Lost all passwords in Maxthon 6

slavar

In my personal Maxthon-6 account, all 500 passwords have been erased in PassKeeper. The browser is installed on two PC (Win-10 64 bit) and the passwords have disappeared on both. This is what I feared. I didn't always write them down elsewhere. It's good that Maxthon-5 I didn't delete. It can be restored, except for the last saved passwords for sites.

I don't want to change my favorite browser, but the case is unpleasant. Now I have to fill in the passwords again manually.

Why did this happen and how can it be avoided in the future?

Maxthon6.jpg

Maxthon5.jpg

16 hours ago, slavar said:

In my personal Maxthon-6 account, all 500 passwords have been erased in PassKeeper. The browser is installed on two PC (Win-10 64 bit) and the passwords have disappeared on both. This is what I feared. I didn't always write them down elsewhere. It's good that Maxthon-5 I didn't delete. It can be restored, except for the last saved passwords for sites.

I don't want to change my favorite browser, but the case is unpleasant. Now I have to fill in the passwords again manually.

Why did this happen and how can it be avoided in the future?

Maxthon6.jpg

Maxthon5.jpg

Hi slavar, may I know which version are you using for both PCs? Did you also download and use the mobile version for android or iOS? Could you also let us know what happened right before you realized that passwords are all gone? Was it right after you install a version? Kindly provide us with your browser account email address for us to check further. In the meantime, kindly logon to uu.me and try to restore your passwords online.

lALPD26eQSoOL7zNA_nNBAc_1031_1017.png

14 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi slavar, may I know which version are you using for both PCs? Did you also download and use the mobile version for android or iOS? Could you also let us know what happened right before you realized that passwords are all gone? Was it right after you install a version? Kindly provide us with your browser account email address for us to check further. In the meantime, kindly logon to uu.me and try to restore your passwords online.

lALPD26eQSoOL7zNA_nNBAc_1031_1017.png

Nothing happened before the passwords were lost. Versions of Maxthon were installed fresh enough - 6.1.3.1300 or 1400, and on another PC - 6.1.3.1000. I work with them all the time. I rarely go to Maxthon Android.
Thanks. You helped me a lot. I recovered all my passwords via uu.me.
Very convenient recovery for different days within a month. I didn't know about it because there was no need.
I will add for other users that after restoring on uu.me, you must click Synchronization in Pass Keeper in the browser.

Maxthon6 recovered pass.jpg

On 2/19/2022 at 3:27 AM, slavar said:

Nothing happened before the passwords were lost. Versions of Maxthon were installed fresh enough - 6.1.3.1300 or 1400, and on another PC - 6.1.3.1000. I work with them all the time. I rarely go to Maxthon Android.
Thanks. You helped me a lot. I recovered all my passwords via uu.me.
Very convenient recovery for different days within a month. I didn't know about it because there was no need.
I will add for other users that after restoring on uu.me, you must click Synchronization in Pass Keeper in the browser.

Maxthon6 recovered pass.jpg

Hi slavar, could you provide us with the log files from both your PC? You should be able to find the log files under User Data; kindly zip all the documents in there and send it to us so we could let the development team look into it.

lQLPDhsrybNf0HfNAljNBgKwDrFcmBQqGgsCGGpQDYC9AA_1538_600.png

21.02.2022 в 10:34, BugSir009 сказал:

Привет, слава, не могли бы вы выбрать файлы журналов с вашими компьютерами? Вы можете найти файлы журналов в разделе «Данные пользователя»; Пожалуйста, заархивируйте все документы.

lQLPDhsrybNf0HfNAljNBgKwDrFcmBQqGgsCGGpQDYC9AA_1538_600.png

Привет, БагСир009. Сегодня пароли снова стерты. Из 600 паролей осталось 33

Log Files PC2.zip Log Files PC1.zip

5 hours ago, slavar said:

Hello BagSir009. Today the passwords have been erased again. Out of 600 passwords, 33 remained

Log Files PC2.zip 43.57 kB · 0 downloads Log Files PC1.zip 520.54 kB · 0 downloads

Hi slavar, thank you for sending the log files over. We will forward it to the development team for them to look into it. In the meantime, could you download and install the latest version V6.1.3.1600 on both your PCs and you could logon to uu.me to retrieve your passwords.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zion7 said:

Hello BugSir009 and Maxthon Team

Same happened to me today, with a loss of 1000+ passwords. Moreover, I could not connect to uu.me as it gives 403 Forbidden error.

Would you please look into this?

Many thanks

Hi zion7, could you let me know the email address of your browser account and describe the operating steps that caused this issue?

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi zion7, could you let me know the email address of your browser account and describe the operating steps that caused this issue?

