×

Give a tip

MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.1900


BugSir006
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello. When ever i open MX6 2 tabs open: the mx://welcome/ tab and the selected tab from the settings. Is there a way to turn off the Welcome tab? Its annoying for me to have 2 tabs open every time. If there's a setting to turn it off, thanks for helping me!
pozz.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi thereddevilrulez, currently, it only could import the history data from the MX5 guest account. 😊

Hi BugSir006, My MX5 has always been an installed local guest account and testing with portable MX6 64-bit on Windows 10.

Edited by thereddevilrulez
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, una00 said:

Hello. When ever i open MX6 2 tabs open: the mx://welcome/ tab and the selected tab from the settings. Is there a way to turn off the Welcome tab? Its annoying for me to have 2 tabs open every time. If there's a setting to turn it off, thanks for helping me!
pozz.

Hi una00, you could go to Settings > General > On Startup to select other options to be displayed upon startup of the browser.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

Re. missing 'Customize UI' icon...

I had theme set to 'Classic' as 'Light' & 'Dark' don't look as nice, but in Classic, there's no UI icon... surely the icon should be displayed whatever theme is in use!?

Are you going to have options for curved or rounded edges on the tabs?  Square edge just looks a bit too basic.

The download manager often, but not always, pops up after a download has started... it would be better for that to happen when a download is initiated so one can see what's already been downloaded, to prevent accidental downloading of the same item.  Plus, it would be good to have an option for the window to be pinned, so it stays on top.

I see the MUCH requested 'open', to download to temp folder & open a file has been removed... I assume that was a mistake & it'll be coming back in the next version!?

It does seem that Mx6 development is going backwards, so it's actually getting worse with each new release... currently, despite releasing 'stable' in December last year, it's still nowhere near good enough to install onto customer's computers as all we'd be getting are complaints about things not working! Mx5 was excellent for over 5 years & easily the best browser (despite removing the built-in ad-blocker, which made no sense (unless Opera 'paid' you to do so?)).

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 3:23 PM, MichaelC362 said:

2. When installing Version 6.1.2.1900 (64-bit) 0709 (installed), it didn't shut Version 6.1.2.1801 (64-bit) 0703 (installed) & after installing, I had 2 copies of Mx6, BOTH the previous version, until I exited both & reloaded.

Hi MichaelC362, could you let me know your system language? I tried to test this issue many times under the different system languages but haven't reproduced it. In a normal situation, it should pop up a window to let you restart the browser.

Dingtalk_20210713160423.jpg

Tip   Give
H2O        6v   2021-07-14 02:04:30
H2O        6v   2021-07-14 02:04:54
Total Tips 12v  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, thereddevilrulez said:

Hi BugSir006, My MX5 has always been an installed local guest account and testing with portable MX6 64-bit on Windows 10.

Hi thereddevilrulez, I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it. Could you provide me a video of this issue? All of the history data failed to import, or part of the data failed to import?

Tip   Give
H2O        6v   2021-07-14 02:05:29
Total Tips 6v  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Xahi4475 said:

BugSir006, so it's issue? I thought it's feature. In meantime I unticked "Quick download" and now I can see pop up menu but I prefer quick download with pop up menu (like in Edge).

So Maxthon says quick downloand and no pop up menu. Would be nice to add option no pop up menu or not. Still not big deal.

OK, thanks for your help. I unticked "Quick download". Now it's similar to Maxthon 5, only difference is no Downloads window but Downloads pop up menu.

Thank you for your reply. Bug reported. 😊

16 hours ago, bobad1 said:

I think 6.1.2.1900 still has a memory leak. When I stay inactive on a screen 15-20 minutes, Mx6 freezes.

Using Windows 10 X64

Issue recorded. 😊

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

I had theme set to 'Classic' as 'Light' & 'Dark' don't look as nice, but in Classic, there's no UI icon... surely the icon should be displayed whatever theme is in use!?

Under the Classic, it has the custom button for enabling status bar. Attached a video for you.

4 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

The download manager often, but not always, pops up after a download has started... it would be better for that to happen when a download is initiated so one can see what's already been downloaded, to prevent accidental downloading of the same item.  Plus, it would be good to have an option for the window to be pinned, so it stays on top.

I see the MUCH requested 'open', to download to temp folder & open a file has been removed... I assume that was a mistake & it'll be coming back in the next version!?

It could pop up the download manager window when the download was beginning. And you could click Open to open the file directly, the downloaded file could be deleted automatically. Attached a video for you.

 

Tip   Give
H2O        6v   2021-07-13 15:40:26
Total Tips 6v  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My browser just crashed unexpectedly. I have 5 tabs opened: YouTube with video popup, 2 Gmail, Passkeeper, and our SSS Website

I was browsing on the SSS Website then closed it. I browsed my Passkeeper next then it suddenly crashed after a few seconds.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you let me know your system language? I tried to test this issue many times under the different system languages but haven't reproduced it. In a normal situation, it should pop up a window to let you restart the browser.

Dingtalk_20210713160423.jpg

Hello!

