MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.3.1700

BugSir006

2 hours ago, Cookie_Monster said:

Cannot shut down browser if "Close to system tray" is turned on in Settings>Advanced>System. It will close to system tray of course, but if you right click on the icon in system tray and select "exit", nothing will happen. This issue was not present in v6.1.3.1600.

I agree
It's not exiting from right clicking on icon in system tray

Edit:
I managed to close it not to system tray by
holding shift ( alt or ctrl) and clicking on the close x button
This way was the only way I could find 

Hello!

Astoundingly, STILL getting duplicates in download manager, STILL not removed when clearing list (confirming caching issue as they're not there after exit & reload Maxthon), STILL getting missing icons when programs downloaded or user icon instead or no icon at all... this has been going on for MANY months & has been reported MANY times.

The quick launch shortcuts, with just text & colour (which is STILL spelt wrong (color) in UK) don't update the 'favicon' displayed & there's no option to do so... even changing to screenshot & back again, doesn't refresh the missing icon (which the website definitely has).  A per-shortcut specified auto-refresh frequency would be nice (mostly for screenshots).

Are you planning on adding DNS-over-HTTPS?  It's common in most other big name browsers.

Are you planning on easily selectable user agent, like Mx5 had?

Obviously, auto update didn't work from previous version, despite update beta being ticked & I don't accept your explanation that's it's to protect users from dreadful/serious issues as everyone on the forum here is manually downloading these updates anyway, hoping you've finally fixed the various issues each user has experienced... if you have an option to update the beta version & the user has opted to tick it, then we've accepted there could be issues & that we're going to be running a beta version (which we're all manually doing now anyway)... either remove the option or make it work, but currently, it's highly misleading to have an option that does nothing (at least not until several updates have been released) & it even doesn't update to a new stable version from a beta install, which surely you consider to be good enough as you're calling it 'stable'!?  At the very least, let users know there is a new version & offer to download/install if they choose.

Since everyone who posts in the forum is signed in & many 'everyday' users also sign in to a Maxthon account, can you have Maxthon check if there's been any contact from posts or other users upon loading so we don't need to come to the forum only to see nothing's changed.  This could even be expanded to include inter-user communication or chat.

Obviously, the Chromium engine is way off the current version, despite most major browses updating ASAP when new versions come out to keep security & features up-to-date... this is yet another serious issue that isn't being addressed.

For more than 20 years, we've installed Maxthon on 1000's of customer's computers, but for the last 2 years, we've simply not been able to do that as it's just not good enough (at least when comparing it to Mx5).  We still recommend customers to try it, but have to explain that currently (2+ years!), it'll be a bit 'iffy'.

Hi, no one problem fixed,
1) crashing many times in the day,
2) YouTube crush problem continued (Open any YouTube video and try to make shortcut in desktop (right click in the tab etc...) and you will see maxthon sticks and then crashing without error report.)
3) in developer tools the problems continued, (On 12/11/2021 at 8:56 AM, alexzhus said:
We include video on any site. We include developer tools. Find the link to the video, select it with a double click LMB. We press RMB to copy, the developer tools hang tight, only closing the browser helps).
4) in the history you can not search in more than 1 or 2 days, as well as you can not see more than 1 or 2 days (by scrolling) this problem fixed... but exist new problem, every time you check history (page scrolling) you must wait for load all icon thumbnails.
5) New problem, Cannot shut down    Cookie_Monster Posted 7 hours ago
Cannot shut down browser if "Close to system tray" is turned on in Settings>Advanced>System. It will close to system tray of course, but if you right click on the icon in system tray and select "exit", nothing will happen.

Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, migel said:

2) YouTube crush problem continued (Open any YouTube video and try to make shortcut in desktop (right click in the tab etc...) and you will see maxthon sticks and then crashing without error report.)

Hi Migel
I tried the steps as you said but it always worked fine
I managed to make desktop shortcuts and started them with no problems

I'm using installed version on windows 10 

23 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Hi Migel
I tried the steps as you said but it always worked fine
I managed to make desktop shortcuts and started them with no problems

I'm using installed version on windows 10 

Hi, and thanks Mhzayer,
see in the videos what I mean.....

I'm using the portable version on win ent 10.
Ι try installed version and I will write here.

I tried the installed version and found the following:
1) I copied the my own "User Data folder" and tried to make YouTube shortcut it did the same problem again.
2) I tried again with the installed version but without my own "User Data folder" and I did a YouTube shortcut without any problem,
    so the problem is with the my own "User Data folder". 
3) I try again with portable version and uninstall all the extensions (not only to close them) to see if the problem is there,
    but i cant to make YouTube shortcut.

