MX6 switch out from top-level window when Background slideshow picture change

riky

I made this post at other topic, just make it an independent topic to share the experience and see any other have the same issue or just me.

I have experiencing an issue with MX6 since its release and for all the versions. Almost give MX6 up because it is so annoying and don't see it got fix for any new version, and I don't find same issue on other programs or browsers. Just recently I may found the possible related cause and capture the video.

The issue I am experiencing is that MX6 always switch out from top-level window after a period of time. For example, when typing words in MX6, typing will get cut out because MX6 window is not top-level window anymore (captured in video). Another example, when watching videos, using arrow in keyboard to forward or backward the video will not work because MX6 window is not top-level window.

Now I found the cause may because I am using Background slideshow, and MX6 switch out from top-level window when Background slideshow picture change.

(Same video link from YouTube if it doesn't work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6vzkgPjXQk&ab_channel=rikyxie)

As the video show, I keep pressing "a" key and keep adding "a" in google translation website. At 0:10 of video, you can see the background picture changed; Plugin section of MX6 on the top-right corner seems refreshed at the same time, disappear and come back again; Even I still keep pressing "a" key, website stopped adding "a" and typing symbol in typing area disappear at the same time, because MX6 window is not top-level window anymore. At 0:18 of video, I need to use tab + alt to make MX6 back to top even though Windows still showing it on top (or left click on any part of MX6), typing symbol in typing area will show up again and I can press "a" key to add text again.

The issue is neither related to plugins of MX6 nor anti-virus software as I already tried to disable or uninstall them all.

Here is my background setting:

Background: Slideshow

Choose albums for your slideshow: (a folder of pictures)

Change picture every: 1 minute

Shuffle: On

Choose a fit: Fit

Please use my evidence to identify this issue, since it have been annoying me for so long. Let me know if your need any other info.

On 1/6/2022 at 2:12 AM, riky said:

I made this post at other topic, just make it an independent topic to share the experience and see any other have the same issue or just me.

I have experiencing an issue with MX6 since its release and for all the versions. Almost give MX6 up because it is so annoying and don't see it got fix for any new version, and I don't find same issue on other programs or browsers. Just recently I may found the possible related cause and capture the video.

The issue I am experiencing is that MX6 always switch out from top-level window after a period of time. For example, when typing words in MX6, typing will get cut out because MX6 window is not top-level window anymore (captured in video). Another example, when watching videos, using arrow in keyboard to forward or backward the video will not work because MX6 window is not top-level window.

Now I found the cause may because I am using Background slideshow, and MX6 switch out from top-level window when Background slideshow picture change.

(Same video link from YouTube if it doesn't work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6vzkgPjXQk&ab_channel=rikyxie)

As the video show, I keep pressing "a" key and keep adding "a" in google translation website. At 0:10 of video, you can see the background picture changed; Plugin section of MX6 on the top-right corner seems refreshed at the same time, disappear and come back again; Even I still keep pressing "a" key, website stopped adding "a" and typing symbol in typing area disappear at the same time, because MX6 window is not top-level window anymore. At 0:18 of video, I need to use tab + alt to make MX6 back to top even though Windows still showing it on top (or left click on any part of MX6), typing symbol in typing area will show up again and I can press "a" key to add text again.

The issue is neither related to plugins of MX6 nor anti-virus software as I already tried to disable or uninstall them all.

Here is my background setting:

Background: Slideshow

Choose albums for your slideshow: (a folder of pictures)

Change picture every: 1 minute

Shuffle: On

Choose a fit: Fit

Please use my evidence to identify this issue, since it have been annoying me for so long. Let me know if your need any other info.

Hi riky, do you experience this issue on other websites as well or just on google translate?

14 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi riky, do you experience this issue on other websites as well or just on google translate?

All websites as long as using MX6 with Background slideshow. I was just using google translate to show case what would happen when typing.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:39 AM, riky said:

All websites as long as using MX6 with Background slideshow. I was just using google translate to show case what would happen when typing.

Hi riky, could you install the latest version V6.1.3.1100, disable all extensions and try again if you experience the same issue? If issue persist, is it possible for our team to debug this issue with you remotely via Anydesk?

AnyDesk.exe

16 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi riky, could you install the latest version V6.1.3.1100, disable all extensions and try again if you experience the same issue? If issue persist, is it possible for our team to debug this issue with you remotely via Anydesk?

AnyDesk.exe 3.04 MB · 0 downloads

The latest version and disable all extensions still experience the same issue.

Sure, PM me and let me know how and when the remote thing should work, happy to help to identify the issue.

Archived