MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.1600

BugSir006

Hello!

1. maxthon_6.1.2.1500_beta_x64 didn't auto-update to maxthon_6.1.2.1600_beta_x64.

2. Even when manually checking, like all previous releases, still said it's up to date.

3. Since Mx6 has a service running that checks every 30 minutes for updates, exactly what is that doing!?

4. If I can manually download an update, how is Mx6 can't!?

5. The default quick launch for LinedIn still points to a non-existent website (reported over a year ago!):

http://click.howdoesin.net/aff_c?offer_id=106943463&affiliate_id=7197

6. Background tabs still taking HUGE (minutes, if at all) amount of time to open, but when clicked, open within seconds.

7. Quick launch, add/edit, "colour" still spelt "color" for UK.

I can't disable the `enable boss key` :  'CTRL + `' always acts as a boss key, even if I uncheck the checkbox or when I change the shortcut to something else (in my pic below, I tried changing it to CTRL SHIFT F12, but then BOTH CTRL SHIFT F12 and CTRL ` act as boss key. 

I don't want any boss key shortcut at all, or at least the ability to disable CTRL ` as a boss key. (I use 'ctrl `' as a shortcut to display a command line, whenever Maxthon is opened, it superseeds this shortcut).

the issue has been there for a couple of versions (I would say 6.1.2.1400 had it, maybe 6.1.2.1200 too. I believe it was ok back in 6.1.2.1105)

image.png.f4ad2a0330a467074f7507f3eb10f29c.png

On 6/19/2021 at 5:32 AM, zork said:

In all the last builds auto-login function not working. Video attached.

Hi zork, did you pin the guest account to your task bar? I suspect you launched the pinned account. 

On 6/19/2021 at 6:55 AM, UserMx5 said:

BugSir006

Guys, when will you scroll the bookmarks to the right to the end? for this reason alone, I can not switch from 5th to 6th version (

Hi UserMx5, I will urge the engineers again. ?

On 6/20/2021 at 1:55 AM, xxxxx said:

I can't disable the `enable boss key` :  'CTRL + `' always acts as a boss key, even if I uncheck the checkbox or when I change the shortcut to something else (in my pic below, I tried changing it to CTRL SHIFT F12, but then BOTH CTRL SHIFT F12 and CTRL ` act as boss key. 

I don't want any boss key shortcut at all, or at least the ability to disable CTRL ` as a boss key. (I use 'ctrl `' as a shortcut to display a command line, whenever Maxthon is opened, it superseeds this shortcut).

the issue has been there for a couple of versions (I would say 6.1.2.1400 had it, maybe 6.1.2.1200 too. I believe it was ok back in 6.1.2.1105)

image.png.f4ad2a0330a467074f7507f3eb10f29c.png

Hi there, this known bug will be fixed as soon as possible. ?

22 hours ago, SEYMOUR said:

In which directory are the background images located‽

Hi SEYMOUR, currently, it cannot upload the image as the background. This request has been reported to the product team. ?

On 6/19/2021 at 3:22 PM, MichaelC362 said:

6. Background tabs still taking HUGE (minutes, if at all) amount of time to open, but when clicked, open within seconds.

Hi MichaelC362, I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced, could you provide me a video of it?

On 6/20/2021 at 10:57 AM, SEYMOUR said:

In which directory are the background images located‽

Снимок_2021_06_20_10_47_36_156.png

They are compressed in your user profile under
c:\Users\???\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\6.1.2.1600\webui\newtab.7z\static\img\bg\
??? = your user 

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi zork, did you pin the guest account to your task bar? I suspect you launched the pinned account. 

No, I launch my profile from desktop shortcut. I don't have a guest account. At all.

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.1600 (64-bit) 0618 (installed)

1. I don't see any option to add current open webpage to quick launch, only as bookmark... am I missing it?

2. Quick launch, refresh shortcut... no sure where it's getting it from, but I changed my website last Saturday & multiple times today (experimenting with new layout) & quick launch shows an old version (days ago, before making changes) upon refresh.  Tried Ctrl+F5 to refresh cache, but the same.  Tried changing to colour & back again, same.  Tried adding a new quick launch, but same

12 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

1. I don't see any option to add current open webpage to quick launch, only as bookmark... am I missing it?

Hi MichaelC362, you could right-click on the tab to find this option.

Maxthon Snap20210622112325.png

12 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

2. Quick launch, refresh shortcut... no sure where it's getting it from, but I changed my website last Saturday & multiple times today (experimenting with new layout) & quick launch shows an old version (days ago, before making changes) upon refresh.  Tried Ctrl+F5 to refresh cache, but the same.  Tried changing to colour & back again, same.  Tried adding a new quick launch, but same

If you select "screenshot" as the QuickAccess icon, you will see the refresh button.

