Maxthon 6 remains in task manager after closing it

Hello,

Today I noticed something weird. Yesterday I closed MX6 but today when I check the task manager I saw Mx6 still in the memory (see the attached file).

Someone can explain to me why MX6 is not able to clear the memory?

Thank you in advance

MX6 memory.PNG

3 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

This might be related to clearing browsing history / temp folder?
I noticed that when setting "clean on exit" of all the options (my setting), 3 Maxthon processes remain open and take a while to clear the temp folder before closing down.

Hi there, could you try this issue in the latest version 6.1.2.1305?

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes6/v6121305-r70/

11 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Still happening.
3 processes, only 1 seems active with ~120mb in memory. Close after 30 seconds or so?

Thank you for your help! Could you reproduce this issue frequently? Or is it only happened after the crash?

3 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

There's no crash.
It happens every time I close the app in a normal manner.

My *ASSUMPTION* was that it's the process that clears the temporary folder/history/etc' after the app is closed.

Hi there, thank you for your help! I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced.

Could you try this issue in the fresh portable version? https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.1305_beta_x64.zip

It would be appreciated if you could provide me a video of it. I will forward the video to the dev team.

Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

I'm not sure what is there to record.
Basically all I do is close the app normally (X button), after which the app is closed with all the tab instances/processes, with the exception of the following 3 processes:

image.thumb.png.6cde5bd49a5e38d7720e03584508ffdf.png

These remain there for ~30 seconds or so and then they are gone as well.

Again, iterating the point that I believe those are responsible for the "clear after exit" functionality.
This happens with the portable version as well.

On 6/5/2021 at 4:18 PM, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Again, iterating the point that I believe those are responsible for the "clear after exit" functionality.

Hi there, thank you for your reply.? You mean the issue won't happen if you uncheck "auto-clear?"

On 6/7/2021 at 6:38 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, thank you for your reply.? You mean the issue won't happen if you uncheck "auto-clear?"

So after testing a little bit (repeating the process several times in different situation with the auto-clear on and off), I was mistaken.
It seems to happen only when Maxthon was open for a while and not directly related to auto-clear.
If Maxthon is open fresh and closed after a short time, it doesn't happen either way.

On 6/9/2021 at 2:49 PM, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

So after testing a little bit (repeating the process several times in different situation with the auto-clear on and off), I was mistaken.
It seems to happen only when Maxthon was open for a while and not directly related to auto-clear.
If Maxthon is open fresh and closed after a short time, it doesn't happen either way.

Hi there, thank you for your help!:5884970a7da3a_1:

Could you open the task manager, right-click on Name, then check Command line? If you experience this issue again, please expand the Command line to let us view it. Then we can confirm which process caused this issue.

Command Line.jpgMaxthon Snap20210609184614.png

21 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

This is from the portable version 6.1.2.1400
There used to be three, but now it seems there's only 2:

image.png

Hi TheWhitestOfFangs, thank you so much! According to your command line, this issue caused by the crash.

Could you compress the crash folder and log file, then send the compress package to me?

crash and log.jpg

Archived