MX6 PC Beta 6.1.3.1200 & Android 6.0.2.4400 Release

BugSir006

Hello!

Previous version didn't upgrade & said was up-to-date (is this ever going to work!?)

After installing new version, open tabs from previous version were lost after the restart... if this is by design, then that could be improved by simply having a file that keeps a list of open tabs & this is read upon starting Maxthon.

During installation, there are 3 repeating screens telling about Maxthon features, but each are on screen for far too short a time to actually read them.

STILL getting missing & wrong icons in download manager, however, so far this week, not had duplicates (since it doesn't happen everyday, can't yet say if that's fixed or just not had it recently)

image.png.52a9955118496adfbe92447b8c484fb6.png

Hello!

You've not updated the copyright date from 2021 to 2022 (in Mx5, you just displayed the current year, which was poor as if date was set in future, e.g. 2030, Mx5 would say 1999-2030!)

image.thumb.png.0114e486a4b67dd9ae4a7fdb127e8349.png

Not fixed in this version either.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:56 AM, alexzhus said:

We include video on any site. We include developer tools. Find the link to the video, select it with a double click LMB. We press RMB to copy, the developer tools hang tight, only closing the browser helps.

On 12/13/2021 at 5:47 PM, alexzhus said:
On 12/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, alexzhus said:

There is also such a bug. When scrolling the page, a strip of squares jumps. Moreover, it does not appear immediately after launching the browser, but after some time (I could not catch the pattern)
The video below can be seen, you can watch it in slow motion. Filmed on the phone, as the bandicam does not pick it up. Rather, when the recording is in bandicam, this strip is not visible.

Video

Hi, the memory error continued.

Also,

1. Open any YouTube video and try to make shortcut in desktop (right click in the tab etc...) and you will see maxthon sticks and then crashing without error report. Does it do it to you?

2. If you finally manage to make shortcut from YouTube video and you click the shortcut goes in the central YouTube page and NOT in the video you chose. Does it do it to you? 

PS: I try also without any extension.

3 hours ago, alexzhus said:
On 12/11/2021 at 8:56 AM, alexzhus said:

We include video on any site. We include developer tools. Find the link to the video, select it with a double click LMB. We press RMB to copy, the developer tools hang tight, only closing the browser helps.

Hi, i try and work fine in my. (maybe some extension make this problem).

9 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

Hi. The set of extensions is unchanged from previous versions. In earlier versions with the same set of extensions, it worked without problems.

I try again many times and i saw what you means, you have right the problem exist also in my. (i don't know, before I tried its no problem).

Why are site icons updated every time you go to the quick access panel? Usually icons are placed on the site once, when creating a site and that's it.

YouTube, tiktok.com video autoplay stopped working. In ok.ru, vk.com video playback starts with the sound turned off, before it turned on immediately with the sound. There are no such problems in mx 5 and other browsers.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:10 PM, suphamster said:

Video playback is broken in this version. Try this link https://pikabu.ru/story/medved_napal_na_kota_8762145 (it plays only if u open video directly in separate window https://cs14.pikabu.ru/video/2022/01/14/1642167670255892603_576x620.webm). Reverted to previous version and all works fine!

it works but when you play it then stop it then play it 

5 hours ago, alexzhus said:

Why are site icons updated every time you go to the quick access panel? Usually icons are placed on the site once, when creating a site and that's it.

YouTube, tiktok.com video autoplay stopped working. In ok.ru, vk.com video playback starts with the sound turned off, before it turned on immediately with the sound. There are no such problems in mx 5 and other browsers.

Settings - Advanced - Delete Flage Disable AutoPlay

uu.JPG

On 1/15/2022 at 12:28 AM, Magdalene said:

How do I get Dark Mode?

Hi Magdalene, you could select the "Dark" color as the system theme.

system color.jpg

On 1/15/2022 at 12:28 AM, Magdalene said:

Last session never finishes loading.

I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it, could you send a video of this issue to me?

Hello!

Still not recording all login fields on https://www.nsandi.com/ (this is government backed 'Premium Bonds' savings).

There's 3 fields: NS&I number, Surname & Password

Mx5 stored them all, but latest Mx6 still only the last 2 (previous versions even placed the values in the wrong fields, with Surname in NS&I number & password in Surname, so I guess this is a step forward!)

On 1/15/2022 at 11:18 PM, alexzhus said:

Issue reported. ?

On 1/15/2022 at 10:21 PM, migel said:

1. Open any YouTube video and try to make shortcut in desktop (right click in the tab etc...) and you will see maxthon sticks and then crashing without error report. Does it do it to you?

Hi migel, I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced it, could you provide a video of it?

On 1/15/2022 at 10:21 PM, migel said:

2. If you finally manage to make shortcut from YouTube video and you click the shortcut goes in the central YouTube page and NOT in the video you chose. Does it do it to you? 

Issue reported. ?

On 1/15/2022 at 4:02 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Previous version didn't upgrade & said was up-to-date (is this ever going to work!?)

Sorry, MichaelC362, this is not a bug.? The auto-update will not work unless the dev team pushes the update in the background. Usually, the dev team won't push the auto-update to avoid affecting the user's experience because the new version may have some problems.

For example, we release a new version 6.x.x.100, and then we found some terrific problems; the dev team will fix the issue urgently then push the auto-update; users will receive the auto-update version 6.x.x.101/102/103.

