MX6 PC Beta 6.1.2.3200 & Android 6.0.1.4600 Release

BugSir006

BugSir006, the problem with the mozilla.org page remains in this version 6.1.2.3200 (64-bit) 1014
In other browsers this error does not occur.
I could see that when the error occurs the context menu is different than on other web pages.
Attached is a capture of both cases.

I add an image of an error that occurred only once trying to open the mozilla.org page.

Thanks in advance!

Mozilla.jpg

Opera.jpg

image of a one-time error in  MX6.jpg

good job on the new tab right-click menu : the dedicated section for tab groups makes it more discoverable and also make it clear that it's unrelated to the incognito mode. 

request: inside tab rmb menu > `Move tab to another window` > add an option to `move tab to splitscreen view` to move the selected tab to the splitscreen pane

On 10/16/2021 at 2:06 AM, Refix2 said:

Fixed language bugs from previous versions, but they are different :(

Thanks Refix2 for pointing this out. We will let the development team know about this.

I use Maxthon on the local guest account for x X time, after installing the latest version I have lost all saved passwords (over 300) Passkeeper is empty, why?

May I know which version were you using previously? And is it 64 bit or 32 bit?

14 hours ago, xxxxx said:

good job on the new tab right-click menu : the dedicated section for tab groups makes it more discoverable and also make it clear that it's unrelated to the incognito mode. 

request: inside tab rmb menu > `Move tab to another window` > add an option to `move tab to splitscreen view` to move the selected tab to the splitscreen pane

Request recorded :)

36 minutes ago, Zura Chelidze said:

It was not bad if at the start of the download there would be an opportunity to choose, download or open in the appropriate program.

Hi Zura Chelidze, you may uncheck the selection in Settings > General > Download Settings > Quick Download. The next time you try to download a file, you will be prompted with the selection to open, download or cancel.

image.png

My portable mx6 guest version too lost all passwords for this beta version 6.1.2.3200. Went back to 6.1.2.3100 still no use (i have not logged into online account), checked User Data\Maxthon Guest Profile folder and 'Login Data' file seemed intact. Luckily had an old backup and restored the User Data folder for 6.1.2.3100 and is ok. This is a lesson for others as well: to completely backup all MX6 folders before trying any new version.

On 10/17/2021 at 2:04 AM, TarMaster said:

I use Maxthon on the local guest account for long time, after installing the latest version (portable verison! - don't update "User Data" folder!) I have lost all saved passwords (over 250) Passkeeper is empty, why???? This was not the case with previous versions!

Hi TarMaster, may I check which version were you using previously? And was it the 64 bit or 32 bit version?

Fixed language bugs from previous versions, but they are different :(

Hi Refix2, the Polish language is still being translated, would you like to join our translation project? ?

https://crowdin.com/project/maxthon-for-pc-translation

On 10/16/2021 at 2:29 PM, jianting1107 said:

安卓版还是没有去广告插件

Sorry, the Adblock is not available for the Chinese language. Some video websites strongly against the Adblock. ?

4 hours ago, thereddevilrulez said:

My portable mx6 guest version too lost all passwords for this beta version 6.1.2.3200. Went back to 6.1.2.3100 still no use (i have not logged into online account), checked User Data\Maxthon Guest Profile folder and 'Login Data' file seemed intact. Luckily had an old backup and restored the User Data folder for 6.1.2.3100 and is ok. This is a lesson for others as well: to completely backup all MX6 folders before trying any new version.

Hi thereddevilrulez, did you copy the folder "User Data" from 3100 then paste it to 3200 directly? I tried to test this issue several times but haven't reproduced it. ?

On 10/17/2021 at 10:47 AM, Luisoff said:

BugSir006, the problem with the mozilla.org page remains in this version 6.1.2.3200 (64-bit) 1014
I could see that when the error occurs the context menu is different than on other web pages.

I add an image of an error that occurred only once trying to open the mozilla.org page.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Luisoff, could you provide me a video of this issue? You could use Bandicam to record it. ?

On 10/17/2021 at 6:25 AM, Luisoff said:

Hello BugSir006.
If possible, I would like you to include the "External Tools" icon like the one MX5 has in future versions of MX6.
I attach a screenshot for better understanding.
Thank you and have a nice day!

Suggestion recorded. ?

On 10/16/2021 at 7:05 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Odd one, wrong icons for downloaded programs in download manager... some correct, some missing, some showing user account icon!

Issue reported. ?

Here's how i update the portable version:

Main Folder at C.\MaxthonPortable ; Extract maxthon_portable_6.1.2.3200_beta_x64.zip into C while overwriting chrome_proxy.exe and Maxthon.exe; After that, delete 6.1.2.3100 folder and run Maxthon.exe without touching anything else. So when something goes really wrong (like this version loses passwords access for guest) i then exited MX6 and extracted maxthon_portable_6.1.2.3100_beta_x64.zip into C,  while overwriting chrome_proxy.exe and Maxthon.exe; After that, delete 6.1.2.3200 folder and run Maxthon.exe without touching anything else. But this time 6.1.2.3100 x64 loses access to passwords as well. So i opened an old system backup and replaced the entire folder but lost some bookmarks and about a week of history but MX 6.1.2.3100 x64 is now able to access passkeeper. Hope this is clear enough.

