×

Give a tip

MX6 mx://history constantly lag


scottchu.tw

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, scottchu.tw said:

Sometimes, I press Ctrl+H to bring up history, MX6 took long time to show things. Doesn't history list stored in local, why it takes so much time to show them, not to mention searching them.

Hi scottchu.tw, do you have alot of history records? Could you assist to record a short video for us to look into this?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi scottchu.tw, do you have alot of history records? Could you assist to record a short video for us to look into this?

I don't think it needs a video to show this situation, besides the video can't show more clues. It was fast in MX5. Now in MX6, when I open history page, it show a running circle mouse icon. And it took a long time to show items.

There's one more bug: When I type in a keyword to search, it show match links. When I click one match link to show the page. It goes to that page. Then I click back arrow to go back to history list, it won't show the previous match links, whereas it just show "recent history list" but the the keyword is still in the text box. This causes an inconsistent phenomena.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scottchu.tw said:

I don't think it needs a video to show this situation, besides the video can't show more clues. It was fast in MX5. Now in MX6, when I open history page, it show a running circle mouse icon. And it took a long time to show items.

 

Hi scottchu.tw, could you tell us an estimation of time you waited for it to load?

1 hour ago, scottchu.tw said:

There's one more bug: When I type in a keyword to search, it show match links. When I click one match link to show the page. It goes to that page. Then I click back arrow to go back to history list, it won't show the previous match links, whereas it just show "recent history list" but the the keyword is still in the text box. This causes an inconsistent phenomena.

Bug reported.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes, it shows very quick, less than 1 second, sometimes 4 seconds, and many times it took over 15 seconds. This is quite like an old problem in MX5: "When open new tab,  it connects to a strange urlpc-newtab.maxthon.com while I never register any account to Maxthon, so the new tab contents should be store in local but it just keep hanging there.".

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scottchu.tw said:

Sometimes, it shows very quick, less than 1 second, sometimes 4 seconds, and many times it took over 15 seconds. This is quite like an old problem in MX5: "When open new tab,  it connects to a strange urlpc-newtab.maxthon.com while I never register any account to Maxthon, so the new tab contents should be store in local but it just keep hanging there.".

Hi scottchu.tw @Arcan, for the selection of dates in the history page as shown in pic, do you use the calendar feature frequently?

 

lQLPDhrnhIukyerNBD3NBViwv6GUBI1c3tgBqI-9vIB0AA_1368_1085.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 4:33 PM, scottchu.tw said:

Sometimes, I press Ctrl+H to bring up history, MX6 took long time to show things. Doesn't history list stored in local, why it takes so much time to show them, not to mention searching them.

On 11/26/2021 at 7:05 AM, Arcan said:

my problem is when I search in the history, it takes too long , doesn't make sense

On 12/16/2021 at 6:31 AM, skidude1758732 said:

I find the history lookup very slow too. I have just checked November 30th and it took 47 seconds to display the result which was 223 records.

Hi skidude1758732, Arcan, scottchu.tw, could you please try this issue in this test version? 

Please delete the current local log, try this issue in this test version, and send the new log to us if you can reproduce this issue.

log.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.