×

Give a tip

Crashing and freezing in 6.1.3.1400


Recommended Posts

I'm having a very buggy experience on my Windows 10 laptop with Version6.1.3.1400 (64-bit) 0128.

Towards the end of last week I noticed that Maxthon had started crashing fairly quickly after start-up, so I reinstalled over the top but found no change. (It usually happened once, then was stable after rebooting.) I then uninstalled and reinstalled clean, which seemed initially successful, but today it's suddenly worse than ever.

Sometimes I have one tab open, sometimes I can use it for long enough to get to 11 tabs, but it keeps crashing out completely.

Meanwhile, whilst I am using it, I keep experiencing freezes (with no feedback). I'll be scrolling down a page and it suddenly stops, for maybe 5 - 10 seconds, before starting up again.

No other heavy processes are running that would be an obvious explainer.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, AaronX said:

I'm having a very buggy experience on my Windows 10 laptop with Version6.1.3.1400 (64-bit) 0128.

Towards the end of last week I noticed that Maxthon had started crashing fairly quickly after start-up, so I reinstalled over the top but found no change. (It usually happened once, then was stable after rebooting.) I then uninstalled and reinstalled clean, which seemed initially successful, but today it's suddenly worse than ever.

Sometimes I have one tab open, sometimes I can use it for long enough to get to 11 tabs, but it keeps crashing out completely.

Meanwhile, whilst I am using it, I keep experiencing freezes (with no feedback). I'll be scrolling down a page and it suddenly stops, for maybe 5 - 10 seconds, before starting up again.

No other heavy processes are running that would be an obvious explainer.

Hi AaronX, could you help us by recording a video of these crashing and freezing issues? In the meantime, would appreciate if you could send us the crash report as well. Thank you!

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi AaronX, could you help us by recording a video of these crashing and freezing issues? In the meantime, would appreciate if you could send us the crash report as well. Thank you!

There's really nothing to show in the crashes - the window just closes.

Where can I find the crash report log you'd like me to send?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the crashing may be related to reopening tabs from the previous session. Last time I managed to have Maxthon open for any amount of time yesterday, I didn't try to resurrect any tabs, just closed them all, so on starting the browser today it was just on the New Tab tile page. And has not crashed once in about 4 hours of use.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AaronX said:

I think the crashing may be related to reopening tabs from the previous session. Last time I managed to have Maxthon open for any amount of time yesterday, I didn't try to resurrect any tabs, just closed them all, so on starting the browser today it was just on the New Tab tile page. And has not crashed once in about 4 hours of use.

Hi AaronX, thank you for the crash report and information. We will forward these details to the development team for them to look into it.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.