Also, +1 for MX5 style bookmarks scrolling.

2 hours ago, thereddevilrulez said:

Main Folder at C.\MaxthonPortable ; Extract maxthon_portable_6.1.2.3200_beta_x64.zip into C while overwriting chrome_proxy.exe and Maxthon.exe; After that, delete 6.1.2.3100 folder and run Maxthon.exe without touching anything else. So when something goes really wrong (like this version loses passwords access for guest) i then exited MX6 and extracted maxthon_portable_6.1.2.3100_beta_x64.zip into C,  while overwriting chrome_proxy.exe and Maxthon.exe; After that, delete 6.1.2.3200 folder and run Maxthon.exe without touching anything else. But this time 6.1.2.3100 x64 loses access to passwords as well. So i opened an old system backup and replaced the entire folder but lost some bookmarks and about a week of history but MX 6.1.2.3100 x64 is now able to access passkeeper. Hope this is clear enough.

Also, +1 for MX5 style bookmarks scrolling.

Have you tried installing 6.1.2.3200
Then copying user data before starting maxthon

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Refix2, the Polish language is still being translated, would you like to join our translation project? ?

https://crowdin.com/project/maxthon-for-pc-translation

I am already in this group :)

9 hours ago, BugSir009 said:
On 10/15/2021 at 8:06 PM, Refix2 said:

I use Maxthon on the local guest account for x X time, after installing the latest version I have lost all saved passwords (over 300) Passkeeper is empty, why?

May I know which version were you using previously? And is it 64 bit or 32 bit?

I used 6.1.2.3100 64bit version, it updates Maxthon systematically and never lost Passkeeper content before.

2 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Have you tried installing 6.1.2.3200
Then copying user data before starting maxthon

Am waiting for more than a year to install MX6 over the installed MX5 one but still unsatisfied and with open issues like lack of complete history transfer from MX5 etc... are giving me pause. Hence sticking to portable version and it should not really matter whether its portable or installed, for the browser to function properly.

9 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi TarMaster, may I check which version were you using previously? And was it the 64 bit or 32 bit version?

Hi! I used  the Maxthon portable 6.1.2.3100 64-bit version before and am still using it. (Unfortunately Mx 6.1.2.3200 64 bit portable lost my all passwords.)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Luisoff, could you provide me a video of this issue? You could use Bandicam to record it. ?

Hi BugSir006.
I found out what causes the error.
For some reason the page https://www.mozilla.org/es-ES/ was loaded in retro mode, when changing to ultra mode the error disappears.
I attach the video.
Thank you. ?

PS: Thanks for taking my suggestion about the "External Tools" icon. 

9 hours ago, Refix2 said:

I am already in this group :)

I used 6.1.2.3100 64bit version, it updates Maxthon systematically and never lost Passkeeper content before.

7 hours ago, TarMaster said:

Hi! I used  the Maxthon portable 6.1.2.3100 64-bit version before and am still using it. (Unfortunately Mx 6.1.2.3200 64 bit portable lost my all passwords.)

Hi @Refix2 @TarMaster, have you been using the guest account on the same computer or on different computer? Any changes in settings?

1. Under Passkeeper.... how come we can't EDIT the Auto-Saved "Addresses" and "Usernames"?
We can only edit the Passwords...

2. Bookmarks used to automatically save to a Bookmarks folder in MaxNote....  Is this ability going to exist again?  Useful to have them there also.  Or can there be at least an "import" function into MaxNote for bookmarks, as well as Text files etc.?

3. And of course, still waiting for a MIDDLE TAB BAR setting option like Maxthon Classic had (see 360Chrome if you all forgot how it works)...  Can't use Maxthon as my primary browser again till I get it.

14 hours ago, thereddevilrulez said:

Hi thereddevilrulez, thank you for your reply. ? We tried to test this issue according to your steps but haven't reproduced it. Could you provide me with a video of it? To record the video, you can use Bandicam.

P.S. If you overwrote 3100 on 3200, please find the file "Login Data_[some_numbers]_bk," rename it to "Login Data," then it can display the password data in 3100. Because the Login Data of 3200 could not be used in 3100. 

Dingtalk_20211019114757.jpg

3 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

1. Under Passkeeper.... how come we can't EDIT the Auto-Saved "Addresses" and "Usernames"?
We can only edit the Passwords...

3. And of course, still waiting for a MIDDLE TAB BAR setting option like Maxthon Classic had (see 360Chrome if you all forgot how it works)...  Can't use Maxthon as my primary browser again till I get it.

Suggestions recorded. ?

2. Bookmarks used to automatically save to a Bookmarks folder in MaxNote....  Is this ability going to exist again?  Useful to have them there also.  Or can there be at least an "import" function into MaxNote for bookmarks, as well as Text files etc.?

You could add website URL to Maxnote.

Maxthon Snap20211019143143.pngMaxthon Snap20211019143220.png

Archived