The questions I have are the following:
Why ONLY on YouTube?
And what might be the problem? that is, where to look in the my own "USER DATA FOLDER"? in order to solve the problem.

PS. All other problems also apply and to the installed version.

Thanks for any help!

On 2/26/2022 at 1:05 PM, 30312516 said:

I still have a problem with undo panel after deleting

I can't click undo button when the bookmark list is behind the panel.

Hi 30312516, sorry, this known issue is still being analyzed, and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

On 2/26/2022 at 3:47 PM, alexzhus said:

Still not fixed. For some problems, it has been more than 2 months.

Sorry, alexzhus, some issues will be fixed after updating the browser core.

On 2/26/2022 at 6:22 PM, Cookie_Monster said:

Cannot shut down browser if "Close to system tray" is turned on in Settings>Advanced>System. It will close to system tray of course, but if you right click on the icon in system tray and select "exit", nothing will happen. This issue was not present in v6.1.3.1600.

Bug reported. ?

On 2/27/2022 at 1:59 AM, migel said:

Hi migel, could you send the crash report of this issue to me? Did you enable any extensions regarding Youtube? Please try to disable it then try this issue again.

3) in developer tools the problems continued, (On 12/11/2021 at 8:56 AM, alexzhus said:
We include video on any site. We include developer tools. Find the link to the video, select it with a double click LMB. We press RMB to copy, the developer tools hang tight, only closing the browser helps).

This issue will be fixed after updating the browser core.

but exist new problem, every time you check history (page scrolling) you must wait for load all icon thumbnails.

Could you please provide a video of this issue?

5) New problem, Cannot shut down    Cookie_Monster Posted 7 hours ago
Cannot shut down browser if "Close to system tray" is turned on in Settings>Advanced>System. It will close to system tray of course, but if you right click on the icon in system tray and select "exit", nothing will happen.

Bug reported.?

On 2/26/2022 at 10:05 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Astoundingly, STILL getting duplicates in download manager, STILL not removed when clearing list (confirming caching issue as they're not there after exit & reload Maxthon), STILL getting missing icons when programs downloaded or user icon instead or no icon at all... this has been going on for MANY months & has been reported MANY times.

Hi MichaelC362, could you please provide a video of this issue? Did you enable any extensions regarding the download function? Please try to disable the extensions then try this issue again.

54 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you please provide a video of this issue? Did you enable any extensions regarding the download function? Please try to disable the extensions then try this issue again.

Hello!

These are the extensions I have installed:
Virus Checker for Downloads
Resource Sniff
Google Translate
Dr.Web Link Checker
AdBlock — best ad blocker

However, I tried with all of them disabled, remove website (www.softpedia.com) cookies, exit & reload Maxthon (with about:blank as default page, so nothing reloaded) & still does the same... today, all with user icon, but often with 'no icon' (i.e. default download image)

image.png.038f7ee93c425879c10798e14ca730a0.png

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi migel, could you send the crash report of this issue to me? Did you enable any extensions regarding YouTube? Please try to disable it then try this issue again.

On 1/15/2022 at 4:21 PM, migel said:
Open any YouTube video and try to make shortcut in desktop (right click in the tab etc...) and you will see maxthon sticks and then
crashing without error report.  <<<<<<

migel Posted yesterday at 11:52 AM

3) I try again with portable version and uninstall all the extensions (not only to close them) to see if the problem is there,
    but i cant to make YouTube shortcut.

1) I copied the my own "User Data folder" and tried to make YouTube shortcut it did the same problem again.
2) I tried again with the installed version but without my own "User Data folder" and I did a YouTube shortcut without any problem,
    so the problem is with the my own "User Data folder"

The questions I have are the following:

Why ONLY on YouTube?

And what might be the problem? that is, where to look in the my own "USER DATA FOLDER"? in order to solve the problem.

PS. All other problems also apply and to the installed version.

Thanks for any help!

6 hours ago, migel said:

On 1/15/2022 at 4:21 PM, migel said:
Open any YouTube video and try to make shortcut in desktop (right click in the tab etc...) and you will see maxthon sticks and then
crashing without error report.  <<<<<<

I have had no trouble at all creating a YouTube desktop shortcut, it works perfectly for me.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

1 hour ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I have had no trouble at all creating a YouTube desktop shortcut, it works perfectly for me.

