Tab Freeze

8 hours ago, imtrobin said:

Hi, Chrome has Tab Freeze feature by default now, to suspend inactive tabs in background so they don't take memory. Maxthon still takes up lot of memory with background tabs (I have 200+ tabs).

Hi imtrobin, in Maxthon 6, you could go to mx://flags/#calculate-native-win-occlusiono to check this function.

1 hour ago, imtrobin said:

On another machine where I have 200 tabs with Edge, it uses 400MB only.

Hi imtrobin, could you provide me a screenshot of this process?

I tried to test this issue. If I open 100 pages, it will use several thousand MB.

Dingtalk_20210604180257.jpgDingtalk_20210604171022.jpg

On 6/4/2021 at 11:16 PM, imtrobin said:

This is Edge on same machine, 200 tabs , 15 windows, most not touched in a long time.

Hi imtrobin, you mean this situation happens under the default settings? Did you do any customized settings for this issue? I tried to test this issue in Edge and Chrome, they also use several thousand MB?

20 hours ago, imtrobin said:

Hi imtrobin, thank you for your reply.? You could access mx://discards/ to manage the tab freezing.

tab freezing.jpg

17 hours ago, imtrobin said:

Thanks. I see a lot of them are still loaded even though I have not open them for more than 2 hours. It should auto unload if it's not touched in 2 hours right? It doesn't seem to do so.

image.thumb.png.147a505fdf2bfa88a20bd4d47cb93e65.png

Hi imtrobin, thank you for your reply. ? This issue has been reported to the product team, they will consider optimizing this function seriously. ?

Archived