MX6 PC Official Release 6.1.3.1000

BugSir006

Not fixed in this version either.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:56 AM, alexzhus said:

We include video on any site. We include developer tools. Find the link to the video, select it with a double click LMB. We press RMB to copy, the developer tools hang tight, only closing the browser helps.

On 12/13/2021 at 5:47 PM, alexzhus said:

On 12/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, alexzhus said:

There is also such a bug. When scrolling the page, a strip of squares jumps. Moreover, it does not appear immediately after launching the browser, but after some time (I could not catch the pattern)
The video below can be seen, you can watch it in slow motion. Filmed on the phone, as the bandicam does not pick it up. Rather, when the recording is in bandicam, this strip is not visible.

Video

When you try to take a screenshot through a site from which you can print a receipt by clicking the button, the browser is guaranteed to crash (close).

• I can't make the Maxthon window smaller than 791x125 px (the visible area) - (vivaldi goes down to 501x150 and chrome 150x1 - only the menu is visible)a minimum of 791 pixels seems too big, there are situations where I want to reduce the browser width even more to fit other apps on the side 
  • `tab rmb menu > add tab to group > submenu` :  missing space betwen `move tab to` and the group name (aka `Move tab toMyGroup` instead of `Move tab to MyGroup`) - this is an older bug
  • when activating `tab sleep`, on first activation, all tabs that were in tab groups were ungrouped

image.png

I have experiencing an issue with MX6 since its release and for all the versions. Almost give MX6 up because it is so annoying and don't see it got fix for any new version, and I don't find same issue on other programs or browsers. Just today I may found the possible related cause and capture the video.

The issue I am experiencing is that MX6 always lost focus for a period of time. For example, when typing words in MX6,  typing will get cut out because it is not focus on MX6 window anymore (captured in video). Another example, when watching videos, using arrow in keyboard to forward or backward the video will not work because it is not focus on MX6 window anymore.

Now I found the cause may because I am using Background slideshow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6vzkgPjXQk&ab_channel=rikyxie

As the video show, I keep pressing "a" key and keep adding "a" in google translation website. At 0:10, you can see the background picture changed; Plugin section of MX6 on the top-right corner seems refreshed at the same time, disappear and appear again; Even keep pressing "a" key, website stopped adding "a" and typing symbol in typing area disappear at the same time, because MX6 just lost focus. At 0:18, I need to use tab + alt to make Windows focus back to MX6 (or left click on any part of MX6), typing symbol in typing area will show up again and I can press "a" key to add text again.

Here is my background setting:

Background: Slideshow

Choose albums for your slideshow: (a folder of pictures)

Change picture every: 1 minute

Shuffle: On

Choose a fit: Fit

Please use my evidence to identify this issue, since it have been annoying me for so long. Let me know if your need any other info.

On 1/4/2022 at 4:46 PM, alexzhus said:

Not fixed in this version either.

Known bugs will be fixed as soon as possible. ?

On 1/4/2022 at 4:46 PM, alexzhus said:

When you try to take a screenshot through a site from which you can print a receipt by clicking the button, the browser is guaranteed to crash (close).

I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced it. Could you please send a video of it to me? 

21 hours ago, xxxxx said:

I can't make the Maxthon window smaller than 791x125 px (the visible area) - (vivaldi goes down to 501x150 and chrome 150x1 - only the menu is visible)a minimum of 791 pixels seems too big, there are situations where I want to reduce the browser width even more to fit other apps on the side 

Request reported. 

`tab rmb menu > add tab to group > submenu` :  missing space betwen `move tab to` and the group name (aka `Move tab toMyGroup` instead of `Move tab to MyGroup`) - this is an older bug

Issue recorded.

when activating `tab sleep`, on first activation, all tabs that were in tab groups were ungrouped

I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it. Could you please send a video of it to me? ?

16 hours ago, chmida said:

I can't drag & drop in google map, is it a bug or any setting to use it?

