MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.3400

BugSir006

17 hours ago, migel said:

"PORTABLES\INTERNET\BROWSERS\Maxthon 6\chrome_proxy.exe"  --profile-directory="Profile 1" --app-id=ocljnkogkehlojolcehlpjcldkmppldl

Are you still remembering those shortcuts created under which browser account? Try to log in to that browser account, then check the shortcuts, please.

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Are you still remembering those shortcuts created under which browser account? Try to log in to that browser account, then check the shortcuts, please.

Hi,
Yes i remember but i have deleted the folder "User Data" after i have lose pass/settings etc. Also i have backup "User data" but is old and deleted also this, after download the problematic v6.1.2.3400 portable, and now i work with the last v.6.1.2.3501 portable from beginning. I know if i have the folder "User Data" i dont have any problem... but....

The same "problem" with shortcuts i have with Maxthon 5, i mean after stop work with Maxthon 5 and work with Maxthon 6 all the shortcuts i made with MX5 no work in MX6 (to me). If i open shortcut made by MX5 open this ONLY with MX5 no with MX6 or DONT OPEN with any other browser.

I saw this "prob" exist in Chrome browser, Edge browser etc. (chromium kernel).

My question, is why do you need to code the "target location"?
This way the shortcuts created with MX5 only work on MX5, shortcuts made by MX6 work only with MX6. Shortcuts made it with Chrome with ONLY with chrome etc.

The ideal solution for me would be in the field "target" to show normally the address eg instead of "\ Maxthon 6 \ chrome_proxy.exe" --profile- directory = "Profile 1" --app-id = "TARGET" bdkadaagopomhfjppcppcdjgaccfbnlf to be "TARGET" https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

These shortcuts work in all browsers without any problems.

Finally the question I ask, is the following:
I can in any way restore the damaged shortcuts (I have a lot) which are made either with MX5 or with MX6 etc.

(That is, to somehow decode this? for example > bdkadaagopomhfjppcppcdjgaccfbnlf on this > https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php
on all the damaged shortcuts I have in all together).

PS: If i made shortcut with right click in the tab/etc. method the icon have the real .ico (photo 1) If i made with drag and drop method all icons have the MX.ico (photo 2).

PS1: {example: Real Coded <> bdkadaagopomhfjppcppcdjgaccfbnlf  <>  Real Decoded <> https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php }

Thanks for any help MX Team and BugSir006!

32.jpg

33.jpg

57 minutes ago, migel said:

If i made with drag and drop method all icons have the MX.ico (photo 2).

Hi migel, I tried to test this issue on my end. If I drag and drop the website to Desktop, it will create a shortcut automatically. It did not have the target option even if I tried to update the portable version or install the MX6. Did you do any other steps caused the shortcut created the target option?

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi migel, I tried to test this issue on my end. If I drag and drop the website to Desktop, it will create a shortcut automatically. It did not have the target option even if I tried to update the portable version or install the MX6. Did you do any other steps caused the shortcut created the target option?

Hi again BugSir006 and thanks for help me,

It's difficult for me to explain to you because I do not know English (i use Google translate).

Τhe shortcut that is made with normal way (right click in the tab and choose and to and create desktop shortcut MADE shortcut with type of file: .LNK

The shortcut that is made with drag and drop in desktop MADE shortcut with type of file: .URL

Both shortcuts have different TYPE OF FILE.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks again for any help.

1.jpg

10 hours ago, migel said:

Hi again BugSir006 and thanks for help me,

It's difficult for me to explain to you because I do not know English (i use Google translate).

Τhe shortcut that is made with normal way (right click in the tab and choose and to and create desktop shortcut MADE shortcut with type of file: .LNK

The shortcut that is made with drag and drop in desktop MADE shortcut with type of file: .URL

Both shortcuts have different TYPE OF FILE.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks again for any help.

Your shortcuts cannot work because you deleted the folder "User Data." ?

Sorry, it is not a bug...

I will forward this issue to the product team to suggest optimizing this function. Currently, the shortcuts are connected to the user account id.

On 11/5/2021 at 7:26 PM, migel said:

For some reason I do not know after the upgrade 6.1.2.3400 (portable) I lost both the passwords and the "user profile/profiles"
(in which the backup I had did not suit me due to age) I also lost (all from Desktop) many shortcuts after the destruction of my "user profile folder deleted Profile1, Profile2 etc." (I did several tests with different portable versions).

I tried to update the portable version several times; the User Data did not lose. Could you describe the operating steps that caused this issue?

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I tried to update the portable version several times; the User Data did not lose. Could you describe the operating steps that caused this issue?

You are right, you do not lose the user data folder this way.

Begin the problem: I have v6.1.2.3300 portable and all work fine, after i put the v6.1.2.3400 begin all the problems, with first i have lose the all the pass, in an attempt to restore the lost codes I tried several older versions and i'm sure the profile was corrupted by try many times from settings / Import Maxthon 5 account data from server and Merge local data and sync.

PS: In order to upgrade a portable from an old version to a new one, you must delete the 3 old files and 1 folder (chrome_proxy.exe, Maxthon.exe, debug.log and the folder 6.1.2 ...) without disturbing anything from the "USER DATA" folder, so with this method you do not lose  anything from the "USER DATA" folder.

PS1: Also I always keep a backup of the "USER FOLDER" folder but unfortunately the last backup I had was old and did not suit me .... (now I keep a backup before each upgrade :) ).

Thank you very match BugSir006 and the MX TEAM,

but for me it is the worst mistake is to encode the links to the shortcuts (not only MX but also many other browsers) for the reasons I mentioned above with the main thing that you can not open them in any other browser or even in MX5 where the shortcuts have the same logic. Also I still do not understand why the links in the shortcuts need to be coded.

2 hours ago, migel said:

but for me it is the worst mistake is to encode the links to the shortcuts (not only MX but also many other browsers) for the reasons I mentioned above with the main thing that you can not open them in any other browser or even in MX5 where the shortcuts have the same logic. Also I still do not understand why the links in the shortcuts need to be coded.

Hi migel, if you double-click on the shortcut, will it open the webpage or give you any other prompt?

3 hours ago, migel said:

without disturbing anything from the "USER DATA" folder, so with this method you do not lose  anything from the "USER DATA" folder.

Could you try to find the file under the folder "User Data?"

Path: User Data/{profile}/Extensions/{app_id}/{some_numbers}/manifest.json

The {profile} is the "-profile-directory" of that "Target".

The {app_id} is the "--app-id" of that "Target."

Hi migel, if you double-click on the shortcut, will it open the webpage or give you any other prompt?

Both shortcuts .LNK or .URL open the webpage without any prompt.

Destroyed shortcut do not open with any way in no one browser.

Could you try to find the file under the folder "User Data?"

Path: User Data/{profile}/Extensions/{app_id}/{some_numbers}/manifest.json

The {profile} is the "-profile-directory" of that "Target".

The {app_id} is the "--app-id" of that "Target."

If i have that information's before i don't delete the user folder, but no big problem i have lose many shortcuts from MX5 and now i have lose many many from MX6, is small problem but I insist that shortcuts should not be coded.

PS. I have kept the latest portable version of MX5 which works perfectly, and so I open the shortcuts that are of MX5 with MX5 and I take the link and put it in MX6 and I create a new shortcut which works in MX6 (when needed) I just now do not I have this opportunity. Does not matter, but i try to find with Undelete program the deleted "User folder" in my Hard Disk, and if I find it I can copy the contents of the old Extensions folder to the new one lest the shortcuts be corrected (although I think it is that easy).

Thanks!

Archived