When typing message in text box, the 'post' button doesn't enable.

This happens on tw.yahoo.com site for my MX6 (so this need somebody can read Chinese). To reproduce the bug: Try opening a news story page, say https://tw.news.yahoo.com/婉拒加入國民黨選舉提名委員會-黃敏惠:市長候選人不適宜-095823846.html , then scroll down to the message textbox in the miidle of page. Try typing some texts. Normally the 'new post' button on bottom right of text box will become blue (enabled) but it doesn't. By refreshing a couple of times, sometimes it will be enabled. I try this on MX5, it always acts normal. This time I really don't add many extensions, only Ad Block, Google translation and simple copy. Since I'm using MX6 portable, after some version number, bugs keep happening from time to time. Should I give up portable version? You can download and see the recorded video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E9m2ddPCU5rdpSmc-Hm9rppaB-2imflH/view?usp=sharing

16 minutes ago, scottchu.tw said:

This happens on tw.yahoo.com site for my MX6 (so this need somebody can read Chinese). To reproduce the bug: Try opening a news story page, say https://tw.news.yahoo.com/婉拒加入國民黨選舉提名委員會-黃敏惠:市長候選人不適宜-095823846.html , then scroll down to the message textbox in the miidle of page. Try typing some texts. Normally the 'new post' button on bottom right of text box will become blue (enabled) but it doesn't. By refreshing  a couple of times, sometimes it will be enabled. I try this on MX5, it always acts normal. This time I really don't add many extensions, only Ad Block, Google translation and simple copy. Since I'm using MX6 portable, after some version number, bugs keep happening from time to time. Should I give up portable version? You can download and see the recorded video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E9m2ddPCU5rdpSmc-Hm9rppaB-2imflH/view?usp=sharing

Hi scottchu.tw, I tried testing on different articles but could not reproduce the same issue. May I know which version are you using? Did you do a clean or overwrite installation?

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi scottchu.tw, I tried testing on different articles but could not reproduce the same issue. May I know which version are you using? Did you do a clean or overwrite installation?

Always newest version. When I install a clean and new version (without old Userdata folder) in the beginning, it also doesn't have any obvious bugs, e.g this one. But after using Maxthon for a while, these bugs gradually happens. I only install some extensions (see attached image) and no more particular stuff. Maybe you can try installing these extensions and then give it a try again.

傲遊截圖20220218144511.png

5 hours ago, scottchu.tw said:

Always newest version. When I install a clean and new version (without old Userdata folder) in the beginning, it also doesn't have any obvious bugs, e.g this one. But after using Maxthon for a while, these bugs gradually happens. I only install some extensions (see attached image) and no more particular stuff. Maybe you can try installing these extensions and then give it a try again.

傲遊截圖20220218144511.png

Hi scottchu.tw, could you let us know your input language so we could test out further? Possible to give us the link or specific setting to download the input language?

I give up my old Maxthon 6.1.3.1400, only keep bookmark and Default folder in Userdata. Then I install a new 6.1.3.1600 portable, and open it using quest account (I never register any account on Maxthon cloud). After importing bookmark, deleting Default folder in Userdata and copying backuped Default folder into Userdata,  I only install simply copy, ImTranslator extensions this time. 

I'll try using Maxthon6 for a while to see if any bugs I reported before appear again.

1 hour ago, scottchu.tw said:

I give up my old Maxthon 6.1.3.1400, only keep bookmark and Default folder in Userdata. Then I install a new 6.1.3.1600 portable, and open it using quest account (I never register any account on Maxthon cloud). After importing bookmark, deleting Default folder in Userdata and copying backuped Default folder into Userdata,  I only install simply copy, ImTranslator extensions this time. 

I'll try using Maxthon6 for a while to see if any bugs I reported before appear again.

Hi scottchu.tw, could you try downloading the attached zipped file and try out to see if you experience the same issue?

Chromium96.zip

Archived