MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.1400

BugSir006

I'm afraid to install it. Comments not helping. ?

Edit: I've installed it, I have no problem, no crash, nor app, nor extensions. Thanks. I hope you add (as I asked early) shortcut for mute and unmute site. Because very often I mute and unmute Zynga Poker. ?

Thanks for awesome browser. :)

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.1400 (64-bit) 0604 (installed)

Bookmarks manager:

1. clicking a bookmark doesn't select it

2. pressing Ctrl+A to select ALL says 'x selected', but doesn't show anything to indicate such on screen

3. clicking on a bookmark & then pressing cursor keys moves box around each bookmark & holding shift while moving says 'x selected', but still no visual indication

4. can't use mouse to highlight bookmarks

5. when deleting a bookmark folder, there's a message at the bottom left of screen showing 'xxx deleted   undo', but no option to close that message, which is covering the bottom of the list

6. since previously 'import from Mx5' didn't work (could leave for hours but wouldn't finish), I now have 12 copies of bookmarks... would be VERY useful to have option to remove duplicates. As I have 1000s of bookmarks, would be huge pain to manually check for non-duplicates entries. in Mx5 I could have exported to Internet Explorer folder as files, ran a duplicate file content checker, removed the duplicate files, erased ALL stored & sync'd Mx6 bookmarks & then imported from IE... However, Mx6 only supports export as HTML file!

7. when deleting bookmarks, there's the option to undo, but there's no recycle bin for deletions, so only the last delete can be undone. better to just have recycle bin & then any previous deletions can be restored, permanently deleted or the bin emptied

8. the bookmarks are shown with a folder list on the left & contents on the right, but there's no option to adjust the width of the folder list... it's not uncommon to have folders within folders, but you won't be able to see them without scrolling that list left/right

On 4/19/2021 at 11:38 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, thank you for your feedback.? The Greek language is still being translated, would you like to join our translation project?

https://crowdin.com/project/maxthon-for-pc-translation/el#

Hi, i try but i say before i dont know English :( i use Google translate....

Hi, I have finished translating all the files 100%.
As I said I do not know English, the translation was done with the help of google translate.

Εάν κάποιος Έλληνας ξέρει Αγγλικά και θέλει να διορθώσει τα πολλά λάθη μου, μπορεί να το κάνει πατώντας εδώ:

Thanks Maxthon team for the good work!

On 6/4/2021 at 11:48 PM, Bosco said:

After installing latest version, all extension become crash.

WeChat Screenshot_20210604234709.png

Hi Bosco, thank you for your feedback.? I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced it. Could you describe this issue in detail, such as the version number of your previous browser, 64-bit or 32-bit, system information, Windows 7 or Windows 10, fresh installation, or overwrite installation? 

On 6/5/2021 at 12:32 AM, UserMx5 said:

Until now, the bookmark list is not scrolled, but only the button - "more". ?

Hi UserMx5, this request has been reported to the dev team. It needs some time to implement.?

On 6/5/2021 at 1:21 AM, Arcan said:

it crashes so often (no previous version was crashing before to me) 

Hi Arcan, could you send the crash report to me and describe the steps cause the crash?

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25031-how-to-get-your-crash-data-of-maxthon-6/

On 6/6/2021 at 1:25 AM, migel said:

Hi, I have finished translating all the files 100%.
As I said I do not know English, the translation was done with the help of google translate.

Εάν κάποιος Έλληνας ξέρει Αγγλικά και θέλει να διορθώσει τα πολλά λάθη μου, μπορεί να το κάνει πατώντας εδώ:

Thanks Maxthon team for the good work!

:Tears_of_Joy_Emoji_Icon_42x42:

On 6/5/2021 at 5:56 PM, caligula73 said:

!everyone, install on a clean one, do not update!

Hi caligula73, could you describe this issue in detail? You mean you uninstalled the previous version then freshly installed the latest version?

Hello!

The bug in the download manager, where it's unable to completely clear the log, has returned...

However, since it's NOT common or repeatable (so a video couldn't be made), I suspect it wasn't fixed before!

I had 20-30 entries in the list & most didn't exist as files anymore as they'd been manually renamed to remove the "(1)" where the filename had already existed & the old one manually deleted.

