Trouble signing in to Google with Maxthon 5.3.8.2100

Hello everyone.

I've been using Maxthon 5 for almost 3 years now and never had a problem until now. Since yesterday I'm completely unable to sign in to my Google account using Maxthon 5. I get the infamous text: "This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more - Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in."

Now, the PC runs with Windows XP and that's why I can't update to Maxthon 6. Of course I had to switch to a different web browser, but I was just wondering if maybe there's a way to fix it, a workaround of some sort, maybe someone went through a similar experience. I tried a couple of things that I found online but didn't work. I know it's weird to use Windows XP in 2021. Thanks to whoever might help with this case.

11 hours ago, cristiankirk said:

Hello everyone.

I've been using Maxthon 5 for almost 3 years now and never had a problem until now. Since yesterday I'm completely unable to sign in to my Google account using Maxthon 5. I get the infamous text: "This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more - Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in."

Now, the PC runs with Windows XP and that's why I can't update to Maxthon 6. Of course I had to switch to a different web browser, but I was just wondering if maybe there's a way to fix it, a workaround of some sort, maybe someone went through a similar experience. I tried a couple of things that I found online but didn't work. I know it's weird to use Windows XP in 2021. Thanks to whoever might help with this case.

Hi cristiankirk, kindly switch to retro mode in the MX5 browser to proceed with logging in. Click on "Customize UI" icon on the top right corner, select "Toolbar" and checked "Switch Core Button". Afterwhich, make sure your address bar reflects that you are in Retro Mode and you are good to go.

image.png

image.png

20 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Yes, this is one of the things I tried. I tested literally every single UA and the problem persists.

13 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi cristiankirk, kindly switch to retro mode in the MX5 browser to proceed with logging in. Click on "Customize UI" icon on the top right corner, select "Toolbar" and checked "Switch Core Button". Afterwhich, make sure your address bar reflects that you are in Retro Mode and you are good to go.

image.png

Was really hopeful about this, but sadly it still doesn't work.

Thanks a lot for both suggestions.

asd.JPG

14 hours ago, cristiankirk said:

I tested literally every single UA and the problem persists.

Try to replace your user agent with the proposed and relevant one, BUT-delete the letter "h" in the word Maxthon. For some reason, Google does not " digest " the word " Maxthon" .

On 7/31/2021 at 4:37 AM, Sergey_K said:

Try to replace your user agent with the proposed and relevant one, BUT-delete the letter "h" in the word Maxthon. For some reason, Google does not " digest " the word " Maxthon" .

Sadly, this didn't work. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

On 8/3/2021 at 11:40 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi cristiankirk, not sure if it's possible but we would like to suggest that you upgrade your windows to 7/8/10 and try installing MX6 to give it a try :)

This is the most logical step.

Thanks a lot to everyone for taking your time and trying to help.

Archived