×

Give a tip

MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.1500


BugSir006
 Share

Recommended Posts

The best thing about this ver is that I now can open external links with maxthon 
It stopped working with 1400 
though this version after updating and reopening closed all my pinned tabs that were open when it asked me to relaunch

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

what a f*@# is going on? maxthon doesn't let me login! (wrong account data)

reinstall older version doesn't help.

can't reach my mail because it's in mx-notes.

 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Idiotic USELESS updates causes more and more new bugs and CRASHES.

This time I must roll back system to bring normal login to mx-account.

But LOST all mx-notes with links. Export/Import? Oh, this is a crazy roulette wheel peeking tons of obsolete records, but NEVER last updated, NEVER useful...

And YEEES! I have lost also ALL MY EXTENSIONS and themes (which not works in last 2 versions)

Edited by dezinto
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2021 at 10:23 PM, Mhzayer said:

though this version after updating and reopening closed all my pinned tabs that were open when it asked me to relaunch

Hi Mhzayer, could you describe this issue in detail? I tried to test but haven't found this issue.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2021 at 2:16 AM, UserMx5 said:

Right scroll bookmarks still not working! 😩

Hi UserMx5, this request has been recorded and will be added to the future version as soon as possible. 😊

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi UserMx5, this request has been recorded and will be added to the future version as soon as possible. 😊

Looking forward, fingers crossed!!! :crossfingers:

  • Thanks 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, observer said:

The return of the login window was a great! However, the ability to delete a user without logging into the browser imho is not right.

Hi observer, thank you for your feedback. Bug reported. 😊

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2021 at 5:41 AM, dezinto said:

But LOST all mx-notes with links. Export/Import? Oh, this is a crazy roulette wheel peeking tons of obsolete records, but NEVER last updated, NEVER useful...

Hi dezinto, could you try to log in to uu.me then check the data online?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.1500 (64-bit) 0611 (installed)

Last 2 betas have caused HUGE increase in CPU usage, minimum 30%, but often 60% or more, while browsing!!

Made MUCH worse when opening multiple tabs in the background, which take a LONG time to load, if ever.

However, when then clicking on a tab, that hadn't finished loading (after several minutes), it then does finish within a few seconds.

I load up a load of BBC.co.uk or Softpedia.com articles each day to read & may open a dozen or more & my CPU monitor shows a constant 100% load all the time.

When all tabs have loaded (when there's lots of them, I NEVER see this, but do with only 1 or 2 open), CPU is close to 0%.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.1500 (64-bit) 0611 (installed)

Would be nice if the download manager reported the size of the file to be downloaded in the browse window, like Mx5 did.

The screenshot in quick launch doesn't have an update/refresh option (like Mx5 had), so one has to edit, change to colour (which is spelt wrong in UK version as "color"), then save, then edit again, change to screenshot & lastly save again... hardly user-friendly!

Would be nice also to have selectable refresh frequency (e.g. xx minutes, hours, days, etc) per quick launch shortcut.

Would be nicer still to have selectable logos... either from Maxthon database (like Mx5 used to have, with multiple options for well known websites), favicon from website or user selectable local image file (e.g. a jpg, png, etc)

This is more noticeable for big named websites like amazon & ebay where only the American versions (.com) have a logo... the UK variants, amazon.co.uk & ebay.co.uk only have colour (& now screenshot).

Whatever the language, since Mx6 has built-in logos for some companies, there's no logical reason why we shouldn't be able to select any of them for any website!

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.1500 (64-bit) 0611 (installed)

What's the criteria for detecting an 'unsafe' download?

I've seen a few (e.g. from softpedia.com, who check everything first anyway) that needed manually clicking the 'play' link to perform the download, but for which the file was safe (e.g. LightBulb-v2.3.3 (auto adjusts monitor gamma))

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi dezinto, could you try to log in to uu.me then check the data online?

Man, I've done everything. BUT I found only obsolete notes. For future, I have to backup ALL notes in common notepad everyday...

About extensions... hmmm... maybe I should make screenshots from ext.settings.

Simply don't trust in MX features anymore...

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

Going to uu.me, login with email, Mx6 prompts to save login details, but doesn't show the email address, only the password as going to be saved.

Manually entered the address & saved & then checked in Passkeeper & it is now stored correctly.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dezinto said:

Man, I've done everything. BUT I found only obsolete notes. For future, I have to backup ALL notes in common notepad everyday...

About extensions... hmmm... maybe I should make screenshots from ext.settings.

Simply don't trust in MX features anymore...

Hi dezinto, did you select "All types?" You could try to check the folder "Trash."

Maxthon Snap20210616182328.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 5:22 PM, MichaelC362 said:

I've seen a few (e.g. from softpedia.com, who check everything first anyway) that needed manually clicking the 'play' link to perform the download, but for which the file was safe (e.g. LightBulb-v2.3.3 (auto adjusts monitor gamma))

Hi MichaelC362, could you provide us a video of this issue?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2021 at 5:58 PM, BugSir006 said:

Maxthon Snap20210616202756.png

Hi BugSir006 and MX team,

First of all... Thank you guys.

Please consider a few of my requests and help with issues.

1) Ask for confirmation while deleting a bookmark or at-least swap Edit and Delete.

2) After pasting any copied text into any website's (for e.g. google) text box requires 'delete' option below cut, copy, paste for the pasted and highlighted text.

3) Just migrated from Mx5 guest to Mx 6.1.2.1305(64-bit)0531 portable and only 3 days of history was imported. Some help needed here.

Regards.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2021 at 9:16 AM, thereddevilrulez said:

1) Ask for confirmation while deleting a bookmark or at-least swap Edit and Delete.

Request recorded. 😊

On 6/18/2021 at 9:16 AM, thereddevilrulez said:

2) After pasting any copied text into any website's (for e.g. google) text box requires 'delete' option below cut, copy, paste for the pasted and highlighted text.

You could click "Undo."

Maxthon Snap20210621172537.png

On 6/18/2021 at 9:16 AM, thereddevilrulez said:

3) Just migrated from Mx5 guest to Mx 6.1.2.1305(64-bit)0531 portable and only 3 days of history was imported. Some help needed here.

Did you use the import function? I tried to test this issue in the latest version 6.1.2.1600 but haven't been reproduced. Could you try to import again?

Maxthon Snap20210621172721.png

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried importing multiple times from the same way as above but no use. I have years of history (upto History_Part_127.dat & history folder is 477mb). Using Mx6 portable Version 6.1.2.1600 (64-bit) 0618. I am using Maxthon since 2.0.7.1030.

To the other issue:

There is no 'Delete' option in any of mx6 text boxes in websites (even quick access bar) but the main address bar has it. Cut, copy, paste and delete are standard options basically in any app. Can't use 'Undo' as Delete, i hope you understand.

 

Thanks and Regards.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share