Maxthon6 hijacks hotkeys (V6.1.2.1305)

Since three versions back (last working version was V6.1.2.1100 i think) maxthon started hijacking few global hotkeys even though they are unset in the application or outright disabled.

Example is CTRL+` as a boss key. I disabled boss key:

image.png.5bfaa64cccdf90f38295c1c0033cdc9c.png

Yet CTRL+` still activates boss key shortcut and hides the window. CTRL+`continues acting as boss key even if i change the hotkey from CTRL+` to whatever else.

The same happens with CTRL+F1 / CTRL+F2 for Snap screen tool. I have disabled the hotkeys in maxthon for CTRL+F1 and CTRL+F2 because i use a different tool for that, yet maxthon continues to hijack the hotkeys and activates the snap screen tool then the hotkey is pressed.

image.png.b687509a171e5e77488081c16bbfd2ff.png

Also for some reason, after latest update, my theme has been reset to default maxthon theme with my custom theme I had installed before is nowhere to be found.

Both of these issues happen on three computers I use ( personal computers, office notebook and second officen otebook )

• sajphon changed the title to Maxthon6 hijacks hotkeys (V6.1.2.1305)
On 6/2/2021 at 7:34 PM, sajphon said:

Yet CTRL+` still activates boss key shortcut and hides the window. CTRL+`continues acting as boss key even if i change the hotkey from CTRL+` to whatever else.

The same happens with CTRL+F1 / CTRL+F2 for Snap screen tool. I have disabled the hotkeys in maxthon for CTRL+F1 and CTRL+F2 because i use a different tool for that, yet maxthon continues to hijack the hotkeys and activates the snap screen tool then the hotkey is pressed.

Hi sajphon, this known issue will be fixed as soon as possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

Problem seems to be partially fixed in 6.1.2.1700.

Maxthon no longer hijacks the CTRL+` when Boss key is disabled. But now, even if the boss key is set to a different combination, CTRL+` still acts like the boss key together with the new combination.

image.png.576d1feddb3db4d3554c4c5cd2839c15.png

8 hours ago, sajphon said:

Problem seems to be partially fixed in 6.1.2.1700.

Maxthon no longer hijacks the CTRL+` when Boss key is disabled. But now, even if the boss key is set to a different combination, CTRL+` still acts like the boss key together with the new combination.

image.png.576d1feddb3db4d3554c4c5cd2839c15.png

Hi sajphon, thank you for your feedback. Bug reported. ?

Archived