MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.3.1300

BugSir006

14 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Cllaymen, sorry, we tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced it, could you send your file "History" to me via the private message?

To find the file "History," you could go to the folder User Data" > "your browser account folder."

history.jpg

OK, I made a short video of this little problem. Version 6.1.3.1300
(64-bits) 0121, Win 10 21H2 19044.1466. Processor 5950X (16 Core), 64GB fast RAM, Samsung 970 EVO. I think that's enough .. I scrolled the screen with the scroll wheel on the mouse .. Loading the history stops every few screens as you can see .. and the icons appear slowly and only you can continue browsing the history quickly .. Loading the history on a given day also sometimes takes a lot of seconds .. Sorry for the music, I didn't know it was going to be recorded :)

Hi Magdalene, could you please provide a screenshot of your flag settings? 

@BugSir006

Sorry I've tried several times to make a scrolling screenshot with different apps but none of them work correctly.

Close MX6. Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data rename your Local State file to Local State 1. Replace this file with the file I posted then open MX6. Open mx://flags to view my settings. When finished close MX6, delete the Local State file and rename your original Local State 1 file back to Local State.

Many extensions are unable to export data. For e.g. 'Violentmonkey' v2.13.0>Settings>Data Export>Export to zip does nothing. Similarly with 'Tab Session Manager' v6.11.1>Settings>Sessions>Export Sessions>Export does nothing. Same extensions works fine in other browsers and used to work in MX6 a couple of months ago.

Using Portable MX 6.1.3.1300 (64-bit) 0121 on Windows 10 x64.

8 hours ago, Cllaymenn said:

(64-bits) 0121, Win 10 21H2 19044.1466. Processor 5950X (16 Core), 64GB fast RAM, Samsung 970 EVO. I think that's enough .. I scrolled the screen with the scroll wheel on the mouse .. Loading the history stops every few screens as you can see .. and the icons appear slowly and only you can continue browsing the history quickly .. Loading the history on a given day also sometimes takes a lot of seconds .. Sorry for the music, I didn't know it was going to be recorded :)

1163788061_Untitled7.avi

Hi Cllaymenn, I tried clicking on the link provided but was prompted "we could not locate the item". Could you kindly attach the video again? Thank you.

3 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

When using the screen capture (Ctrl+F1), the preview window display is showing content nowhere near the cursor...

20220127-Mx6-scren capture.jpg

(this screen shot doesn't show it, but the cursor was down below the preview)

That's strange. I tried several times and the preview window is always where my cursor was. Sorry, I don't know what to suggest.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

STILL for the love of heaven WAITING for a MIDDLE TAB BAR setting, like Maxthon Classic/MyIE2 used to have, but was removed when Maxthon went "independent" browser.

I want to come back to Maxthon, and this is the ONLY thing stopping me.

If you've forgotten what it looks like, see 360Chrome for an example (not their new "X" version, but the current version).

10 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

That's strange. I tried several times and the preview window is always where my cursor was. Sorry, I don't know what to suggest.

The same here 
Everything's fine

Maybe there are conflicting capture apps or extensions
My Nvidia Display card has a capture shortcut disabled

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

When using the screen capture (Ctrl+F1), the preview window display is showing content nowhere near the cursor...

20220127-Mx6-scren capture.jpg

(this screen shot doesn't show it, but the cursor was down below the preview)

Seems the issue is caused by that large rectangular box that appears when the cursor is near the top... anywhere else on the screen & the preview is correct

On 1/27/2022 at 1:52 AM, Cllaymenn said:

1163788061_Untitled7.avi

Hi Cllaymenn, sorry, the video cannot play, could you send it again? 

On 1/27/2022 at 4:42 AM, thereddevilrulez said:

Many extensions are unable to export data. For e.g. 'Violentmonkey' v2.13.0>Settings>Data Export>Export to zip does nothing. Similarly with 'Tab Session Manager' v6.11.1>Settings>Sessions>Export Sessions>Export does nothing. Same extensions works fine in other browsers and used to work in MX6 a couple of months ago.

Using Portable MX 6.1.3.1300 (64-bit) 0121 on Windows 10 x64.

Hi thereddevilrulez, I tried to test this issue on my end. The data could be exported and imported successfully. Could you provide me a video of it?

script.jpgsession.jpg

5 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Seems the issue is caused by that large rectangular box that appears when the cursor is near the top... anywhere else on the screen & the preview is correct

Hi MichaelC362, I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it.

Did you use the Windows 7 system?

It would be appreciated if you could send a video of it to me. 

On 1/27/2022 at 3:22 AM, Magdalene said:

@BugSir006

Sorry I've tried several times to make a scrolling screenshot with different apps but none of them work correctly.

