MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.3100

BugSir006

17 hours ago, Magdalene said:

In "Customise and Control Maxthon", 3 Dots top right hand corner. Various titles are superimposed/ overstruck.

Hi Magdalene, do you still experience this problem? Did you change the font settings in your PC?

14 hours ago, animos said:

Same issue for russian version

maxthon.jpg

Hi animos, did you change the font settings in your PC?

12 hours ago, Refix2 said:

... we read that the language version is corrected, but what? because in the Polish version, errors and shortcomings were and still are.

Brak_01.jpg

Brak_01x.jpg

Brak_02.jpg

Brak_02x.jpg

Wygląd.jpg

Hi Refix2, thanks for pointing this out. I will let the development team know about this.

53 minutes ago, caligula73 said:

mx6 lacks upload video button
!really needed!

Безымянный.png

Hi caligula73, this feature will be added in the future version.

20 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Not for me.

Settings.png

me too

maxthon1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And 

Still the zoom control with numeric keypad is not functioning

All other browsers has it including all Chromium based ones

a couple of issues with the 'new' behavior of tabs/tag groups :
image.thumb.png.43b606213a6430fc14883dbabb6d1529.png

when a tab group has many tabs, that don't fit the width of the maxthon window, tabs are displayed in an overflow list on the right side but:
- the tab group color hint disappears when there are too many tabs (the colored underline border that tells that tabs are part of the same group) 
- if the current tab is part of the overflow list, it is not highlighted, so it's difficult to see which one is active => current tab should be highlighted.
- also in the tab overflow list, there is no way to tell which tabs belong to which tab group => maybe add a colored border on the left or right side (to match the group tabs color ?)
- lastly, when a tab is in the overflow list, there is no way to activate its tab right-mouse-button menu, it seems that rmb is treated as a left click. => the tabs rmb menu should be accessible even in the overflow menu  

imo the default behavior should be scrolling tabs rather than the tabs dropdown list (addons like Tabli; Tab Groups or Tabs Outliner provide a better ux than the current implementation), and the flags `mx://flags/#scrollable-tabstrip` `mx://flags/#scrollable-tabstrip-buttons` should be available via the `settings>tabs` menu as options

PS: what I call the 'overflow menu' is the tabs dropdown list on the right from 6.1.2.2901

Hello!

Scrolling bookmarks - at last - when placing cursor to the bottom right, it scrolls one line at a time... but when placing cursor to the right of the screen, nothing happens... it should scroll one column at a time.  If you have many hundreds of bookmarks, line by line is too slow/tedious.

6.1.2.3100 beta has 2 repeatable bugs!

*On Youtube with no activity for 10-15 minutes, the focused tab freezes. Clicking on a another tab and back again makes the tab work again. 2 other browsers don't have that behavior, so it's an M6 problem, not Youtube.

*Clicking the back button causes M6 to completely close instead of stopping at the speed dial or start page.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Scrolling bookmarks - at last - when placing cursor to the bottom right, it scrolls one line at a time... but when placing cursor to the right of the screen, nothing happens... it should scroll one column at a time.  If you have many hundreds of bookmarks, line by line is too slow/tedious.

Of course to the right, as on version 5 is better! But at least the matter got off the ground. ))

10 hours ago, mings1 said:

Not able to set and keep my default search engine. Maxthon keeps changing back to Google Max, I want Duck Duck Go

Hi mings1, did you change the settings for the search engine? Go to settings > general > search engine and manage search engines if you have not added in DuckDuckGo.

image.png

Hello!

When the download location popup is displayed, the file size is listed as 0.00B.

When a folder has been selected, only then is the size correctly listed.

When the download is started, the download list is displayed, but is empty (i.e. the current, and any previous, download isn't shown), but after a while, it then does display the correct list & shows progress.

