MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.3300

BugSir006

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a try with new (portable, 64-bit) version. I upgraded to the new version (from 6.1.2.3100 to 6.1.2.3300). 64-bit, portable both.
The new version (6.1.2.3300) deletes saved passwords in the same way as the previous version (6.1.2.3200).
It's a waste. ? I put 6.1.2.3100 back.
I attached the log file from the new version. But I also attach a log file (MX_6.1.2.3100_20211022.log) from the previous version (6.1.2.3100). Maybe comparing the two will help solve the problem of deleting passwords.

image.thumb.png.26b9f8ec5f2c0aca36a6a9a5c6e352f7.png

20211022.log

MX_6.1.2.3100_20211022.log

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.3300 (64-bit) 1022 (installed)

1. (obviously) previous version didn't upgrade & said was up-to-date when manually checking.  Just have a Windows task that checks every 30 minutes for new versions & automatically downloads it... If "I" can check & download a new version, then so too should Maxthon!

2. after installing & starting, showed default quick launch (done this plenty of times before, but not recently) & needed to press F5 to refresh page for my shortcuts.

3. still got 'questionable' shortcuts in quick launch (e.g. facebook is: http://mini.fbunion.com/?ac=pc&channel=50100 & youtube is: http://youtube.fbunion.com/?ac=pc&channel=50100, neither of these even look safe & are clearly NOT the website the shortcut indicates)

4. during installation, Maxthon says, "Mx6 Core is Chromium latest"... since this is a complete & total lie, to make it true, why are you not doing what ALL other major browsers do & keep Chromium up-to-date!? There should be a new version of Mx6 released within a day or two of a new version of Chromium.  You can hardly call Mx6 'safe' if you're still using an old version of the core that has known & published vulnerabilities for criminals to exploit!

5. there's no program icon for Mx6 in the download manager.

20211023-Mx6-Chromium.jpg

20211023-Mx6-Quick launch.jpg

20211023-Mx6-no icon.jpg

On 10/23/2021 at 5:00 AM, TarMaster said:

I did a try with new (portable, 64-bit) version. I upgraded to the new version (from 6.1.2.3100 to 6.1.2.3300). 64-bit, portable both.
The new version (6.1.2.3300) deletes saved passwords in the same way as the previous version (6.1.2.3200).
I attached the log file from the new version. But I also attach a log file (MX_6.1.2.3100_20211022.log) from the previous version (6.1.2.3100). Maybe comparing the two will help solve the problem of deleting passwords.

Hi TarMaster, could you help to test this issue in the internal new test version? You could backup the local file then update 3100 to this test version.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-iaTzyjA5lXZKK6PrcppuzMiDEPe3N_C/view?usp=sharing

Hello!

Download manager is still leaving entries when clearing & it's still a cache issue as they're gone after exit & reload & it still won't help you to see a video of this!

Today, it removed all entries from Saturday (last day Mx6 was loaded) & 'some' of the entries from today, but still left 20+

On 10/23/2021 at 10:59 PM, nogain said:

Good work on favorites!

Only one thing: in previous versions to open a favorite in background remaining on the page you could keep pressed CTRL or SHIFT + click. In the last version only SHIFT works...

Hi nogain, this function has been optimized. You could press Ctrl then left-click on bookmarks, the bookmark folder will keep open, and the bookmark will open in the foreground page.

5 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Download manager is still leaving entries when clearing & it's still a cache issue as they're gone after exit & reload & it still won't help you to see a video of this!

Today, it removed all entries from Saturday (last day Mx6 was loaded) & 'some' of the entries from today, but still left 20+

Hi MichaelC362, could you provide me a video of this issue? I will forward the video to the engineers. 

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi TarMaster, could you help to test this issue in the internal new test version? You could backup the local file then update 3100 to this test version.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-iaTzyjA5lXZKK6PrcppuzMiDEPe3N_C/view?usp=sharing

Hello BugSir006! I "installed" (updated 3100) the linked test version and see miracle: my passwords are preserved! :)
Thank you very much! I attach the log file created after installation and run.