Hi chmida, it seems that the google map page blocked the drag & drop function. Could you please provide me with a video of this issue to help us confirm it?

4 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Привет, petol55, вы можете добавить веб-сайт в быстрый доступ, нажав значок «+» на странице новой вкладки.

snap_screen_20220110105754.png

В предыдущих версиях эта функция была встроена в меню и это было удобно.

Thank you for your continuous improvements to this fabulous browser. However, since upgrading to this latest version, my windows 10 does not recognise the upgrade and I had to use a workaround to get it to work. In the attached you will see I renamed the older version sub-directory (6.1.2.3000 to AA6.1.2.3000) to achieve this. Now, I cannot get windows to choose version 6.1.3.1000 Maxthon to associate with web links. Is there some solution like a registry setting that will make the link work? Thank you.

Maxthon Registry002.jpg

2 hours ago, icemantom said:

Thank you for your continuous improvements to this fabulous browser. However, since upgrading to this latest version, my windows 10 does not recognise the upgrade and I had to use a workaround to get it to work. In the attached you will see I renamed the older version sub-directory (6.1.2.3000 to AA6.1.2.3000) to achieve this. Now, I cannot get windows to choose version 6.1.3.1000 Maxthon to associate with web links. Is there some solution like a registry setting that will make the link work? Thank you.

Maxthon Registry002.jpg

Hi icemantom, you could back up the folder "User Data" then clean fresh install the latest version 6.1.3.1200. Copy and Paste the folder "User Data" to the installation path.

• 3 weeks later...

Salut!

1. As you can see, there were many replies about problems related to old versions updating and testing next one.
Can you create the portable utility that can fully uninstall all traces in registry and folders from previous versions of Maxthon?

2. I'm using Maxthon v6.1.3.1000 Portable on Win7x64 and there is still no seek bar on floating video window. Can you add it as it was in Maxthon v5?

3. How to temporary disable this extensions QuickNote and SnapScreen for free the RAM on slow PCs?

4. Maybe it wil be good idea to include change log or release notes .txt-file into zip-folder with installer?
For example, there was v6.1.3.1001 and there on change log page no informaion about it (I think with bug-fixes for v6.1.3.1000 that was !official release!).

5. Why Maxthon not able to merge these small pieces of audio or video from Resource Sniffer extension onto single file as it can do even command-line software? This question is about the Resource Sniffer extension exactly! (not about third party extensions in store)

6. And question to developers and to all community members:
How to save these scrolling webpages with AJAX elements with whole information on them with helping of Maxthon?
Just for example, webpages from Apple site are breaking after saving them.

Thanks to all in advance! And stay healthy!!!

11 hours ago, Alex Slvr said:

1. As you can see, there were many replies about problems related to old versions updating and testing next one.
Can you create the portable utility that can fully uninstall all traces in registry and folders from previous versions of Maxthon?

This issue will be fixed in the next version.

2. I'm using Maxthon v6.1.3.1000 Portable on Win7x64 and there is still no seek bar on floating video window. Can you add it as it was in Maxthon v5?

The pop-up window has been optimized in 6.1.3.1400, would you like to have a try? 

3. How to temporary disable this extensions QuickNote and SnapScreen for free the RAM on slow PCs?

Currently, they could not be disabled. This suggestion will be forwarded to the product team.

4. Maybe it wil be good idea to include change log or release notes .txt-file into zip-folder with installer?
For example, there was v6.1.3.1001 and there on change log page no informaion about it (I think with bug-fixes for v6.1.3.1000 that was !official release!).

Suggestion recorded. ?

5. Why Maxthon not able to merge these small pieces of audio or video from Resource Sniffer extension onto single file as it can do even command-line software? This question is about the Resource Sniffer extension exactly! (not about third party extensions in store)

Because of the copyright protection. Some websites have limitation for it.

6. And question to developers and to all community members:
How to save these scrolling webpages with AJAX elements with whole information on them with helping of Maxthon?
Just for example, webpages from Apple site are breaking after saving them.