Maxthon Snap20210622112853.png

12 hours ago, zork said:

No, I launch my profile from desktop shortcut. I don't have a guest account. At all.

Hi zork, have you selected auto sign-in?

auto.jpg

Hello!

The quick launch refresh isn't working (at least not for my website)...

Doesn't matter how many times I click the refresh icon, it still shows a screenshot from last week, despite the website having changed many times since.

Sometimes (maybe only first time after loading Mx6), it shows a newer (still not current) version, but if I click refresh again, then it reverts to an older version & repeated refreshes make no difference.

Implies it's cached & refresh simply isn't getting current version.

Hello!

When I asked is there an option to add currently displayed webpage to 'quick launch', you said to right click tab & goto 'Add to the new tab page'...

None of those options allow adding to the quick launch, only add as bookmark or create desktop shortcut!

Hello!

In the download manager, the 'Clear all records' is still not always working (been that way last few versions)...

Had several days worth of downloads listed (15-20 entries), some where the file still existed & some where not (as renamed) & clicking clear all records didn't, removed most, left some.

Clicking again makes no difference, but exiting Mx6 & reloading, the list is now empty.

Can't recreate this issue as don't know why working sometimes but not others...

It's common my download list would have existing & no-longer existing file entries.

Can you guys make mouse gestures in split-screen (F10) work like they used to in MX5?

Let me explain. Let's say I have two pages opened in split-screen. If I start a right-click gesture to close a tab on the left half of my screen, I expect it to close the tab that's on the left side of my screen, but the way it works right now is it closes the tab that's active at the moment. So if I'm browsing something on the (active) left half, but I want to close the tab on the right half with a gesture, when I do the gesture over the right half it still closes the left one, the one it considers active.

Not a huge deal, but very annoying when I accidentally close tabs I don't want to ?

4 hours ago, nTrophy said:

Can you guys make mouse gestures in split-screen (F10) work like they used to in MX5?

Let me explain. Let's say I have two pages opened in split-screen. If I start a right-click gesture to close a tab on the left half of my screen, I expect it to close the tab that's on the left side of my screen, but the way it works right now is it closes the tab that's active at the moment. So if I'm browsing something on the (active) left half, but I want to close the tab on the right half with a gesture, when I do the gesture over the right half it still closes the left one, the one it considers active.

Not a huge deal, but very annoying when I accidentally close tabs I don't want to ?

Hi nTrophy, thank you for your feedback. This issue has been reported to the dev team. ?

6 hours ago, xxxxx said:

I still have the history bug (it only saves the last 5 days), was there any update on this issue ?

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you go to the installation path, compress the folder "Log Files" and send it to me?

MaxthonSnap20210623160002.png

On 6/22/2021 at 3:28 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

In the download manager, the 'Clear all records' is still not always working (been that way last few versions)...

Had several days worth of downloads listed (15-20 entries), some where the file still existed & some where not (as renamed) & clicking clear all records didn't, removed most, left some.

Clicking again makes no difference, but exiting Mx6 & reloading, the list is now empty.

Can't recreate this issue as don't know why working sometimes but not others...

It's common my download list would have existing & no-longer existing file entries.

Hi MichaelC362, if you experience the issue again please compress the folder "Log Files" and send it to me. ?

On 6/22/2021 at 2:11 PM, MichaelC362 said:

The quick launch refresh isn't working (at least not for my website)...

Doesn't matter how many times I click the refresh icon, it still shows a screenshot from last week, despite the website having changed many times since.

Sometimes (maybe only first time after loading Mx6), it shows a newer (still not current) version, but if I click refresh again, then it reverts to an older version & repeated refreshes make no difference.

Implies it's cached & refresh simply isn't getting current version.

Could you provide me the specific URLs of this issue? 

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, if you experience the issue again please compress the folder "Log Files" and send it to me. ?

Could you provide me the specific URLs of this issue? 

Hello!

My website is: www.CornerStone.me.uk

I've just tried it again & the first time I click refresh, it shows a partially loaded version of the current layout, but when clicking again, it shows last week's version.

37 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

My website is: www.CornerStone.me.uk

I've just tried it again & the first time I click refresh, it shows a partially loaded version of the current layout, but when clicking again, it shows last week's version.

Hi MichaelC362, sorry, I haven't found the difference. Could you help me to check it? Attached a video for you.

Archived