20211025.log

On 10/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi nogain, this function has been optimized. You could press Ctrl then left-click on bookmarks, the bookmark folder will keep open, and the bookmark will open in the foreground page.

Hi BugSir006, in previous version CTRL perfectly worked. Now (6.1.2.3300) that function only works by pressing SHIFT + left click

14 hours ago, nogain said:

Hi BugSir006, in previous version CTRL perfectly worked. Now (6.1.2.3300) that function only works by pressing SHIFT + left click

Hi nogain, this function has been changed. In the previous version, you could press Ctrl/Shift then left-click to open the bookmark in the background.

In the new version, the bookmark will be opened in the foreground page when you press Ctrl then left-click on it.

You could press Shift then left-click on it to open the bookmark in the background page.

Hello!

Still getting duplicates in download manager, which when cleared aren't, confirming once again, it's still a caching issue that's been present for many months now!

It does seem, if I leave entries from the previous day in the list, it's more common they can't be deleted or are shown twice, but I can't say this is always the case.

Clearly, there's zero point in keep asking me to send a video as: 1. I'm not going to create a new video everyday just in case it happens, 2. The video will show absolutely nothing out of the ordinary... it is simply as I say it is

20211027-Mx6-download duplicates.jpg

On 10/22/2021 at 10:26 PM, alexzhus said:

This problem remained.

01111.png

Same here.

On 10/23/2021 at 12:00 AM, TarMaster said:

image.thumb.png.26b9f8ec5f2c0aca36a6a9a5c6e352f7.png

20211022.log 54.92 kB · 2 downloads

MX_6.1.2.3100_20211022.log 130.2 kB · 0 downloads

same....

16 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Still getting duplicates in download manager, which when cleared aren't, confirming once again, it's still a caching issue that's been present for many months now!

It does seem, if I leave entries from the previous day in the list, it's more common they can't be deleted or are shown twice, but I can't say this is always the case.

Clearly, there's zero point in keep asking me to send a video as: 1. I'm not going to create a new video everyday just in case it happens, 2. The video will show absolutely nothing out of the ordinary... it is simply as I say it is

Hi MichaelC362, thank you for your reply. Did you delete the download records from the download manager? Or you just deleted the downloaded files from local?

10 hours ago, migel said:

same....

Hi migel, regarding the password issue, it has been fixed in our internal version, would you like to have a try? Please backup the local file then update 3100 to this version directly.?

mini_installer_pwd_1025.zip

8 hours ago, maccafan1 said:

Version6.1.2.3000(64-bit)1013

This is my version which has dropped the saved notes etc within surveys that I do, can this be sorted please  

Maxthon Snap20211028112337.png

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, thank you for your reply. Did you delete the download records from the download manager? Or you just deleted the downloaded files from local?

Hello!

From the download manager, I open the folder for each download & delete the old version (e.g. whatever-v1.1.exe & whatever-v1.2.exe, the older version is deleted or whatever.exe & whatever (1).exe, the older version is deleted & the new version renamed without the (1))...

Once they've all been processed, I then tell the download manager to 'Clear all records' & it's this which often fails, leaving some, which, if I exit & reload, are not present, confirming a cache issue.

So, some files no longer match the download list entry (e.g. whatever (1).exe), but others are still present (e.g. whatever-v1.2.exe).

The duplicate entries are ALWAYS from the same day, but it isn't always from today, they can appear from a previous day if I haven't yet had time to process the downloads

14 hours ago, maccafan1 said:

Got in but not sure what should look for

Marcus

Got in now but not sure what need to look for

Marcus

Hi maccafan1, do you see your saved notes under Maxnote?

image.png

15 hours ago, Hampus said:

Hey all...
why is it not possible to get the search engine Google to be chosen as the first choice instead of Google-max which always comes back as the default engine in version 3300 ...

thanks you from // Hampus

Hi Hampus, you could just go to Settings > General > Search Engine > Select Google. Alternatively, you could also click on Manage Engines to delete Google Max if you want to.

image.png

Archived