MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.2600

BugSir006

I found an issues which is on Split Screen(F10) mode

This is before close tab

image.png.24f29cfe15afa7ed4bd298fafc84aa16.png

This is after close tab

image.thumb.png.8b5275a603f548f3b1fcc68f6f622b8e.png

Hope you guys can fixed it. Thank you!☺️

Add-on: Can you add a feature when long press Restore button and let me use mouse (middle[that roll]) click to open click without everytime click restore to restore other tab?

Sorry for broken english...?

Hello!

1. As ever, previous version didn't upgrade & reported was up-to-date when manually checking

2. The last FOUR versions, after installing & clicking 'restart', the browser opens, the quick launch can't open, all plugins crash & the page is being rapidly refreshed, so can't get developer mode for you. Only option is to close Maxthon, then is ok after reopening... although, for this version, had to do that thrice as 2nd time, quick launch still wouldn't display, but plugins didn't crash... ok on the 3rd start up!

image.thumb.png.044544a81203dad31bd608f654bb73ba.png

7 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

1. As ever, previous version didn't upgrade & reported was up-to-date when manually checking

Auto update has NEVER worked for beta releases, and never will. The only way to update MX6 betas is to come to the forum, see if there is a new version available, then download it and install it. 

On 8/28/2021 at 11:41 AM, Bosco said:

I found an issues which is on Split Screen(F10) mode

This is before close tab

image.png.24f29cfe15afa7ed4bd298fafc84aa16.png

This is after close tab

image.thumb.png.8b5275a603f548f3b1fcc68f6f622b8e.png

Hi Bosco, I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it.? Could you provide me a video of it? 

On 8/28/2021 at 11:41 AM, Bosco said:

Add-on: Can you add a feature when long press Restore button and let me use mouse (middle[that roll]) click to open click without everytime click restore to restore other tab?

Request reported. ?

24 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Bosco, I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it.? Could you provide me a video of it? 

Request reported. ?

Split Windows when remove the tab, right side tab will disappear showing the tab but actually can click it.

And Split Windows cannot drag tab to another side.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, MichaelC362 said:

2. The last FOUR versions, after installing & clicking 'restart', the browser opens, the quick launch can't open, all plugins crash & the page is being rapidly refreshed, so can't get developer mode for you. Only option is to close Maxthon, then is ok after reopening... although, for this version, had to do that thrice as 2nd time, quick launch still wouldn't display, but plugins didn't crash... ok on the 3rd start up!

image.thumb.png.044544a81203dad31bd608f654bb73ba.png

Hi MichaelC362, Could you do me a favor install the attached test version to check this issue again?

test0830.exe

I have a question .... does Maxthon 6 officially support Windows 7? I couldn't find any information about officially supported Windows versions on the main website. I'm asking because there are still significant problems with running Maxthon 6 on Windows 7, especially in non-Aero modes and I'm not sure whether to bother reporting the bugs or not, especially since I already did so a few months ago and they were never fixed.

15 hours ago, Perplexer said:

I have a question .... does Maxthon 6 officially support Windows 7? I couldn't find any information about officially supported Windows versions on the main website. I'm asking because there are still significant problems with running Maxthon 6 on Windows 7, especially in non-Aero modes and I'm not sure whether to bother reporting the bugs or not, especially since I already did so a few months ago and they were never fixed.

Hi Perplexer, yes MX6 supports Windows 7. Could you let us know what problems did you encounter? It would be good if you could provide us with screenshots or videos so we could look into it.

Like I said, there seems to be a compatibility issue with Windows 7 non-Aero themes, for example "Windows Classic" or "Windows 7 Basic" theme. With Windows 7 Aero theme selected, these problem don't appear.

Two problems that I remember from the top of my head:

1. "Snap Screen" behaves strangely in non-Aero theme. You can reproduce this if you rezize Maxthon 6 window to 50% for example, so that you can see your desktop icons. Then click on "Snap Screen" and you will see that the taskbar at the bottom of the screen as well as your background and icons will change colors and lose Icon text. Ok, this isn't such a big problem since the "Snap Screen" function seems to work correctly within the borders of Maxthon, but I mention it anyway because if you wanted to snap a part of your background icons, you can't. With Aero theme this problem disappears.

2. When using non-Aero theme, there is some sort of a lag or interference between video playback (YouTube) and mouse gestures overlay. You can reproduce it by playing a video on YouTube and then clicking and holding right mouse button and moving it around to draw the green mouse trail. You will notice the video sound gets interrupted and sometimes even the video stops playing and a sircle starts spinning for a few seconds. With Aero theme this problem disappears.

20 hours ago, Perplexer said:

1. "Snap Screen" behaves strangely in non-Aero theme. You can reproduce this if you rezize Maxthon 6 window to 50% for example, so that you can see your desktop icons. Then click on "Snap Screen" and you will see that the taskbar at the bottom of the screen as well as your background and icons will change colors and lose Icon text. Ok, this isn't such a big problem since the "Snap Screen" function seems to work correctly within the borders of Maxthon, but I mention it anyway because if you wanted to snap a part of your background icons, you can't. With Aero theme this problem disappears.

Hi Perplexer, bug reported.

20 hours ago, Perplexer said:

2. When using non-Aero theme, there is some sort of a lag or interference between video playback (YouTube) and mouse gestures overlay. You can reproduce it by playing a video on YouTube and then clicking and holding right mouse button and moving it around to draw the green mouse trail. You will notice the video sound gets interrupted and sometimes even the video stops playing and a sircle starts spinning for a few seconds. With Aero theme this problem disappears.

We are unable to reproduce this on our end. Could you provide us with a video on this?

11 hours ago, TarMaster said:

I found a bug: when I go to the Spotify web page, whatever music I choose, the music goes silent after 9 seconds! (Maxthon v6.1.2.2600 - portable)
I tried other browsers (Chorme, Edge) - they worked perfectly.

Hi TarMaster, this bug has been reported. The development team is looking into it.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:23 PM, rick.lane said:

Auto update has NEVER worked for beta releases, and never will. The only way to update MX6 betas is to come to the forum, see if there is a new version available, then download it and install it. 

Then they probably shouldn't have a setting that says it does...

image.thumb.png.2a19a056f02bb433e356df12cd640d15.png

Archived