MX6 PC Official Release 6.1.2.3000

BugSir006

Hello!

1. Obviously(!), auto/manual update check didn't work

2. In settings, appearance, show status bar, unticking just CPU usage, also removes network speeds, ram usage + IP addresses

3. I agree with others, Mx6 MUST have a different icon to Mx5 as MANY people still have both installed due to lacking features in Mx6

4. Download manager still a popup, not a window, so can't alt+tab to it

5. Bookmarks still don't scroll... the fact many people report & request this with EVERY release, maybe this should be a priority!?

6. Chromium version far too old... new versions are mostly about security fixes, which Mx6 doesn't have, so can NEVER be considered a safe browser!

7. Is DNS over HTTPS going to be implemented?  Opera + Edge already have it & Google + Mozilla say they're gonna have it too

8. Quick launch company thumbnails still not present (available from the websites themselves (e.g. amazon.co.uk, disneyplus.com, bbc.co.uk, airbnb.co.uk))

We're still not able to install Mx6 onto customer's computer's as the default browser, it's still not as good as Mx5, which we installed on 1000's of computers!

On 9/24/2021 at 10:03 PM, zork said:

You urgently need to add scrolling bookmarks in the window. When the bookmarks window is full, it is impossible to reach the bookmarks that are at the end of the list. And using the bookmark manager is inconvenient.

Зорг, заебал ты! (В шутку)

Я же не тебя дрочу, а их, чтобы дыры залатали!!! Cent браузер летает как лезвие, а этот - Тупой, бля, как валенок!!!

Там не наши разрабы сидят? ))))

On 9/25/2021 at 12:28 AM, Ldfa said:

Thanks BugSir006, but could you please tell developers to follow Chromium versions a bit more closely for security reasons and 0day fixes. Chromium 89 is dated March 12, 2021.:5884970a7da3a_1:

Hi Ldfa, the dev team will upgrade the engine as soon as possible. ?

On 9/25/2021 at 2:58 AM, UserMx5 said:

In the bookmarks, scrolling to the right was never done! Still!!!

It will be added as soon as possible, probably in the next version.

On 9/25/2021 at 2:58 AM, UserMx5 said:

Bookmarks are not fully synced! The latter are not added.

Could you try to click the Sync button? 

Maxthon Snap20210926171049.png

On 9/25/2021 at 3:03 AM, zork said:

You urgently need to add scrolling bookmarks in the window. When the bookmarks window is full, it is impossible to reach the bookmarks that are at the end of the list. And using the bookmark manager is inconvenient.

It will be added as soon as possible, probably in the next version. ?

On 9/25/2021 at 3:43 PM, jinoman said:

Why Maxthon doesn't notify about updates?

image.png.9e11fa38bcf9fae1ffe8a5d0f4d257d4.png

Sorry, the dev team hasn't pushed the update. They will push the update this week. 

On 9/25/2021 at 5:23 PM, MichaelC362 said:

1. Obviously(!), auto/manual update check didn't work

Sorry, this function only can work when the engineers push the update.

2. In settings, appearance, show status bar, unticking just CPU usage, also removes network speeds, ram usage + IP addresses

Issue recorded. ?

3. I agree with others, Mx6 MUST have a different icon to Mx5 as MANY people still have both installed due to lacking features in Mx6

4. Download manager still a popup, not a window, so can't alt+tab to it

Requests recorded.

5. Bookmarks still don't scroll... the fact many people report & request this with EVERY release, maybe this should be a priority!?

It will be fixed as soon as possible, probably in the next version.

6. Chromium version far too old... new versions are mostly about security fixes, which Mx6 doesn't have, so can NEVER be considered a safe browser!

The dev team will upgrade the engine as soon as possible.

7. Is DNS over HTTPS going to be implemented?  Opera + Edge already have it & Google + Mozilla say they're gonna have it too

Request reported. 

8. Quick launch company thumbnails still not present (available from the websites themselves (e.g. amazon.co.uk, disneyplus.com, bbc.co.uk, airbnb.co.uk))

Issue reported.

On 9/25/2021 at 5:48 PM, MichaelC362 said:

9. Still no option to see stored page zoom levels to edit/remove... yes, I know they're kept per page, but we often see customers who've set lots of different websites to lots of different zoom levels & just want them all (sometime they need/want a few kept) reset back to 100%

You mean to manage the webpage list on Settings page?

19 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

10. STILL getting items left in download manager after clearing list... it's STILL a caching issue as exit & reload & then they're gone (which they were in the first place, but still listed)

Could you provide me a video of this issue? I will forward it to the engineers for analysis. 

19 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you provide me a video of this issue? I will forward it to the engineers for analysis. 

Hello! Obviously, there's nothing to be learnt from a video as it'll only show what I've said, but, more importantly, it doesn't do it all the time, so I'm hardly going to create a new video every time I empty the list, just in case it does it!

no zoom management

You mean to manage the webpage list on Settings page?

Yes, within settings, a list of ALL webpages where zoom was applied, so one can adjust or remove as desired (be nice to have a 'reset all' option too)...

On 9/25/2021 at 5:23 PM, Mhzayer said:

me too 
Mx6 has a symbol top right corner

That's just the 'beta' indicator, which isn't there in the stable version... previously, Mx6 was a darker blue

no auto-update...

Sorry, this function only can work when the engineers push the update.

If I can download it, Maxthon should also be able to!

It doesn't need to be pushed, Maxthon just needs to regularly check to see if an update is available, then prompt/download

15 hours ago, UserMx5 said:

BugSir006

Could you try to click the Sync button? 

I click it on each version! Doesn't sync. And on version 5 in general, "History" does not work from 05.05

Hi UserMx5, the bookmarks of Maxthon 6 cannot sync with Maxthon 5. 

Currently, Maxthon doesn't plan to update the Maxthon 5?, so you can try to rename the History file then it will record the new history.

history.jpg

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi ZorMi, could you provide me the specific URL of this issue? How about other browsers?

Many sites with pictures, for example: https://www.the-sun.com/news/3739336/gabby-petito-appalachian-trail-brian-laundrie/

If you right-click a picture and select "Save as..." it's saved in .webp format.

But if you copy the image address and download, it's in original .jpg format w/o lossy conversion.

8 hours ago, ZorMi said:

Many sites with pictures, for example: https://www.the-sun.com/news/3739336/gabby-petito-appalachian-trail-brian-laundrie/

If you right-click a picture and select "Save as..." it's saved in .webp format.

But if you copy the image address and download, it's in original .jpg format w/o lossy conversion.

Yes it doesn't save it as .jpg but when downloading it was OK
But for that site all other browser save it as .webp format too 
I tried Firefox , Chrome, Opera and Vivaldi

Archived