MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.1700

BugSir006

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, caligula73 said:

Hi caligula73, it is not a bug. The browser will get the latest screenshot of the website automatically after restarting. The loading speed depends on the local network speed. And it needs some time to get the screenshots because it gets many website screenshots at the same time.

30 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you try to right-click on the icon to view the icon path?

It seems that the contents blocked by the Adblock. You could try to disable the Adblock.

I assume a similar issue with JavaScript is also related to AdBlock!?  Refresh page & message goes away.

Didn't get those problem with Mx5 though & had AdBlock running with 9 filters!

I notice also, when opening multiple tabs, CPU usage remains high (60%+)... Mx5 wasn't that bad... Is that a limitation of Chromium?

image.thumb.png.fa6c872c36abb16d9f4f54cf4abf9ccf.png

image.png

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Xahi4475, we changed the shortcut. Alt+M will only be used for the "Mute current tab." If you'd like to mute the site, you could right-click on the tab then click "Mute site."?

You totally missed my point. Read again my first comment. Anyway I'm OK with 1600 build.

I no longer have a background image on my New Tab Page in either exe. or Portable 64 bit 6.1.2.1700. Anybody else have this problem?

Hi Magdalene, you mean the previous background of New tab page lost after overwriting installation?

Yes (it's pale blue) and the widget cog on the NTP doesn't open so I can't choose another.

15 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Yes (it's pale blue) and the widget cog on the NTP doesn't open so I can't choose another.

Hi Magdalene, you mean you could not open the page setting button? 

Maxthon Snap20210629142425.png

You could try to paste the attached the file "newtab.7z" to your current version.

Maxthon Snap20210629142856.png

newtab.7z

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, how many tabs did you open? 

1. It's quite bad on even just a few, but awful when a dozen or more.

I have Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit (up-to-date), AMD 4.0GHz dual core CPU, 8GB dual channel RAM, SSD boot, so should (& was before) be better.

2. I have today, once again, seen duplicate entries in the download manager

3. a new download manager issue: when clicking the cross to delete a record, it's removing something from the list, as it moves up/down, just not the one I was clicking on! Still, I suspect, just a caching issue as when I restart Mx6, the list is ok.

4. Also, the auto-updates still didn't work, despite update beta being ticked

5. I notice, not always, but often, screen shot quick launch thumbnails refresh when I load Mx6, without me clicking anything...

6. delete all records in download manager again didn't delete all, but this time looks like it's the duplicates that are left (could have been the case previously too, but not sure)... this makes sense if caching issue as means the list HAS been emptied & is empty after restarting Mx6

23 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, how many tabs did you open? 

1. It's quite bad on even just a few, but awful when a dozen or more.

I have Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit (up-to-date), AMD 4.0GHz dual core CPU, 8GB dual channel RAM, SSD boot, so should (& was before) be better.

3. a new download manager issue: when clicking the cross to delete a record, it's removing something from the list, as it moves up/down, just not the one I was clicking on! Still, I suspect, just a caching issue as when I restart Mx6, the list is ok.

5. I notice, not always, but often, screen shot quick launch thumbnails refresh when I load Mx6, without me clicking anything...

6. delete all records in download manager again didn't delete all, but this time looks like it's the duplicates that are left (could have been the case previously too, but not sure)... this makes sense if caching issue as means the list HAS been emptied & is empty after restarting Mx6

7. Would be good if replies to posts here could be pushed to Maxthon so don't need to check in forum.  Same user signed in, so not a lot of effort!

14 hours ago, Magdalene said:

@ BugSir006

Thanks for the download. It doesn't work in either 64 bit exe or portable. Still can't open widget. Background still pale blue.

Hi Magdalene, I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced it. Could we debug this issue remotely via AnyDesk or other remote tools?

Or may I ask your specific operating steps caused this issue?

46 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Another issue with download manager: now, when a download fails & I click refresh icon, it adds a new download, which also fails

Hi MichaelC362, could you send the download link of that file to me? I will test it. ?

20 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

3 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hi MichaelC362, I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced. The duplicated record issue has been fixed for a long time. ?

Could you provide me a video of these issues? I will forward the video to the dev team for analysis.

The dev team pushed the auto-update yesterday, could you try to check the auto-update again?

Engineers are working on optimizing it.

1 minute ago, Magdalene said:

@ BugSir006

I've reinstalled both versions of .1700. I get the same problem with both. I've reinstalled .1600 and the problem is gone. I then reinstalled both versions of 1700 and the problem comes back. Apart from that .1700 works fine.

Hi Magdalene, could you let me know your Windows OS Build?

3 minutes ago, caligula73 said:

it is impossible to use because of the automatic updating of thumbnails of quick access, the mouse focus is constantly lost
rolled back to 6.1.2.1600

Why don't you just stick to the old color choice instead until they give us the option to put our own thumbnails   

Archived