Could you describe the issue in detail? It would be appreciated if you could provide the screenshot or video of it. Did you enable Tab sleep? You could try to uncheck it.

At first of all, thank you for support and quick answer!

1. As the supplement that there was old registry entries even after using of portable versions (mostly related to file associations, from v4 to v5 that was used before).
2. And it was excellent to find out about the optimized pop-up window in v6.1.3.1400, so waiting for this option in official release! ?

5. About the copyright protection: in my opinion it's the privilege by owners of the media content, but not must be the limitations of browser! The owners can place their video or sound with watermarks to protect multimedia (e.g. as it made by Skype) or can use a short demo on low quality (e.g. as it made by Apple Music or Spotify). Or they can not to place anything if they worry.
But nothing will prevent when somebody wants to steal protected content just by capturing screen or re-recording sound from usual browser at easy manner (or by using some wide accessible sites), isn't it?
So splitting the downloaded parts of free content would be nice. And even if the content was protected these parts may be encrypted by owner for copyright purposes, so we still can't cross their limitations.
So splitting the downloaded parts of free content would be nice. And even if the content was protected these parts may be encrypted by owner for copyright purposes, so we still can't cross their limitations.
Also, you can just add the attention note in this module with warnings for the users about their duties and copyright protection. Or you can just place the warnings onto EULA. I think this might be the right way!
At first of all, the technology of segmentation was required for traffic economy (YouTube also use it for hardware-based quality adaptation) and the unification simultaneously with evolution of mobile devices and communication capabilities.
So more and more sites will use it soon and this one of the brightest features of Maxthon browser to download multimedia sadly won't be able to work. That's about it I'm writing there!

6. About saving the webpages with AJAX elements:
Issue was to save such scrolling webpages with saving their structure and whole visible information. This webpages usually use so-called AJAX elements and the information on them is loading as we scroll the webpage. Another example is when the pictures are scrolling to left or right on webpages.
With all versions of Maxthon these webpages are saving partially.

6 hours ago, Alex Slvr said:

1. As the supplement that there was old registry entries even after using of portable versions (mostly related to file associations, from v4 to v5 that was used before).

Hi Alex Slvr, you could uninstall the previous version, then the file association will become invalid. Then you could use other tools to clear the invalid registry.

Or you can set the new file association. In Maxthon 6, to set the file association, you could go to Settings > Advanced > Open in Maxthon > Default file type.

7 hours ago, Alex Slvr said:

6. About saving the webpages with AJAX elements:
Issue was to save such scrolling webpages with saving their structure and whole visible information. This webpages usually use so-called AJAX elements and the information on them is loading as we scroll the webpage. Another example is when the pictures are scrolling to left or right on webpages.
With all versions of Maxthon these webpages are saving partially.

Sorry, currently, Maxthon doesn't support saving it. This request has been recorded. ?

• 2 weeks later...

MX6 portable 6.1.3.1001. I use Win10 x64. MX6 selected as default browser. I selected "Last session" option.

1. Open several tabs;

2. Close browser;

3. Launch any link from any place;

4. MX6 will started. "Last session" tab won't be opened. Just will opened link and "Last session" would be replaced this opened link only. Old several tabs would be moved to "Previous session".

That behaviour is wrong.

Behaviour expected: opened link will add to "Last session" without replaced old tabs.

14 hours ago, mxuser said:

MX6 portable 6.1.3.1001. I use Win10 x64. MX6 selected as default browser. I selected "Last session" option.

1. Open several tabs;

2. Close browser;

3. Launch any link from any place;

4. MX6 will started. "Last session" tab won't be opened. Just will opened link and "Last session" would be replaced this opened link only. Old several tabs would be moved to "Previous session".

That behaviour is wrong.

Behaviour expected: opened link will add to "Last session" without replaced old tabs.

Hi mxuser, this function has been optimzed in our beta version. 

Archived