Moving, arranging and modifying tabs and groups in the "New Tab" window - chaos!

I usually don't change the list of tabs in the "New Tab", I try to keep it minimal.

Today I added a new tab and wanted to move it (drag) into a group/folder of related tabs.
What ended up happening is that all the tabs started moving around uncontrollably and to stop it I just dropped the dragged tab wherever it's box was.
It ended with another link tab and formed a group. While trying to get the tab/link out of the group, again chaos ensued and the tab group ended up in another tab group. I tried to drag it out without the madness, but it just didn't get it out of the subgroup. Now it's chaos.

How do we deal with this kind of mess?
Could you add simple right-click options of "move up one level" or "Move into group" and such? Maybe add that management as a subsection of the MaxNote feature?

7 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

I usually don't change the list of tabs in the "New Tab", I try to keep it minimal.

Today I added a new tab and wanted to move it (drag) into a group/folder of related tabs.
What ended up happening is that all the tabs started moving around uncontrollably and to stop it I just dropped the dragged tab wherever it's box was.
It ended with another link tab and formed a group. While trying to get the tab/link out of the group, again chaos ensued and the tab group ended up in another tab group. I tried to drag it out without the madness, but it just didn't get it out of the subgroup. Now it's chaos.

How do we deal with this kind of mess?
Could you add simple right-click options of "move up one level" or "Move into group" and such? Maybe add that management as a subsection of the MaxNote feature?

Hi TheWhitestOfFangs, may I know which version are you using? And is it the install or portable version?

15 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi TheWhitestOfFangs, may I know which version are you using? And is it the install or portable version?

6.1.3.1000(64-bit)1231, regular/install.

Also, moving stuff around caused some bug where a group of tabs was... frozen? and could be accessed.
I don't know what's going on and I don't want to deal with it to be fair. It's just to messy right now.

My suggestion is that you add this to MaxNote to allow it to be organized more easily / controllably. 

On 1/15/2022 at 2:17 AM, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

6.1.3.1000(64-bit)1231, regular/install.

Also, moving stuff around caused some bug where a group of tabs was... frozen? and could be accessed.
I don't know what's going on and I don't want to deal with it to be fair. It's just to messy right now.

My suggestion is that you add this to MaxNote to allow it to be organized more easily / controllably. 

Hi TheWhitestofFangs, could you download the latest version V6.1.3.1200 and see if the issue persist? If yes, could you record a video for us?

Archived