On 6/5/2021 at 3:15 PM, MichaelC362 said:

2. pressing Ctrl+A to select ALL says 'x selected', but doesn't show anything to indicate such on screen

3. clicking on a bookmark & then pressing cursor keys moves box around each bookmark & holding shift while moving says 'x selected', but still no visual indication

Hi MichaelC362, could you see the Cancel and the Delete button?

Maxthon Snap20210607142519.png

6. since previously 'import from Mx5' didn't work (could leave for hours but wouldn't finish), I now have 12 copies of bookmarks... would be VERY useful to have option to remove duplicates. As I have 1000s of bookmarks, would be huge pain to manually check for non-duplicates entries. in Mx5 I could have exported to Internet Explorer folder as files, ran a duplicate file content checker, removed the duplicate files, erased ALL stored & sync'd Mx6 bookmarks & then imported from IE... However, Mx6 only supports export as HTML file!

Would you like to install this extension? It could find and remove the duplicated bookmarks.

8. the bookmarks are shown with a folder list on the left & contents on the right, but there's no option to adjust the width of the folder list... it's not uncommon to have folders within folders, but you won't be able to see them without scrolling that list left/right

This issue has been reported to the dev team. 

30 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

The bug in the download manager, where it's unable to completely clear the log, has returned...

However, since it's NOT common or repeatable (so a video couldn't be made), I suspect it wasn't fixed before!

I had 20-30 entries in the list & most didn't exist as files anymore as they'd been manually renamed to remove the "(1)" where the filename had already existed & the old one manually deleted.

Hi MichaelC362, could you try to delete the records manually?

Maxthon Snap20210607155747.png

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you try to delete the records manually?

Maxthon Snap20210607155747.png

Hello!

Neither 'Clear all records' or 'Clear invalid' works...

If I were to exit Mx6 & restart, they likely wouldn't be listed anymore (this is what happened last time).

To me, that implies the list is being cleared, but not displayed as such

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MichaelC362, could you see the Cancel and the Delete button?

Maxthon Snap20210607142519.png

Would you like to install this extension? It could find and remove the duplicated bookmarks.

This issue has been reported to the dev team. 

Hello!

When pressing Ctrl+A first or clicking a bookmark, nothing happens or is shown, but after clicking & pressing cursor up/down, there's a thin black rectangle surrounding a bookmark, but I still can't select anything unless I also hold shift, which will then select 2 bookmarks, but not indicate which 2 (i.e. not highlighted)!

Pressing cursor up/down, while holding shift, will highlight a contiguous block, but since nothing is highlighted, you won't know which you've selected.

Pressing cursor up/down, without keeping shift held down will unselect any previously selected.

If I press cursor right, a grey circle is shown to the left of the bookmark, but it's not selected.

I tried that extension (& 2 others) & eventually between them & me, removed over 56000 duplicates! Would have been nice to have that built-in.

•  I don't like the new submenu for `move tab to new group`, it reduces discoverability. I use tab groups more often than `move tab to incognito window` so I would prefer to see all the tab groups options as first level items. (ideally there should be a way to chose what appears as top level or sub-menu).
  • tab groups : since it's now a sub-menu, it's a bit awkward to use when the tab is at the rightmost : the submenu will popout on the left of the tab menu, you need to drag the mouse around the menu
  • once a tab group has been created, there is a missing space between `move tab to` and the group name (see pic)

image.png.7c9514f5cbe6b308237f2021ad8e2776.png

7 hours ago, caligula73 said:

I'm talking about what you need to test on a clean one, if you update then a lot of problems appear, this happened to me with 6.1.2.1400_beta_x64.exe

I have installed it a clean install and now I have to login to my account every time I restart Maxthon

16 hours ago, xxxxx said:
  •  I don't like the new submenu for `move tab to new group`, it reduces discoverability. I use tab groups more often than `move tab to incognito window` so I would prefer to see all the tab groups options as first level items. (ideally there should be a way to chose what appears as top level or sub-menu).
  • tab groups : since it's now a sub-menu, it's a bit awkward to use when the tab is at the rightmost : the submenu will popout on the left of the tab menu, you need to drag the mouse around the menu

Suggestion recorded. ?

16 hours ago, xxxxx said:

once a tab group has been created, there is a missing space between `move tab to` and the group name (see pic)

Thank you for pointing it out. It will be fixed in the next version. :5884970a7da3a_1:

Archived