15 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi mings1, did you change the settings for the search engine? Go to settings > general > search engine and manage search engines if you have not added in DuckDuckGo.

image.png

Yes but when it saves it goes back to  Google 

18 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

When the download location popup is displayed, the file size is listed as 0.00B.

When a folder has been selected, only then is the size correctly listed.

When the download is started, the download list is displayed, but is empty (i.e. the current, and any previous, download isn't shown), but after a while, it then does display the correct list & shows progress.

227.67 kB · 0 downloads  

Hi MichaelC362, I tried downloading a test file but did not reproduce the issue. Could you provide the download link for us to test it out on our end?

9 hours ago, Reaper1 said:

Hi there,

May I expect (when approximately?) the Save form / Fill form functionality? Passwords manager is not so good as in MX5. A lot of sites are not able to auto-fill my passwords.

Hi Reaper1, currently we only support Passkeeper. May I know which sites does not auto-fill your passwords?

5 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Reaper1, currently we only support Passkeeper. May I know which sites does not auto-fill your passwords?

For example https://www.twilio.com/login - here email is entered in one screen, password on next one. But email is not filled automatically despite I have saved email/password. MX5 can fill it.

https://app.mouseflow.com/sign-in - same thing

This one https://app.orgmeter.com/login - contains 3 fields, all required, but auto-fill works only for Username and Password, but not Company.

https://www.masterpass.com.ua/Login.aspx? - in MX5 auto fill phone/password works, in MX6 does not.

Save form / Fill form in MX5 has also stored/read values in Passkeeper. Isn't it? But it stored more fields (e.g. all 3 - username, password, company).

Also, Magic Fill in MX5 allowed to not fill passwords automatically ("Manual" option). It was convenient and more secure.

20 minutes ago, Reaper1 said:

For example https://www.twilio.com/login - here email is entered in one screen, password on next one. But email is not filled automatically despite I have saved email/password. MX5 can fill it.

https://app.mouseflow.com/sign-in - same thing

This one https://app.orgmeter.com/login - contains 3 fields, all required, but auto-fill works only for Username and Password, but not Company.

https://www.masterpass.com.ua/Login.aspx? - in MX5 auto fill phone/password works, in MX6 does not.

Save form / Fill form in MX5 has also stored/read values in Passkeeper. Isn't it? But it stored more fields (e.g. all 3 - username, password, company).

Also, Magic Fill in MX5 allowed to not fill passwords automatically ("Manual" option). It was convenient and more secure.

Hi Reaper1, I will record your requests and let our product team know so they could look into optimizing the feature.

On 10/1/2021 at 4:31 AM, Refix2 said:

we read that the language version is corrected, but what? because in the Polish version, errors and shortcomings were and still are.

Hi Refix2, thank you for pointing this issue out. It will be fixed in the next version. ?

On 10/3/2021 at 1:10 AM, xxxxx said:

- the tab group color hint disappears when there are too many tabs (the colored underline border that tells that tabs are part of the same group) 
- if the current tab is part of the overflow list, it is not highlighted, so it's difficult to see which one is active => current tab should be highlighted.
- also in the tab overflow list, there is no way to tell which tabs belong to which tab group => maybe add a colored border on the left or right side (to match the group tabs color ?)
- lastly, when a tab is in the overflow list, there is no way to activate its tab right-mouse-button menu, it seems that rmb is treated as a left click. => the tabs rmb menu should be accessible even in the overflow menu  

Bugs reported. ?

On 10/4/2021 at 9:24 PM, bobad1 said:

*On Youtube with no activity for 10-15 minutes, the focused tab freezes. Clicking on a another tab and back again makes the tab work again. 2 other browsers don't have that behavior, so it's an M6 problem, not Youtube.

This issue will be fixed in the new core version. ?

On 10/4/2021 at 9:24 PM, bobad1 said:

*Clicking the back button causes M6 to completely close instead of stopping at the speed dial or start page.

I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it. Could you provide me a video of it?

Archived