After installing new version, open tabs from previous version were lost after the restart... if this is by design, then that could be improved by simply having a file that keeps a list of open tabs & this is read upon starting Maxthon.

Did you set the startup page as the "Continue where you left off?"

Dingtalk_20220117211633.jpg

During installation, there are 3 repeating screens telling about Maxthon features, but each are on screen for far too short a time to actually read them.

You've not updated the copyright date from 2021 to 2022 (in Mx5, you just displayed the current year, which was poor as if date was set in future, e.g. 2030, Mx5 would say 1999-2030!)

Issues recorded. ?

On 1/15/2022 at 3:10 AM, suphamster said:

Video playback is broken in this version. Try this link https://pikabu.ru/story/medved_napal_na_kota_8762145 (it plays only if u open video directly in separate window https://cs14.pikabu.ru/video/2022/01/14/1642167670255892603_576x620.webm). Reverted to previous version and all works fine!

Hi suphamster, please try to uncheck "Disable auto-play."

Dingtalk_20220117214702.jpg

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:
On 1/15/2022 at 4:21 PM, migel said:

Hi migel, I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced it, could you provide a video of it?

17 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Sorry, MichaelC362, this is not a bug.? The auto-update will not work unless the dev team pushes the update in the background. Usually, the dev team won't push the auto-update to avoid affecting the user's experience because the new version may have some problems.

For example, we release a new version 6.x.x.100, and then we found some terrific problems; the dev team will fix the issue urgently then push the auto-update; users will receive the auto-update version 6.x.x.101/102/103.

So it's ok for users to manually download a new version with "terrific problems", but not for Maxthon to do it for us!?

Since we're all waiting on a version of Mx6 to finally be as reliable as Mx5, obviously we're all downloading EVERY release that comes out (only to be disappointed that it's still not good enough!)...

If you have a setting that says "auto update" then it MUST update for EVERY version released (including beta, if option ticked) else that IS a bug.

The dev team are doing internal alpha testing (& missing a LOT of bugs!) & the users, if beta updates selected (or if they manually download), would be doing beta testing, but you can't have a setting where the dev team arbitrarily decides when to allow updates to proceed.

After beta testing, once in a rare while, you release a "stable" version, but even that doesn't get auto-updated, leaving the current stable or beta!! If it's classed as "stable" that means the dev team think it's good enough, so why would they not 'push' that update either!?

As you have a setting to include beta updates, which is off by default, if a user selects that, then they have consciously decided to participate in the beta program, to evaluate & assist in bug squashing, therefore when new versions, even beta versions, are released, they should ALL be auto-updated.

You could simply add a prompt to show when an update is available (perhaps with a link to the change log) & allow the user to decide if they want to do the update then or not, but if the option exists & it's not working, then that is a bug!

18 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Did you set the startup page as the "Continue where you left off?"

No, I always have it set to "new tab", but if open tabs are present this could be warned/prompted before restarting to reopen after

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi migel, I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced it. Could you send the crash report of this issue to me?

Hi, 

Open any YouTube video and try to make shortcut in desktop (right click in the tab etc...) and you will see maxthon sticks and then crashing without error report. Does it do it to you?

9 hours ago, migel said:

Hi, 

Hi migel, could you please try to disable the extensions then try this issue again?

Could you try to create a dump file in task manager when experiencing this issue? You could right-click on the main process then create the dump file.

Open the task manager, enable the Command line then find the process which does not have the long command line information, right-click on it, create the dump and send the dump file to me. 

Maxthon Snap20220119114112.png

Would you like to try this issue in our internal test version

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi migel, could you please try to disable the extensions then try this issue again?

Could you try to create a dump file in task manager when experiencing this issue? You could right-click on the main process then create the dump file.

Open the task manager, enable the Command line then find the process which does not have the long command line information, right-click on it, create the dump and send the dump file to me. 

Would you like to try this issue in our internal test version

Hi, the memory error continued.

PS: I try also without any extension.

Hi again! the memory error + YouTube error i have it and in the previous versions, the biggest problem for my is the memory error (the explorer crushed many times in one day). Thanks for your help.

PS: I try the test version....

1 hour ago, migel said:

Hi again! the memory error + YouTube error i have it and in the previous versions, the biggest problem for my is the memory error (the explorer crushed many times in one day). Thanks for your help.

PS: I try the test version....

Hi migel, the memory issue is still being analyzed.

Regarding the Youtube issue, could you create a dump file when experiencing this issue? 

You could right-click on the main process then create the dump file.

5 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi migel, the memory issue is still being analyzed.

Regarding the Youtube issue, could you create a dump file when experiencing this issue? 

You could right-click on the main process then create the dump file.

I try .....

Ok I did some tests, in the first video as you can see I have closed all the extensions, and I make shortcuts to many sites without any problem, (I also did it on TikTok to see that my problem only exists on YouTube) and as soon as I do a shortcut on YouTube it sticks and after the Maxthon crashes without any report file.

In the second video I have closed all the extensions and I try with the latest test version 6.1.3.1203 (64-bit) 0119 and it still crashes with the same problem as shown in the video.

I also created the dump file but it is too big for me to send it to you, it is 676MB (709,468,160 bytes) and compressed with 7zip it is 172MB and with WinRAR it is 196MB (if you absolutely need it then let me try to send it to you).

Archived