MX6 PC Beta 6.1.2.2401 & Android 6.0.1.3000 Release

BugSir006

All versions

Not Found

The requested URL /mx6/maxthon_6.1.2.2400_beta_x64.exe was not found on this server.

The requested URL /mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.2400_beta_x64.zip was not found on this server.

The requested URL /mx6/maxthon_6.1.2.2400_beta_x86.exe was not found on this server.

The requested URL /mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.2400_beta_x86.zip was not found on this server.

6 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

All versions

Not Found

The requested URL /mx6/maxthon_6.1.2.2400_beta_x64.exe was not found on this server.

The requested URL /mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.2400_beta_x64.zip was not found on this server.

The requested URL /mx6/maxthon_6.1.2.2400_beta_x86.exe was not found on this server.

The requested URL /mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.2400_beta_x86.zip was not found on this server.

It has been fixed, please try again. ?

The problem of previous versions has not been fixed.

Version 6.1.2.2400 (64-bit) 0813 (installed). Windows 7 (64-bit).

After starting in 10-15 seconds, the browser freezes for the same 10-15 seconds. The scroll stops working, nothing can be pressed (bookmarks, settings, etc.) After the freeze is over, then everything works well. Observed since version 6.1.2.1900. On version 6.1.2.1801, everything works without freezes.

48 minutes ago, alexzhus said:

The problem of previous versions has not been fixed.

Version 6.1.2.2400 (64-bit) 0813 (installed). Windows 7 (64-bit).

After starting in 10-15 seconds, the browser freezes for the same 10-15 seconds. The scroll stops working, nothing can be pressed (bookmarks, settings, etc.) After the freeze is over, then everything works well. Observed since version 6.1.2.1900. On version 6.1.2.1801, everything works without freezes.

Sorry alexzhus, engineers will update the browser kernel to fix this issue.

Hello!

1. Version 6.1.2.2300 (64-bit) 0806 (installed) - didn't auto/manual update, as ever

2. Version 6.1.2.2400 (64-bit) 0813 (installed) - for first time ever, it prompted to restart... but then couldn't display the quick launch & just errors repeating down right hand side, using high CPU & page was flickering (implying constantly reloading).  Exit & reload & ok after.

3. "+ Added the option to upload the new tab background image"... not seeing anything different in tab options

4. When checking the Mx6 version (Version 6.1.2.2400 (64-bit) 0813), it doesn't say whether or not it's beta (or stable)

image.thumb.png.a0c67e0eda697004d2bb1ab51281374f.png

was there a change in the hitzone for `close tab` buttons ? 
when the tabs are at minimum size, it is more difficult to activate a tab than before and it often triggers the close button instead (before this version even with a lot of tabs, I never had the issue of closing a tab when I wanted to activate it, but it happened multiple times with this version, very annoying. I need to make sure to click more of the left side of a tab now - it seems that the close button hitbox now takes up a bit more than 50% of the tab's width and is triggered a lot more easily than before, which is a major annoyance imo).

also I still think the sub menu for `tab groups` deserves more space and visibility (especially when compared to 'move tab to incognito windows'... imo tab groups are much more important in daily use and need to be more accessible)

issue with split view, when there are a lot of tabs/tab groups : 

. on top : the normal single view, with multiple tabs/tab groups opened, on the whole width (working fine): 
image.thumb.png.f8b8805aa2fc0c9e94a6834ea2ab865f.png

- at the bottom: once the split view is activated, the tabs/tab groups are still visible on the second pane (see parts highlighted in red) : We should not see the blue, yellow, purple tab groups from the first pane... also this makes it improssible to move a tab from 1st pane to 2nd pane via drag n drop. 

related feature requests for split views/dual panes :
- I would love an horizontal split view (vivaldi has vertical and horizontal split views), useful for spreadsheets, tables, databases.
- I would like a GUI option to 'move tabs to first|second pane' (on the tab menu when right clicking a tab + on a page contextual menu)
- automatically move the current tab to the split view when we activate F10 (instead of displying a new tab).

• BugSir006 changed the title to MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.2401
On 8/14/2021 at 3:39 PM, MichaelC362 said:

2. Version 6.1.2.2400 (64-bit) 0813 (installed) - for first time ever, it prompted to restart... but then couldn't display the quick launch & just errors repeating down right hand side, using high CPU & page was flickering (implying constantly reloading).  Exit & reload & ok after.

Hi MichaelC362, please try to install the latest version 6.1.2.2401 then try this issue again.

