Give a tip

MX and email issues.

Atavus

Gmail
I am having issues with Gmail. I am still using MX5 (latest version) because I am so used to it.
Gmail refuses to let me log in, claiming MX is not safe and is not a supported browser.
I tried Ultra Mode, and normal one. I tried changing user agent string.
Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I even tried using MX6 but it won't even try to save gmail info. I have to manually log in everytime?

Yahoo mail
I also started having issues with Yahoo mail where everytime it autofills the password, I get a message that it is wrong.
In Passkeeper, the password is correct, so I am not sure what is going on.
I have to manually copy/paste it to successfully log in.

Edited by Atavus
Tip   Give

• Atavus changed the title to MX and email issues.
4 hours ago, Atavus said:

I am having issues with Gmail. I am still using MX5 (latest version) because I am so used to it.
Gmail refuses to let me log in, claiming MX is not safe and is not a supported browser.
I tried Ultra Mode, and normal one. I tried changing user agent string.
Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Hi Atavus, we recommend you to use the Maxthon 6 browser, or you could try to use the retro mode.

retro mode.png

I even tried using MX6 but it won't even try to save gmail info. I have to manually log in everytime?

This known issue is still being analyzed, the dev team will fix it as soon as possible.😊 And Maxthon 6 will support the save form function in the future version.

Yahoo mail
I also started having issues with Yahoo mail where everytime it autofills the password, I get a message that it is wrong.
In Passkeeper, the password is correct, so I am not sure what is going on.
I have to manually copy/paste it to successfully log in.

I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced it. Please try to check the password data and delete all wrong passwords then try this issue again.

• Thanks 1
Tip   Give

Hi BugSir,

I will wait for the gmail issue to be fixed first before I start using MX6 fully. :)
And hopefully more features I am used to also get implemented.

As for the yahoo mail problem, it happens with MX5. I have not tested it on MX6.

- One thing that happens in MX6 when I import all my passwords from MX5, is that all the names of entries are gone and are replaced by URLs.

- Another issue is that I cannot download 64bit portable version from this page. Download always fails toward the end:

Edited by Atavus
Tip   Give

15 hours ago, Atavus said:

- One thing that happens in MX6 when I import all my passwords from MX5, is that all the names of entries are gone and are replaced by URLs.

Hi Atavus, currently, Maxthon 6 Passkeeper cannot display the website name. This request has been reported to the product team.

15 hours ago, Atavus said:

- Another issue is that I cannot download 64bit portable version from this page.

Please try to download the latest version 6.1.2.3200.

Tip   Give