Hi BugSir006, I just send you a private message with the email address associated with the account. No specific action on my behalf caused this, as I just opened the browser as I normally would each day. Thank you

there is a bad deal with with MX team; we don't know if you've been hacked or if you're totally lost;

but there's something wrong

i can't access to my account, i can't recover it; fortunately i'm only using MX for fun, it wont harm

anyway i read about bugs, crashes and so on, you had lot of work to do, maybe with help of others

9 hours ago, karajan said:

there is a bad deal with with MX team; we don't know if you've been hacked or if you're totally lost;

but there's something wrong

i can't access to my account, i can't recover it; fortunately i'm only using MX for fun, it wont harm

anyway i read about bugs, crashes and so on, you had lot of work to do, maybe with help of others

Hi karajan, just to confirm if you are trying to reset your Maxthon account password? If yes, kindly PM us your email address for your browser account and we will help to reset it. 

14 hours ago, zion7 said:

Hi BugSir006, I just send you a private message with the email address associated with the account. No specific action on my behalf caused this, as I just opened the browser as I normally would each day. Thank you

Hi zion7, thank you for your information. The password data has been recovered; please try to check them.
For solving it totally, we hope to confirm more specific data regarding this issue.
1. Could you let me know the browser's version number in use when this issue occurred?
2. How many devices are you using Maxthon 6? PC, Android, or iOS? 
3. Did you use the Maxthon browser in different areas? Such as the home PC and office PC?

10 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi karajan, just to confirm if you are trying to reset your Maxthon account password? If yes, kindly PM us your email address for your browser account and we will help to reset it. 

this is been done, unfortunately i never received any answer

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi zion7, thank you for your information. The password data has been recovered; please try to check them.
For solving it totally, we hope to confirm more specific data regarding this issue.
1. Could you let me know the browser's version number in use when this issue occurred?
2. How many devices are you using Maxthon 6? PC, Android, or iOS? 
3. Did you use the Maxthon browser in different areas? Such as the home PC and office PC?

Hi BugSir006

Great! The password data has now been restored indeed as well as my access to uu.me. Thanks a lot.

Here are some additional details as requested:

1. The bowser's version number is Version6.1.3.1001(64-bit)0126 when the issue occured
2. I currently use 2 PC and one iOS
3. Yes I use Maxthon Browser in different areas as I am often on the go

Hope this helps preventing the issue in the future.

Cheers

12 hours ago, zion7 said:

1. The bowser's version number is Version6.1.3.1001(64-bit)0126 when the issue occured

Hi zion7, thank you for your reply. We will continue following this issue. The latest official version 6.1.3.2000 has been released; please try to update it on your two PCs.

12 hours ago, zion7 said:

2. I currently use 2 PC and one iOS
3. Yes I use Maxthon Browser in different areas as I am often on the go

Please help to check the passwords recovered successfully on all your devices. ?

If some device could not sync the recovered password data and upload the empty data to the server, then cause the data loss issue; please let me know the version number of that MX6.

13 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Please help to check the passwords recovered successfully on all your devices. ?

If some device could not sync the recovered password data and upload the empty data to the server, then cause the data loss issue; please let me know the version number of that MX6.

Done! My devices are now using the latest version and the passwords have been successfully synchronized.

I keep you posted if anything, thanks again for all your help ?

the first try with the code i received 1 hour ago went wrong, i called for a new code and it worked

thanks to the team

i guess the trouble was; i changed a few week ago, the password and entered succefully one who exceed the 20 characters limit, and then i was blocked

my opinion is that, nowadays, this limitation is not that secure, 30 or 40 characters or more would be fine

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 10:56 PM, BugSir006 said:

Sorry to bother - the passwords have just disappeared again. And uu.me is giving me an error message when I try to recover the backup. (see attachment)

I'm currently using Maxthon 6.1.3.2000 (64-bit) 0319.

Would you please look into this? Many thanks

image.png

6 hours ago, zion7 said:

Sorry to bother - the passwords have just disappeared again. And uu.me is giving me an error message when I try to recover the backup. (see attachment)

I'm currently using Maxthon 6.1.3.2000 (64-bit) 0319.

Would you please look into this? Many thanks

image.png

Hi zion7, it seems that the password data has been recovered. Please try to check it.

Two of your PCs are version 6.1.3.2000?

7 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi zion7, it seems that the password data has been recovered. Please try to check it.

Two of your PCs are version 6.1.3.2000?

Yes thank you BugSir006, the passwords have been recovered indeed.

And yes I'm currently using version 6.1.3.2000 - seemingly not stable enough though as the browser randomly crashes these days.

9 hours ago, zion7 said:

nd yes I'm currently using version 6.1.3.2000 - seemingly not stable enough though as the browser randomly crashes these days.

Could you please send the crash dmp files to me? It would be appreciated if you could desribe the operating steps that caused crashes.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you please send the crash dmp files to me? It would be appreciated if you could desribe the operating steps that caused crashes.

Sure thing - I just sent the compressed folder by PM. Thanks a lot.

17 hours ago, zion7 said:

Sure thing - I just sent the compressed folder by PM. Thanks a lot.

Hi zion7, the crash issue has been fixed in the latest version 6.1.3.2300 please try to update it. ?

Regarding the password data loss issue, could you please send the log files to me? 

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi zion7, the crash issue has been fixed in the latest version 6.1.3.2300 please try to update it. ?

Regarding the password data loss issue, could you please send the log files to me? 

Great! I just updated to the latest version 6.1.3.2300 and I have just sent the log files. Thanks again :)

Archived