3. "+ Added the option to upload the new tab background image"... not seeing anything different in tab options

Maxthon Snap20210816181706.pngMaxthon Snap20210816181631.png

4. When checking the Mx6 version (Version 6.1.2.2400 (64-bit) 0813), it doesn't say whether or not it's beta (or stable)

Suggestion recorded. 

On 8/14/2021 at 10:20 PM, xxxxx said:

was there a change in the hitzone for `close tab` buttons ? 
when the tabs are at minimum size, it is more difficult to activate a tab than before and it often triggers the close button instead (before this version even with a lot of tabs, I never had the issue of closing a tab when I wanted to activate it, but it happened multiple times with this version, very annoying. I need to make sure to click more of the left side of a tab now - it seems that the close button hitbox now takes up a bit more than 50% of the tab's width and is triggered a lot more easily than before, which is a major annoyance imo).

This known bug will be fixed as soon as possible.

On 8/14/2021 at 10:20 PM, xxxxx said:

also I still think the sub menu for `tab groups` deserves more space and visibility (especially when compared to 'move tab to incognito windows'... imo tab groups are much more important in daily use and need to be more accessible)

Suggestion recorded. ?

On 8/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, Bosco said:

Hihi, I wanna ask is it this browser does not support "Google Meet Present Screen"? Cause I can't share the screen. is anybody also having same problem? i open on Microsoft Edge it does not have this issues. ?

Bug reported. ?

On 8/15/2021 at 1:20 AM, xxxxx said:

issue with split view, when there are a lot of tabs/tab groups : 

. on top : the normal single view, with multiple tabs/tab groups opened, on the whole width (working fine): 
image.thumb.png.f8b8805aa2fc0c9e94a6834ea2ab865f.png

- at the bottom: once the split view is activated, the tabs/tab groups are still visible on the second pane (see parts highlighted in red) : We should not see the blue, yellow, purple tab groups from the first pane... also this makes it improssible to move a tab from 1st pane to 2nd pane via drag n drop. 

Bug reported. 

- I would love an horizontal split view (vivaldi has vertical and horizontal split views), useful for spreadsheets, tables, databases.
- I would like a GUI option to 'move tabs to first|second pane' (on the tab menu when right clicking a tab + on a page contextual menu)

Suggestions recorded.

- automatically move the current tab to the split view when we activate F10 (instead of displying a new tab).

You could customize the shortcut in Settings > Mouse Gesture > Shortcut Management?

Dingtalk_20210816204123.jpg

Hello!

Tried Version 6.1.2.2401 (64-bit) 0816 (installed), does exactly the same as previous: after install & clicking "Now" to restart...

Can't display quick launch, plugins crash, can't click anything in Maxthon, just says "Not responding". Exit & reload & ok, same as previous version.

Obviously, the auto-update didn't work, but since it's never worked, that's a given!

Can I ask, what's does the "update" program actually do!? Since it doesn't do the updates, why is it included at all? Surely better to wait until it works before including it?

image.thumb.png.d9b8799b1ab5080f5fbd715cde7faea0.png

• BugSir006 changed the title to MX6 PC Beta 6.1.2.2401 & Android 6.0.1.3000 Release
5 hours ago, Bosco said:

Hi Bosco, thank you for your reply.? Could you compress the folder Crashpad and send it to me?

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25031-how-to-get-your-crash-data-of-maxthon-6/

On 8/17/2021 at 2:26 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Can't display quick launch, plugins crash, can't click anything in Maxthon, just says "Not responding". Exit & reload & ok, same as previous version.

Hi MichaelC362, could you send the dmp file to me?

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25031-how-to-get-your-crash-data-of-maxthon-6/

2 hours ago, ZorMi said:

> Maxthon Browser V6.0.1.3000
> ...
> - Fixed the issue that the drop-down menu could not pop up

As I can see, Maxthon V6.0.1.2000 for Android had this fixed, now in V6.0.1.3000 drop-down menus do not work again.

Hi ZorMi, try to restart the browser then check this issue again, please. ?

15 hours ago, Bosco said:

but when I open the file directory... there are empty folder?

Hi Bosco, if this issue happens again, please open the developer tools (F12), click Console, capture a screenshot then send it to me. ?

I will forward the error report to the dev team for analysis.

Dingtalk_20210819103626.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

>> - Fixed the issue that the drop-down menu could not pop up

> As I can see, Maxthon V6.0.1.2000 for Android had this fixed, now in V6.0.1.3000 drop-down menus do not work again.

>Hi ZorMi, try to restart the browser then check this issue again, please. ?

Nope, not working anymore.

To go back to v6.0.1.2000 I must uninstall first ? then rebuild the quick access screen and settings.

Archived