MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.3.400

BugSir006

Bosco

In addition to this, there are a lot of problems and Lags !!!

Until now, they cannot scroll the favorites as in version 5 to the right through the columns !

Scrolling down is very uncomfortable and very annoying! (I'm already tired of writing to them about this, so I don't write anymore.)

The work of two versions - the 6th and 5th are different from each other like a turtle and a rabbit! )))

For fun, put a Cent Browser and compare them in terms of speed...

Unfortunately, the 5th version will remain unattainable for them!

_______ For developers:

Thnx for your work, but unfortunately, no major changes have been observed!!!

For many years I would be your devoted user, but now it is simply impossible to use this product!

Version 5 because it is already out of date, version 6 because it cannot be used!

At this rate, you still have a very, very long time to finish it!

Nevertheless, with all my heart I wish you and your entire team every success and good luck in finalizing the final product!

:crossfingers:

Hello!
1. didn't auto-update, despite "update the beta version" being ticked - not fixed
2. no icon for Maxthon in download manager - not fixed
3. default quick launch until refresh - not fixed
4. bookmarks bar now displayed on quick launch even though set to not & can't be turned off (although, while in settings, turn on displays & turn off hides & stays off if on a website, but always on in quick launch)
5. "Popup download window when downloading" should display the window at the same time as the destination prompt (so one can see what's already been downloaded), NOT after download starts... it also then takes focus, so anything else already clicked on now needs to be re-clicked - not fixed
6. if "Quick Save images by clicking while holding the Ctrl key" is enabled, then when right click (i.e. NOT holding Ctrl key) on picture & select "save image as...", saved, without prompting, to pictures folder (i.e. no download destination/name prompted).  If unticked, then right click & save image as... does nothing (i.e. no prompt & nothing saved)
7. the Command Line that loads Mx6: "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\Maxthon.exe" --mrestart --no-sandbox --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --origin-trial-disabled-features=CaptureHandle --no-sandbox --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end" has 2 lots of duplicate entries (sandbox + switches)... is that correct!?  Also, as "--no-sandbox" is still present, that means Mx6 still can't be considered safe - ideally, should auto switch on/off for Chromium/IE (you say can't be on for IE, but this mode is only rarely used (mostly for education, government & recruitment websites, which tend to be old & don't work well with Chromium))

9. still have missing program icons for downloads, so not just Mx6 icon missing.

10. You finally updated Chromium (at last!), but have created more bugs... 1 step forward, but 2 steps back!

However, your Chromium 'update' is hardly up-to-date... 95.0.4638.17, but 98.0.4714.0 is current, so this is still a joke &, obviously, can't remotely be considered as 'safe'.  If ALL other major web browsers are keeping their product up-to-date, specifically for security & features, then why can't Maxthon!?

11. after exit, upon reload, Maxthon is positioned at the bottom right of the screen with only a small upper left section visible... drag to see the rest or maximize & ok, but when next exit & reload, back to lower right of screen... I think, where I previously said, 1 step forward, but 2 steps back, I should have said 3 steps back! ?

When updating on Release 6.1.3.400, all saved passwords disappeared When the PassKeeper web version is transition to restore from the backup. It is not possible to access the website webpage at https: https: //www.uu.me/password may be temporarily unavailable or constantly moved to a new address   ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE .How can I return all saved passwords

On 11/19/2021 at 11:53 PM, Bosco said:

Hihi, may I know when will fixed the issues share screen when using google meet?  Previously have been report the problem to you.

And...will you add Windows 11 design for Maxthon?

Hi Bosco, this known bug is still being analyzed. Maxthon is available for Windows 11. ?

On 11/20/2021 at 6:20 AM, TarMaster said:

The new version is good for me, but the "Lock Tab" feature isn't perfect right now. If I lock a tab and restart the browser, the locked tab won't load. There was no such problem with previous versions. Please fix it.

Bug reported. ?

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Bosco, this known bug is still being analyzed. Maxthon is available for Windows 11. ?

Hihi, I use this since Windows 11 out. But I hope this 2 experiment flags will also available soon. Chrome and Egde are available.

image.png.cd53403c2474c5843bf55471e236454a.png

3 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

Can you make zoom number wider since there is enough space? :)

Hi Xahi4475, could you let me know the system display scale and resolution? And your browser zoom percentage?

I tried to test this issue on my end, it can display properly.

Maxthon Snap20211122142850.png

On 11/21/2021 at 12:15 AM, suphamster said:

When I hover mouse to the link on Last session in MX5 I can see a page adress in status bar but in MX6 there are nothing showing.

Issue recorded. ?

On 11/21/2021 at 1:17 AM, alex31964 said:

When updating on Release 6.1.3.400, all saved passwords disappeared When the PassKeeper web version is transition to restore from the backup. It is not possible to access the website webpage at https: https: //www.uu.me/password may be temporarily unavailable or constantly moved to a new address   ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE .How can I return all saved passwords

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you send the log files to me? You could find the log files under the folder "User Data."log files.jpg

On 11/21/2021 at 6:22 AM, thereddevilrulez said:

I have 200+ tabs open and with this version the tabs width seems to have become smaller and now difficult to select other tabs since close button appears right on it. Please increase the tab width. Also, How to turn off the close button on background tabs upon mouse hover?

Hi thereddevilrulez, could you provide me a screenshot of this issue? I tried to test this issue on my end, the width is ok.

Dingtalk_20211122152129.jpg

On 11/20/2021 at 11:02 AM, MichaelC362 said:

8. watching a video article on BBC's website, Maxthon crashed out, no errors, no messages, nothing & upon reloading, also no messages & didn't reload the previous tabs

working ok here 

On 11/20/2021 at 8:17 PM, alex31964 said:

down here too

2 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

working ok here

Only crashed out once on BBCs website, while watching a news video, so far with this release, but, obviously, shouldn't do it at all.  Have seen the same happen previously too, with earlier versions, but again, doesn't do it often

On 11/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, MichaelC362 said:

8. watching a video article on BBC's website, Maxthon crashed out, no errors, no messages, nothing & upon reloading, also no messages & didn't reload the previous tabs

Could you send the dump file of the crash issue to me? It would be appreciated if you could provide me a video of this issue.

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25031-how-to-get-your-crash-data-of-maxthon-6/

6 hours ago, alex31964 said:

Thank you for your information! You mean overwrote v6.1.3.400 on v6.1.2.3600 then the password data was lost? 

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you send the dump file of the crash issue to me? It would be appreciated if you could provide me a video of this issue.

Thank you for your information! You mean overwrote v6.1.3.400 on v6.1.2.3600 then the password data was lost? 

Passwords disappeared when updating v6.1.3.400. I thought to restore them by clicking on v6.1.2.3600, but the result was not followed, and I returned to v6.1.3.400.

22 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Xahi4475, could you let me know the system display scale and resolution? And your browser zoom percentage?

I tried to test this issue on my end, it can display properly.

OK, it's true I increased size of font and menu etc. Browser percentage is 150. So, of course if I had normal size of fonts it would be OK in Maxthon. :)

111.png

17 hours ago, BugSir006 said:
On 11/20/2021 at 8:02 AM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Since it doesn't happen often, it wouldn't be logical or desirable to create a video every time I watch a news article just on the off chance Maxthon crashes out & the video wouldn't help anyway as it'll just show what I said happened... I wasn't clicking anything, didn't press any keys or even move the mouse, Maxthon just exited. Here's the crashpad reports anyway, just in case they help.

reports.7z

Archived