Desktop Shortcut Key deleted every boot

Using Windows 10 and beta 6.1.2.1900. I have a shortcut on the desktop to access M6 with a shortcut key CTRL + ALT + 6. Every time I reboot the shortcut key is deleted and in the Comment Access Internet is added. 

This is a bit annoying. I have got round it by linking to the exe via two shortcuts both of which are read only but this needs fixing.

On 7/17/2021 at 6:57 AM, skidude1758732 said:

Using Windows 10 and beta 6.1.2.1900. I have a shortcut on the desktop to access M6 with a shortcut key CTRL + ALT + 6. Every time I reboot the shortcut key is deleted and in the Comment Access Internet is added. 

This is a bit annoying. I have got round it by linking to the exe via two shortcuts both of which are read only but this needs fixing.

Hi skidude1758732, could you send us a video on this issue?

On 7/17/2021 at 6:57 AM, skidude1758732 said:

Hi skidude1758732, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We will be reporting this bug to the development team for them to look into it. :)

Just installed v2100 and find that this bug is not fixed. These are the actions I take:

1. Copy(Ctrl + C) Maxthon.exe in install folder

2. Right click and Paste shortcut onto desktop

3. Enter in desktop shortcut properties 6 in the Shortcut Key Field

4. Use Alt Gr + 6 to  open Maxthon successfully 

5. The shortcut then shows as removed in shortcut properties but is remembered by Windows until I reboot when it no longer works. 

Hope it can be fixed soon, in the meantime my workaround, see above,  does the job.

18 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

Just installed v2100 and find that this bug is not fixed. These are the actions I take:

1. Copy(Ctrl + C) Maxthon.exe in install folder

2. Right click and Paste shortcut onto desktop

3. Enter in desktop shortcut properties 6 in the Shortcut Key Field

4. Use Alt Gr + 6 to  open Maxthon successfully 

5. The shortcut then shows as removed in shortcut properties but is remembered by Windows until I reboot when it no longer works. 

Hope it can be fixed soon, in the meantime my workaround, see above,  does the job.

Hi skidude1758732, thanks for your suggestion. The development team was already informed of this bug and will rectify it in the following version.

Archived