MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.1600

BugSir006

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, sorry, I haven't found the difference. Could you help me to check it? Attached a video for you.

Hello!

When I add the website to quick launch on a customer's computer, it always works, first time...

Although, I've never tried to refresh it, so I shall do so next time.

I've changed the website several times today & now, after loading Mx6, the first time I refresh, it shows the correct website, but even if I immediately click refresh, it shows a version from last week.  Clearly this is a cache issue... is there an option to clear the quick launch cache?

Hello!

A new issue just seen with the download manager:

Had duplicate entries for programs that were only downloaded once.

Again, this is another caching issue... Exit & reload Mx6 & now no duplicates & clear history worked ok.

I enclose the logs, created before reloading Mx6

Log Files.7z

15 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you go to the installation path, compress the folder "Log Files" and send it to me?

MaxthonSnap20210623160002.png

Hi, sent you the compressed log files by pm. thanks for looking into the issue :)

13 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

I've changed the website several times today & now, after loading Mx6, the first time I refresh, it shows the correct website, but even if I immediately click refresh, it shows a version from last week.  Clearly this is a cache issue... is there an option to clear the quick launch cache?

Hi MichaelC362, could you compress your thumbnail file and send it to me? I will forward the file to the dev team for analysis.

You could you find it under the installation path. To check the installation path, you could run the installation.exe.

If you use the portable version, you could open the folder, find the folder "User Data," then open the account folder which you have this issue, such as Default or Profile 1/2, then find the folder "Mx Thumbnail."

For example: C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Profile 2\Mx Thumbnail

14 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

A new issue just seen with the download manager:

Had duplicate entries for programs that were only downloaded once.

Again, this is another caching issue... Exit & reload Mx6 & now no duplicates & clear history worked ok.

I enclose the logs, created before reloading Mx6

Hi MichaelC362, thank you for your log file.? But the file hasn't caught the correct info. Could you provide me a video of this issue? I will forward the video to the dev team for analysis.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you compress your thumbnail file and send it to me? I will forward the file to the dev team for analysis.

You could you find it under the installation path. To check the installation path, you could run the installation.exe.

If you use the portable version, you could open the folder, find the folder "User Data," then open the account folder which you have this issue, such as Default or Profile 1/2, then find the folder "Mx Thumbnail."

For example: C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Profile 2\Mx Thumbnail

Here's the thumbnail... this is how the website looked last week. Today, when I first loaded Mx6 I clicked refresh & a partial version of the current website was displayed (lots of bits missing, mostly the icons in the boxes), but refresh again & back to last week's version.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, thank you for your log file.? But the file hasn't caught the correct info. Could you provide me a video of this issue? I will forward the video to the dev team for analysis.

Hello!

That's the first time I've seen duplicates in the list, but every week, there's items that aren't removed when I click clear. If it happens again, I'll make a video.

However, this is obviously just a caching issue, the same as the thumbnail issues, so maybe the devs just need to check that.

26 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Here's the thumbnail... this is how the website looked last week. Today, when I first loaded Mx6 I clicked refresh & a partial version of the current website was displayed (lots of bits missing, mostly the icons in the boxes), but refresh again & back to last week's version.

Thank you for your reply. Bug reported. :5884970a7da3a_1:

Hardware acceleration does not seem to work in Maxthon 6. It works normally in Maxthon 5 and in Chrome. You can test this by looking at the satellite view in Google Maps ( https://maps.google.com ). If hardware acceleration in the browser is enabled and working, you will see the 3D option being available and you will be able to look at city buildings from a 3D perspective. In Maxthon 6 it doesn't work, even if acceleration is enabled in settings. Maps are always only 2D.

You can also type this into URL bar in Maxthon and Chrome and compare results:

chrome://gpu/

6 hours ago, Perplexer said:

Hardware acceleration does not seem to work in Maxthon 6. It works normally in Maxthon 5 and in Chrome. You can test this by looking at the satellite view in Google Maps ( https://maps.google.com ). If hardware acceleration in the browser is enabled and working, you will see the 3D option being available and you will be able to look at city buildings from a 3D perspective. In Maxthon 6 it doesn't work, even if acceleration is enabled in settings. Maps are always only 2D.

You can also type this into URL bar in Maxthon and Chrome and compare results:

chrome://gpu/

Hi Perplexer, try to enable Global view

MaxthonSnap20210625123027.png

BugSir006, this did indeed solve the problem with Google Maps, however, according to chrome://gpu/ the hardware acceleration is still unavailable, even though it is enabled (checked) in Maxthon 6 settings. Like mentioned before, in the Chrome browser, HW acceleration does seem to be available and working.

6 minutes ago, Perplexer said:

BugSir006, this did indeed solve the problem with Google Maps, however, according to chrome://gpu/ the hardware acceleration is still unavailable, even though it is enabled (checked) in Maxthon 6 settings. Like mentioned before, in the Chrome browser, HW acceleration does seem to be available and working.

Hi Perplexer, I tried to access mx://gpu/, the hardware acceleration is enabled.

Maxthon Snap20210625152257.png

I am on Windows 7, Core i7-920, Radeon HD5770 and my report looked like this:

Image1.png.10ac5a9272e02efc4a19236a64de887f.png

I then went to mx://flags/ and changed "Override software rendering list" (Overrides the built-in software rendering list and enables GPU-acceleration on unsupported system configurations.  Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android) from "Disabled" to "Enabled" and restarted Maxthon 6. This has now forced it to run with Hardware acceleration enabled.

on http://www.diigo.com (onlinebookmarker), when I click on one the 3dots menu near a bookmark (the one highlighted in green) here: 
image.png.404a6dc532e93c9eae7d4834bf912d5a.png

there is a maxthon auto-login/passkeeper(?) window appearing on top of the normal diigo menu (the dark window with the pixelated username/manage...). I have to `esc` to hide the maxthon menu. 
image.png.931a0895caa152a18ea1a2747dc568d3.png

it seems like a bug as this 3-dots menu shouldn't be parsed as a login input area. Is there any workaround to stop the auto login popup for selected domains/pages ?

15 minutes ago, xxxxx said:

on http://www.diigo.com (onlinebookmarker), when I click on one the 3dots menu near a bookmark (the one highlighted in green) here: 
image.png.404a6dc532e93c9eae7d4834bf912d5a.png

there is a maxthon auto-login/passkeeper(?) window appearing on top of the normal diigo menu (the dark window with the pixelated username/manage...). I have to `esc` to hide the maxthon menu. 

it seems like a bug as this 3-dots menu shouldn't be parsed as a login input area. Is there any workaround to stop the auto login popup for selected domains/pages ?

Hi there, I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced it. You could try to clear the cache then refresh the page.

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced it. You could try to clear the cache then refresh the page.

I had to delete any record of diigo and the mail from passkeeper to make the window disappear.
is there a way to disable passkeeper entirely ?

On 6/26/2021 at 7:53 AM, xxxxx said:

I had to delete any record of diigo and the mail from passkeeper to make the window disappear.
is there a way to disable passkeeper entirely ?

Hi there, sorry, currently, it cannot be disabled. This request has been reported to the product team. 

Archived