Thanks for your answer!

14 hours ago, migel said:

Hi migel, thank you for your video.

Please open the installation path, open the folder "webui," use the attached file history.7z to replace the local one then restart the browser and try this issue again.

Maxthon Snap20220301144732.png

history.7z

11 hours ago, migel said:

Thanks for your answer!

Could you send the latest crash report of this issue to me?

I don't like the feature in Maxthon that prevents downloading of EXE files until confirmed by the user. This is just an obstacle. I propose to add an option in the configuration so that Exe files can be downloaded freely. In this way, users who are afraid of downloading EXE files can feel safe and the rest of us can feel free under our own responsibility. Thank you very much.

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi migel, thank you for your video.

Please open the installation path, open the folder "webui," use the attached file history.7z to replace the local one then restart the browser and try this issue again.

Maxthon Snap20220301144732.png

history.7z 186.3 kB · 1 download

Could you send the latest crash report of this issue to me?

Hi, (about history prob).
I work only with the portable version, I did install the latest version only for testing ...
I will try what you tell me although I believe that the problem will not be solved because I have deleted and re-installed the portable version more than 1 time.

Νow as for the crash report I can not send because as I have said many times (I have put 3 videos) as soon as I press to make a shortcut YouTube crashes maxthon hangs, and closes without crash report.

I said in a previous message that the problem with YouTube has to do with the my own "User Data folder"
is there a solution to clean my own "User Data folder" without losing my settings etc?

PS:
The my own "User Data folder" is 2.4GB (today) and it is getting bigger every day,
I delete all the files from the folders:
\\Maxthon 6\User Data\Profile 1\Cache folder
\\Maxthon 6\User Data\Profile 1\IndexedDB folder, and
\\Maxthon 6\User Data\Profile 1\reports folder
every time I put the new portable version (the 3 folders I mentioned they refill as soon as I run maxthon).

Thanks! BugSir006

20 minutes ago, cherey said:

I don't like the feature in Maxthon that prevents downloading of EXE files until confirmed by the user. This is just an obstacle. I propose to add an option in the configuration so that Exe files can be downloaded freely. In this way, users who are afraid of downloading EXE files can feel safe and the rest of us can feel free under our own responsibility. Thank you very much.

Hi cherey, request recorded :)

50 minutes ago, migel said:

I work only with the portable version, I did install the latest version only for testing ...

Hi migel, if you use the portable version, you can also use that history file which I sent to you to replace the local one then restart the browser.

Attached a screenshot for your reference.

history.jpg

1 hour ago, migel said:

Νow as for the crash report I can not send because as I have said many times (I have put 3 videos) as soon as I press to make a shortcut YouTube crashes maxthon hangs, and closes without crash report.

Do you have any custom settings on mx://flags?

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi migel, if you use the portable version, you can also use that history file which I sent to you to replace the local one then restart the browser.

Attached a screenshot for your reference.

history.jpg

Yes i know, i use the history file you sent me but nothing change,
each time I click history it does load all the thumbnails on each page.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Do you have any custom settings on mx://flags?

No, never (I did Reset all and nothing).
The problem exists only on YouTube shortcut and I have found that something is wrong with my own "User Data folder",
because I tested with the installation version and I have no problem.

21 minutes ago, migel said:

No, never (I did Reset all and nothing).
The problem exists only on YouTube shortcut and I have found that something is wrong with my own "User Data folder",
because I tested with the installation version and I have no problem.

Hi migel, would you compress the folder "User Data" and send it to me? Could you reproduce this issue in the guest account? 

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi migel, would you compress the folder "User Data" and send it to me? Could you reproduce this issue in the guest account? 

Thank you very much but i cant to send my User Data, sorry. No need to try guest account because i am sure its the wrong it ONLY in my "User Data" folder.
At some point I hope to find it and write here what I found that's wrong.

On 3/1/2022 at 9:48 AM, cherey said:

Hello!

I don't have any prompts (other than the 'New download task' box) displayed when downloading ANY files, EXE or otherwise...

Looking through the Maxthon settings options, I don't see any option to enable or disable such a feature either.

If this is something that others are getting, what setting am I missing!?

Are you working on or planning to release a macOS (Intel & Arm) or Linux (DEB, RPM, Arch) version of Maxthon 6?

You might want to update the copyright date on your website from 2020 to 2022:

image.thumb.png.3a4b7e94b86fa65f86b2ec00ac1c52aa.png

Archived