[Resolved by updating] Upload images/pictures to Facebook problem post update

Recently updated to version 6.1.2.3000(64-bit)0924. Since the update, I cannot upload images to posts or in messages.

I can upload to other sits - so the problem seems to be limited to FB (and maybe specific others). I tried with and without ad-block, without difference. It seems that add-ons/extensions don't affect it at all.

I don't know if this is Maxthon related problem or FB just did some weird shit, as usual.

4 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Recently updated to version 6.1.2.3000(64-bit)0924. Since the update, I cannot upload images to posts or in messages.

I can upload to other sits - so the problem seems to be limited to FB (and maybe specific others). I tried with and without ad-block, without difference. It seems that add-ons/extensions don't affect it at all.

I don't know if this is Maxthon related problem or FB just did some weird shit, as usual.

Hi TheWhitestOfFangs, we tested this issue but are unable to reproduce the same error. Could you provide a video on this issue for us to look into it? On the same note, do you experience the same problem on other browser?

8 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi TheWhitestOfFangs, we tested this issue but are unable to reproduce the same error. Could you provide a video on this issue for us to look into it? On the same note, do you experience the same problem on other browser?

So I currently only have Maxthon and Dissenter - the issue occurred on both. It might indeed be a FB issue and not Maxthon.
On the other hand, you said that you couldn't reproduce it, so it's clearly something else.

Edit: To be clear, the Dissenter/Brave browser is "clean", as in doesn't have plug-ins/extensions and such and runs as-installed with the same defaults.

Due to privacy issues, I prefer not to record anything, but I'll try to give an example:

Here I'm using FB messenger to send a picture and then the same thing via external image-hosting site. In both cases I "uploaded" the image the same way, but as you can see, the direct image is never sent/accepted while the link (or any text) works just fine.

image.png.77ee5524c1944255c857ef08d03597f9.png

When posting an image, the "buffering" symbol just keeps running ad-infinitum and is stuck there.

1 hour ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Due to privacy issues, I prefer not to record anything, but I'll try to give an example:

Here I'm using FB messenger to send a picture and then the same thing via external image-hosting site. In both cases I "uploaded" the image the same way, but as you can see, the direct image is never sent/accepted while the link (or any text) works just fine.

image.png.77ee5524c1944255c857ef08d03597f9.png

When posting an image, the "buffering" symbol just keeps running ad-infinitum and is stuck there.

Can't you just copy/paste the image into Messenger? That's what I always do and it works just fine.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

• TheWhitestOfFangs changed the title to [Resolved by updating] Upload images/pictures to Facebook problem post update

Archived