MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.1900

BugSir006

BugSir006, 

I think I have a better understanding of the "memory leak" I mentioned.

When the current focused tab/page is inactive for 15-20 minutes, only that page freezes. When clicking on an unfocused tab or creating a new tab, the frozen tab unfreezes. It's annoying, but does not freeze the main browser or other tabs. MX6 is lovely, thank you madam!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.1900 (64-bit) 0709 (installed)

1. When browsing, can be on any website, and scrolling down, a white box of varying sizes is displayed overtop whatever was on the page... stays there for a few seconds & then the website is displayed correctly.  Seeing it every day, but not all the time.

2. Still getting message asking whether to exit browser or continue downloading when a download is in progress & try to shut the last open tab (which should drop back to Quick Launch).  As Mx6 correctly doesn't close the browser when the last tab is closed, this is clearly a left-over from Chromium.

3. Background tabs are taking at least 100x longer to open than foreground tabs!  If I need to open multiple links from the same page, I can be waiting many minutes before the pages open in the background, but only a few seconds if I click them, bringing them to the foreground.

4. Still getting no video or picture displayed on opened background tabs when clicking to bring to foreground. Refresh page & content is then displayed. But, on BBC's website, when clicking play icon in video preview, frequently finding a video goes through the motions of starting to play, but then just goes back to the preview & have to click again for playback to start.

5. Would be good if download list was displayed as a window, NOT a popup, so could be moved & resized & option to pin to keep visible & also displayed BEFORE destination popup to see previous downloads.

6. In address bar, when displaying, for example, matching history, instead of a small vertical highlight just on the left side, which is easy to miss, would be better if the whole line was highlighted.

Issues 2 + 3 + 4 have been present for quite a few releases, but issue 1 is new.

6 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

1. When browsing, can be on any website, and scrolling down, a white box of varying sizes is displayed overtop whatever was on the page... stays there for a few seconds & then the website is displayed correctly.  Seeing it every day, but not all the time.

Hi MichaelC362, could you provide me a screenshot or video of this issue?

6 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

2. Still getting message asking whether to exit browser or continue downloading when a download is in progress & try to shut the last open tab (which should drop back to Quick Launch).  As Mx6 correctly doesn't close the browser when the last tab is closed, this is clearly a left-over from Chromium.

This issue has been fixed in the latest version 6.1.2.2100?

Archived