UK English.

Mx6 has ALWAYS done this, since day 1... there has NEVER been a time when that message was displayed & I've previously installed every beta copy released.

However, I don't really see how the system language could be a factor as, logically, it shouldn't matter or be in any way related!?

19 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Under the Classic, it has the custom button for enabling status bar. Attached a video for you.

It could pop up the download manager window when the download was beginning. And you could click Open to open the file directly, the downloaded file could be deleted automatically. Attached a video for you.

 

Hello!

1. For me, 'Classic' theme has an orange title bar & no UI icon, so your video doesn't match what I'm seeing here.

2. For me, the download browse window isn't always displayed, so I assume that's file type specific?  If I try to download your video here, it IS displayed & I DO see the 'Open' button, but for other items, it isn't!

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

UK English.

Mx6 has ALWAYS done this, since day 1... there has NEVER been a time when that message was displayed & I've previously installed every beta copy released.

However, I don't really see how the system language could be a factor as, logically, it shouldn't matter or be in any way related!?

30 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

1. For me, 'Classic' theme has an orange title bar & no UI icon, so your video doesn't match what I'm seeing here.

Could we debug the issues remotely via TeamViewer or AnyDesk? Are you using the Windows 10 system?

2 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

2. For me, the download browse window isn't always displayed, so I assume that's file type specific?  If I try to download your video here, it IS displayed & I DO see the 'Open' button, but for other items, it isn't!

Could you let me know which items failed to pop up the download manager window? It would be appreciated if you could provide us a video of it. We will test and report the issue to the dev team.

8 hours ago, DARKSTORM said:

My browser just crashed unexpectedly. I have 5 tabs opened: YouTube with video popup, 2 Gmail, Passkeeper, and our SSS Website

I was browsing on the SSS Website then closed it. I browsed my Passkeeper next then it suddenly crashed after a few seconds.

Hi DARKSTORM, could you send the crash.dmp to me? 

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, observer said:

The checkbox "Show the tab close button" in Settings->Appearance->Interface makes nothing. I.e., nothing changes if it's checked or unchecked.

I think you are checking wrong, the option works properly, when you select the option, there is an "x" sign on each open tab, i.e. the button to close the tab. If the option is disabled then the sign "x" to close the tab appears when you hover the mouse over the tab.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, observer said:

The checkbox "Show the tab close button" in Settings->Appearance->Interface makes nothing. I.e., nothing changes if it's checked or unchecked.

Hi observer, it does change the tab appearance when you checked Show the tab close button. Upon checking, the "x" sign will appear on all tabs. If it is unchecked, the "x" sign will only appear when you hover near the tab or when you have selected the tab itself.

 

image.png

image.png

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi observer, it does change the tab appearance when you checked Show the tab close button. Upon checking, the "x" sign will appear on all tabs. If it is unchecked, the "x" sign will only appear when you hover near the tab or when you have selected the tab itself.

 

image.png

image.png

 

Is it require restart?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, observer said:

May be i'm doing smth wrong, but don't see any changes.

Hi observer, I believed it's because you have too many tabs opened which is why there is no space for the "x" to show. I did a test and the maximum tabs allowed for the "x" to show is 13 tabs.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi observer, I believed it's because you have too many tabs opened which is why there is no space for the "x" to show. I did a test and the maximum tabs allowed for the "x" to show is 13 tabs.

Ah, ok. I thought so :)

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2021 at 3:05 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi thereddevilrulez, I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it. Could you provide me a video of this issue? All of the history data failed to import, or part of the data failed to import?

Tried multiple times as well as on newly extracted MX6 portable folders. The imported History from Installed MX5 is only a couple of months instead of years i.e. partial import.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thereddevilrulez said:

Tried multiple times as well as on newly extracted MX6 portable folders. The imported History from Installed MX5 is only a couple of months instead of years i.e. partial import.

Hi thereddevilrulez, thank you for your reply. Currently, the history records only could import 1000 records. This request has been reported to the dev team. 😥

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi rex, you can click the icon on the top right corner to select.

 

image.png

image.png.07181d7528954a6b019d4f1d07ead08d.png

tks

but i need button hotkey

not show toolbar

tks

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, rex said:

image.png.07181d7528954a6b019d4f1d07ead08d.png

tks

but i need button hotkey

not show toolbar

tks

Hi rex, there is an option of "Show Bookmark Button" in the list. Just click on it and you should be able to see the hotkey appearing at the left side of the address bar.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi rex, there is an option of "Show Bookmark Button" in the list. Just click on it and you should be able to see the hotkey appearing at the left side of the address bar.

in maxthon 5 hotkey is alt+a

Snipaste_2021-07-19_18-08-26.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2021 at 1:50 PM, BugSir006 said:

Under the Classic, it has the custom button for enabling status bar. Attached a video for you.

Classic theme lacks this button for me, but Light and Dark themes do have this button. Thanks

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Astral Beast said:

Classic theme lacks this button for me, but Light and Dark themes do have this button. Thanks

Hi Astral, could you let me know the system information of your device?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share