clean and overwrite install of prortable versions seem to function different.

When I upgrade portable version, I always unzip all files and folder in zip file into the folders of previous version. It mostly runs well except sometimes I will find it runs abonormally. For example, this time, I open this yahoo page: https://tw.news.yahoo.com/直播/亞旭電腦確診數暴增-陳時中下午-2-時記者會說明-024406489.html , scroll down to middle of page to leave some post, normally when I start typing some contents in the text box, the words on bottom rightmost will turn to blue and become clickable (this word means posting). However, It stays disabled (the word is keeping being light-grey color).  If I use clean install (Unzp new version into a clean new folders), it runs correct.

What's wrong with my overwrite install method? What could cause the different behavior? Is there any way to fix it?

p.s. The version is always newest. This time it's 6.1.3.1300.

On 1/22/2022 at 3:18 PM, scottchu.tw said:

When I upgrade portable version, I always unzip all files and folder in zip file into the folders of previous version. It mostly runs well except sometimes I will find it runs abonormally. For example, this time, I open this yahoo page: https://tw.news.yahoo.com/直播/亞旭電腦確診數暴增-陳時中下午-2-時記者會說明-024406489.html , scroll down to middle of page to leave some post, normally when I start typing some contents in the text box, the words on bottom rightmost will turn to blue and become clickable (this word means posting). However, It stays disabled (the word is keeping being light-grey color).  If I use clean install (Unzp new version into a clean new folders), it runs correct.

What's wrong with my overwrite install method? What could cause the different behavior? Is there any way to fix it?

Hi scottchu.tw, did you install any extensions? Could you try to disable all the extensions and try again to see if you experience the same issue?

On 1/22/2022 at 3:18 PM, scottchu.tw said:

Hi scottchu.tw, could you provide a video of this issue? 

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/24/2022 at 11:56 PM, Magdalene said:

@scottchu.tw

I used to update my portable version the same as you.

Now I unzip the new version into a new folder and copy and paste the User Data folder from the old version into the new version.

I find that I have to give up my Userdata folder and then things can work normally.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:49 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi scottchu.tw, could you provide a video of this issue? 

I find that I have to give up my Userdata folder and things can work normally.

Archived