Tab freezing and startup behaviour v2100

1.Mx6 all versions used so far seem to freeze up the current tab if the PC is left unused for a length of time. When I come back to continue browsing the tab page is totally unresponsive and mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts are inoperative. I have to click to open a new tab to unfreeze the tab.

2. My Startup page is last session. Sometimes, often even, this startup does not happen. It starts instead with a new tab which is sometimes frozen as in 1. above.

3. The previous session never seems to be complete with only a few links showing  not the complete list. I liked the Mx5 previous session better as this seemed to add incrementally all the previous sessions instead of having to dig into earlier sessions or History.

9 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

1.Mx6 all versions used so far seem to freeze up the current tab if the PC is left unused for a length of time. When I come back to continue browsing the tab page is totally unresponsive and mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts are inoperative. I have to click to open a new tab to unfreeze the tab.

Hi skidude1758732, may I know approximately how long did you leave the PC unused? And which website were you at when you encounter the issue?

2. My Startup page is last session. Sometimes, often even, this startup does not happen. It starts instead with a new tab which is sometimes frozen as in 1. above.

Our product logic is that if the user chooses the last session as the startup page, but the user does not have the opened page when exiting the browser, the browser will open the new tab as the startup page. Does your situation coincide with this? Else could you provide us with a video so we could look into it?

3. The previous session never seems to be complete with only a few links showing  not the complete list. I liked the Mx5 previous session better as this seemed to add incrementally all the previous sessions instead of having to dig into earlier sessions or History.

Request recorded :)

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi skidude1758732, may I know approximately how long did you leave the PC unused? And which website were you at when you encounter the issue?

Difficult to be precise but I estimate 1,2 or 3 hours but not a short time of 10 or 15 minutes.

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi skidude1758732,

Our product logic is that if the user chooses the last session as the startup page, but the user does not have the opened page when exiting the browser, the browser will open the new tab as the startup page. Does your situation coincide with this? Else could you provide us with a video so we could look into it?

This seems to be a change from Mx5. I will observe exactly what is going on. 

As far as video recording is concerned I have the Game Bar disabled so cannot use this for recording. What suggestions do you have for an alternative video recorder please.

15 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

Same here. After 30 minutes (not sure) the page freezes and MX6 needs to click over another tab to back normal. I will try without any other tab (just one tab in any site) and verify the time MX6 freezes approximately. But it is happening before 2100 release.

32 minutes ago, gazumba said:

Same here. After 30 minutes (not sure) the page freezes and MX6 needs to click over another tab to back normal. I will try without any other tab (just one tab in any site) and verify the time MX6 freezes approximately. But it is happening before 2100 release.

After 33 minutes and just one tab MX6 runs fine. I will try more time asap.

23 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

Today Mx started up with previous session tab showing but frozen, with shortcuts not operative. Earlier session was frozen too but History responded and this unlocked the browser.

14 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

Difficult to be precise but I estimate 1,2 or 3 hours but not a short time of 10 or 15 minutes.

Hi skidude1758732, we will test it out on our end again.

14 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

What suggestions do you have for an alternative video recorder please.

Maybe you could try Bandicam?

11 hours ago, gazumba said:

After 33 minutes and just one tab MX6 runs fine. I will try more time asap.

Hi gazumba, appreciate your assistance to try it out. We will do the testing on our end as well. Do keep us updated if you encounter the same issue again after a period of time or with more tabs.

4 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

Today Mx started up with previous session tab showing but frozen, with shortcuts not operative. Earlier session was frozen too but History responded and this unlocked the browser.

Hi skidude1758732, did this happen with a long list of previous session or just a few? So this happened right on startup and not after you left the screen unused?

17 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi skidude1758732, did this happen with a long list of previous session or just a few? So this happened right on startup and not after you left the screen unused?

There were three entries in last session on this occasion. This was on startup of Mx. The freezing seems to occur this way as well as after leaving pc unused for an hour or two. 

7 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

There were three entries in last session on this occasion. This was on startup of Mx. The freezing seems to occur this way as well as after leaving pc unused for an hour or two. 

Hi skidude1758732, we could only reproduce the issue of tab freeze upon startup and has flagged this out to the development team. We have tried leaving our PC for a couple of hours and tried it out a few times on and off but couldn't reproduce the same issue. Would appreciate if you could send us a video on tab freezing after leaving the PC unused for awhile so we could forward to the development team.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:19 PM, skidude1758732 said:

This happened again this morning after booting my PC. 

I will concur with others. In my case, it was rare 1-2 times in 30 days. It is typically exaggerated with having multiple windows and tabs left open. I think it is about memory and GPU related issues. Additionally, page loads had deteriorated for me - very unhappy. 

In my case, I am running Version 6.1.2.2200 (64-bit) 0730. I have some extensions running. I will try running without them and see if this happens to me. Like I said, this is not that frequent for me. 

In regards to extensions, I believe there must be some memory optimization for this extensions right?

14 hours ago, Alpha07 said:

In my case, I am running Version 6.1.2.2200 (64-bit) 0730. I have some extensions running. I will try running without them and see if this happens to me. Like I said, this is not that frequent for me. 

In regards to extensions, I believe there must be some memory optimization for this extensions right?

Hi Alpha07, may I know the extensions did you use? 

19 hours ago, Alpha07 said:

https://www.nikse.dk/subtitleedit/online#

Thanks.

23 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi gazumba, could you provide us the specific URL of this issue?

Hi,

https://www.nikse.dk/subtitleedit/online#

Thanks

13 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi @gazumba @Alpha07 just to check, did you activate the status bar? And did you encounter this same problem in version 6.1.2.1900?

Yes, status bar is active. Don't remember version but encountering this for around 3 weeks or so. I update to newer versions in hours. I am gonna try disabling status bar and see. 

On 8/3/2021 at 7:47 PM, gazumba said:

On 8/4/2021 at 7:07 AM, Alpha07 said:

Adblock, Dark Reader, Imagus, Enhanced Image Viewer, LastPass, SnapScreen, Video Speed Controller, Weava Highlighter

Could you help us to try this issue in the test version?

On 7/29/2021 at 3:27 AM, BugSir009 said:

No just a few 2 or 3.

I am trying v2200 and freezing continues at startup  and after leaving idle for about an hour. You were asking about extensions and  I am only running adblock at the moment with these betas.

Another startup issue is the login popup which is now enabled but it does not have focus on the password line I have to Tag once to enable typing in the password.

11 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

No just a few 2 or 3.

I am trying v2200 and freezing continues at startup  and after leaving idle for about an hour. You were asking about extensions and  I am only running adblock at the moment with these betas.

Another startup issue is the login popup which is now enabled but it does not have focus on the password line I have to Tag once to enable typing in the password.

Hi skidude1758732, could you let me know the power & sleep settings of your device?

sleep.jpg

Archived