Startup page inactive

skidude2

This problem has come back again in v1700. My startup page is set to 'New Tab' and this opens correctly but the page is semi frozen as Control + T does not open a new tab and if I click any of the  Quick Access buttons the display changes as if it is about to open the required URL but nothing ever opens. I have to click on + on the tab bar to open a new tab and then everything works and opens up smoothly. The Startup tab is still inactive. If I change the Startup page to Last Session this also is inactive as it used to be in the earlier versions of Mx6.

13 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

This problem has come back again in v1700. My startup page is set to 'New Tab' and this opens correctly but the page is semi frozen as Control + T does not open a new tab and if I click any of the  Quick Access buttons the display changes as if it is about to open the required URL but nothing ever opens. I have to click on + on the tab bar to open a new tab and then everything works and opens up smoothly. The Startup tab is still inactive. If I change the Startup page to Last Session this also is inactive as it used to be in the earlier versions of Mx6.

Hi skidude1758732, we tried testing on our side but could not reproduce the same error. Could you help to record a video on this to show us? 

Yo Bugsir
This is confusing. I tried again today and mysteriously what I was finding was not happening was now behaving normally.

So I then went back to a previous problem by changing the Startup page from New Page to Last Session. In last session Startup Page all my peviously reported issues reappeared. The page was essentially frozen. Ctrl + T did not open a new tab. Previous Session was dead but History worked but still no new tab from Ctrl + T.

I then recorded a video session and with previous session selected I then clicked on the Open All button and the named tabs appeared but there was no web page in any of the tabs.
Then having gone through all this I closed Mx, reopened Mx and retried all the previously failing operations and and and ......everything worked normally. Unbelievably my running through all this had kicked Mx into behaving properly. 

I do have a remaining issue apart from the unreliability which creeps in after installing an upgrade which is that when I open Mx I always sign in with my password. But Mx6 has never given focus to the password field in the sign in popup. I have to click the password field or simply Tab once to get the cursor in the field to enter my password. Is there a possibility this can be fixed??

4 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

I do have a remaining issue apart from the unreliability which creeps in after installing an upgrade which is that when I open Mx I always sign in with my password. But Mx6 has never given focus to the password field in the sign in popup. I have to click the password field or simply Tab once to get the cursor in the field to enter my password. Is there a possibility this can be fixed??

Hi skidude1758732, I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it, could you provide me a video of it?

1 hour ago, skidude1758732 said:

OK here is a video of the issue. Note that there is no cursor in the Password field until I Tab or click to activate it.
Please remove the video from the Forum thread.

NewVideo1.avi 55.09 MB · 0 downloads

Hi skidude1758732, we are unable to download the video as it shows error. You could PM us the video if you are uncomfortable to post it here :)

snap_screen_20220301175924.png

Archived