Close MX6. Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data rename your Local State file to Local State 1. Replace this file with the file I posted then open MX6. Open mx://flags to view my settings. When finished close MX6, delete the Local State file and rename your original Local State 1 file back to Local State.

This issue has been reported to the dev team. ?

18 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it.

Did you use the Windows 7 system?

It would be appreciated if you could send a video of it to me. 

Hello!

Windows 8.1 Professional, 64bit, up-to-date

It's only when the popup box, which appears when the cursor is moved towards the top of the screen, that the preview is out as that box brightens & shifts the content a little.  The box ONLY appears while doing screen snap

(You'll need to have a codec pack (e.g. KLite Mega codec pack) installed to play this video as it's in a highly compressed format to save space)

On 1/28/2022 at 5:06 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi thereddevilrulez, I tried to test this issue on my end. The data could be exported and imported successfully. Could you provide me a video of it?

script.jpgsession.jpg

MX6 was crashing a few versions ago so maybe extensions data got corrupted somehow. Removed Tab session manager, restarted MX6 portable, installed extension again and now fine. But if i do that to Violentmonkey then i will lose all added scripts, is there a way to manually install it without removal?

11 hours ago, thereddevilrulez said:

MX6 was crashing a few versions ago so maybe extensions data got corrupted somehow. Removed Tab session manager, restarted MX6 portable, installed extension again and now fine. But if i do that to Violentmonkey then i will lose all added scripts, is there a way to manually install it without removal?

Hi thereddevilrulez, did you import the zip file to Violentmonkey? 

41 minutes ago, thereddevilrulez said:

Why import? Am asking on how to re-install Violentmonkey extension without uninstalling or removing the extension itself.

You could export the Violentmonkey extension data, remove it from Maxthon, reinstall it from the Chrome extension web store, then import the previous Violentmonkey extension internal data.

You can also try to import the full extensions. But currently, in Maxthon, the "Import/Export" function does not support importing/exporting the internal extension data.

export and import.jpg

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

You could export the Violentmonkey extension data, remove it from Maxthon, reinstall it from the Chrome extension web store, then import the previous Violentmonkey extension internal data.

You can also try to import the full extensions. But currently, in Maxthon, the "Import/Export" function does not support importing/exporting the internal extension data.

export and import.jpg

You mean manually copy 'jinjaccalgkegednnccohejagnlnfdag' folders, remove Violentmonkey extension from Maxthon, reinstall it from the Chrome extension web store, then copy back those folders?

On 1/27/2022 at 3:06 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Cllaymenn, I tried clicking on the link provided but was prompted "we could not locate the item". Could you kindly attach the video again? Thank you.

Sure!  i upload video to Sendspace.com.. just click Download button

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pepvqp

On 1/28/2022 at 10:47 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Cllaymenn, sorry, the video cannot play, could you send it again? 

On 2/2/2022 at 6:37 AM, Cllaymenn said:

Hi Cllaymenn, thanks for the video. I will forward it to our development team for them to look into it. In the meantime, could you download and install the latest version V6.1.3.1400 and see if you experience the same thing?

On 2/3/2022 at 4:38 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Cllaymenn, thanks for the video. I will forward it to our development team for them to look into it. In the meantime, could you download and install the latest version V6.1.3.1400 and see if you experience the same thing?

Ok I checked and there is some more serious error now.... .. because when I scroll down 2-3 screens, the list stops and even when the link icons load, I can't scroll lower.... It doesn't help to change the day in the history... I don't think I need to make a video as this description plus that video from the .1300 version should allow you all to check it in a few seconds on any computer with the V6.1.3.1400 version 

On 1/31/2022 at 4:22 AM, thereddevilrulez said:

You mean manually copy 'jinjaccalgkegednnccohejagnlnfdag' folders, remove Violentmonkey extension from Maxthon, reinstall it from the Chrome extension web store, then copy back those folders?

Hi thereddevilrulez, you could use the Import/Export function of the extension itself to import/export data. We do not suggest you copy the folder directly. It probably causes some issues.

On 2/2/2022 at 6:37 AM, Cllaymenn said:

On 2/6/2022 at 4:54 AM, Cllaymenn said:

Ok I checked and there is some more serious error now.... .. because when I scroll down 2-3 screens, the list stops and even when the link icons load, I can't scroll lower.... It doesn't help to change the day in the history... I don't think I need to make a video as this description plus that video from the .1300 version should allow you all to check it in a few seconds on any computer with the V6.1.3.1400 version 

Thank you for your reply and video. Bug reported. ?

• 1 month later...

Archived