcut has been replaced with "keyword", but why did this not transfer over from MX5 to MX6? This is the kind of stuff that makes users not want to upgrade their browser to a newer version!

Bug reported. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Greek said:

I also have this problem. Is  does not let me use any other  search engine    and  i cannot even change it  of the setting menu, when i choose any other one it reverts it back to maxask.

Hi Greek, could you please provide a short video of this issue?

2 hours ago, Greek said:

It doesnt switch  search engines with every option i try.

Well apparently I'm doing something wrong because I can change to any search engine in the list, close Maxthon, re-open Maxthon and it stays to what I have changed it to. I'm on 6.1.3.2900 on Windows 11 Insider build 25126

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

2 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Well apparently I'm doing something wrong because I can change to any search engine in the list, close Maxthon, re-open Maxthon and it stays to what I have changed it to. I'm on 6.1.3.2900 on Windows 11 Insider build 25126

Obviously,  it doesn't happen to everyone   but   it does. Mine version is 6.1.3.2020 0414

On 5/28/2022 at 3:41 PM, Greek said:

It doesnt switch  search engines with every option i try.

Hi Greek, please update to the latest version 6.1.3.2900 then try this issue again. If you still experience the issue in v6.1.3.2900, please try to disable the extensions you installed from the extension center then try this issue again.

If you still experience the issue after disabling the extensions in v6.1.3.2900, please send the latest log file to me. To find the log file, you could open the folder "User Data" > "Log Files". ?

Dingtalk_20220530114738.jpg

Well , i did the update to 2900  and still had the same issue. But... I did follow your recomendation and disabled some extension  about  search engines  , such as image reverse search , duck ducjn go anti sniffing (i think) and  it  worked. Thanks a lot!

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, vedicaudio said:

So this thread kind of got hijacked into a discussion on default search engines.

Has the bug causing all search engine aliases to be deleted been fixed yet?

Hi vedicaudio, could you please hover on the search engine and then edit them manually?

MaxthonSnap20220630171039.png

This has just happened to me as well now. I have been using duckduckgo for a long time as my default then today Mx threw a fit and lost many of my settings. 
I went through and reset the changed ones but now Search engine is Google Max and this cannot be changed to any of the other displayed engines.
Is there a solution to this yet?

This has just happened to me as well now. I have been using duckduckgo for a long time as my default then today Mx threw a fit and lost many of my settings. 
I went through and reset the changed ones but now Search engine is Google Max and this cannot be changed to any of the other displayed engines.
Is there a solution to this yet?

EDIT: Found a solution switch off the Duckduckgo privacy essentials extension !!! This was one of the settings that got changed during the misbehaviour earlier

Archived