×

Give a tip

MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.1200


BugSir006
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • BugSir006 changed the title to MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.1200

+ Adjusted the right-click menu of the tab and the bookmark bar

VERY, MANY THANX!!! This is very convenient and faster!

:5884970a7da3a_1:

Only at the end of the list it says - "More", the rest of the bookmark list is missing ((

In the 5th version, you can scroll through all the bookmarks further to the right the whole list...

Edited by UserMx5
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) when i press the "mute site" choice, it mutes all tabs that show the same site: if i have 3 tabs of youtube and 2 of vimeo, and i mute one tab of youtube then all the tabs that show youtube will be muted.
2) unlike MX5 i can not mute site by pressing the volume icon on the tab.
3) when i move the mouse over a floting video (youtube floting video), the video become darker.
4) where can i find the "mute all" button\icon, like in MX5.
5) unlike MX5, the floating video does not have frame that when you double click on it, it will resize into full screen.

beside that, great improvement, faster load

thank you for great job

Edited by yyakob1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I click Download Manager no function. Have to go right click to open download manager. Please fix it. Thanks

image.png

Edited by Bosco
  • Like 2
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bosco said:

When I click Download Manager no function. Have to go right click to open download manager. Please fix it. Thanks

image.png

I had this bug in previous versions but in this one it became working again...

Also would be good to show download file size when I click on some file and download dialog shows like in was in MX5. And bug with "download failed" in download list when I click cancel download still exists!

Edited by suphamster
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bosco said:

When I click Download Manager no function. Have to go right click to open download manager. Please fix it. Thanks

image.png

Try the portable version to see if it's a problem with Maxthon not an extension 

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.1200 (64-bit) 0521

When installing, after downloading from within previous Mx6, which is still running, the installer doesn't shut Mx6 during install, so after, there's 2 running copies, one old & one new (this is an old bug, still not fixed)

The account avatar still isn't shown.

Would quite like Mx5 style status bar back with CPU, RAM & network usage & IP details - always found this useful.

When there's a download in progress & one tries to shut the last one tab (which would just drop back to Quick Launch), a message pops up saying there's a download in progress & asks if you want to continue the download or exit.  Since Mx6 doesn't exit on shutting the last tab (for which I'm grateful as can't stand browsers that do that!), there shouldn't be such prompt.  Bug has been there for a few versions (I've already reported), but still not fixed.

Any update on Quick Launch thumbnails?

Current Mx6 beta is almost good enough to install on customer's computers, but these last few little issues still mean we'd get too many support calls or complaints.  Over the last 20 odd years, we've installed Maxthon to many 1000's of customer's computers, but haven't been able to do so for over a year now.  Have had customers who HAD to change from Mx5 as websites were saying it's too old or not supported (which is mostly true), but we can't yet recommend Mx6 (having to go with Opera as obviously can't be recommending Chrome or Firefox due to high infection rates we see with both).

  • Like 2
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2021 at 11:15 PM, UserMx5 said:

Only at the end of the list it says - "More", the rest of the bookmark list is missing ((

In the 5th version, you can scroll through all the bookmarks further to the right the whole list...

Recorded. ?

On 5/22/2021 at 9:25 AM, Bosco said:

When I click Download Manager no function. Have to go right click to open download manager. Please fix it. Thanks

image.png

Hi Bosco, how many download records do you have?

On 5/22/2021 at 12:36 PM, suphamster said:

And bug with "download failed" in download list when I click cancel download still exists!

This known issue will be solved as soon as possible. ?

  • Thanks 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 3:27 PM, JoeRee1968 said:

The bookmark manager is missing!

Hi there, you could uncheck this "show bookmark button," then you could see this Bookmarks button in menu.

Maxthon Snap20210524160033.pngMaxthon Snap20210524160059.png

On 5/22/2021 at 3:27 PM, JoeRee1968 said:

And some kind of "mess" in the main menu: items are superimposed on one another.

This known issue is still being analyzed. ?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, MichaelC362 said:

When installing, after downloading from within previous Mx6, which is still running, the installer doesn't shut Mx6 during install, so after, there's 2 running copies, one old & one new (this is an old bug, still not fixed)

Hi there, after installing, could you view this window regarding restarting the browser?

Maxthon Snap20210524163759.png

On 5/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, MichaelC362 said:

The account avatar still isn't shown.

Could you provide me a screenshot of this issue?

On 5/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Would quite like Mx5 style status bar back with CPU, RAM & network usage & IP details - always found this useful.

This request has been reported to the product team. ?

On 5/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, MichaelC362 said:

When there's a download in progress & one tries to shut the last one tab (which would just drop back to Quick Launch), a message pops up saying there's a download in progress & asks if you want to continue the download or exit.  Since Mx6 doesn't exit on shutting the last tab (for which I'm grateful as can't stand browsers that do that!), there shouldn't be such prompt.  Bug has been there for a few versions (I've already reported), but still not fixed.

This issue has been fixed. If you still experience it, please send a video to me. ?

On 5/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Any update on Quick Launch thumbnails?

We will add the screenshot option to the future version.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

In reply...

No, don't see that message, just 2 running copies, both old & new. Knowing this hasn't worked ever on Mx6, I generally exit current Mx6 before installing new version, but check occasionally to see if fixed & wasn't with latest.

There is just as default Maxthon avatar, not my custom one, which is shown in account profile.

Still get the download issue, so hasn't yet been fixed as of Version 6.1.2.1200 (64-bit) 0521 (installed, not portable)

Also Mx5 showed download window of previous/recent downloads, BEFORE browse window displayed, so one could see if downloading the same thing twice (for example)... Mx6 doesn't & the downloaded list is still a popup, rather than window, meaning have to repeatedly open it to goto next folder to check/remove old copies - very tedious!

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Still get the download issue, so hasn't yet been fixed as of Version 6.1.2.1200 (64-bit) 0521 (installed, not portable)

Hi MichaelC, I tried to test this issue many times in the latest version 6.1.2.1200 but haven't reproduced it. Could you provide me a video?

19 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Also Mx5 showed download window of previous/recent downloads, BEFORE browse window displayed, so one could see if downloading the same thing twice (for example)... Mx6 doesn't & the downloaded list is still a popup, rather than window, meaning have to repeatedly open it to goto next folder to check/remove old copies - very tedious!

We will optimize the download function in the future version. ?

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for new version. Nothing is missing, I'm vry happy with Maxthon's performance. Now I ask for little feature. Edge have shortkey for Mute/unmute site (Ctrl+M), can you add Mute and Unmute site in Shortcut management?

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.1200 (64-bit) 0521 (installed)

When clicking 'open', rather than 'download' in the download manager (a MUCH requested feature that Mx5 had), instead of downloading to the 'temp' folder & opened/run, the download is saved to the last used download folder & opened/run!

Obviously, that's bad in so many ways as it won't get deleted automatically or via any disc cleanup & would be included with other files in the same folder when copying/sending to other devices, potentially, a major privacy issue too!

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.1200 (64-bit) 0521 (installed)

When clicking 'open', rather than 'download' in the download manager (a MUCH requested feature that Mx5 had), instead of downloading to the 'temp' folder & opened/run, the download is saved to the last used download folder & opened/run!

Obviously, that's bad in so many ways as it won't get deleted automatically or via any disc cleanup & would be included with other files in the same folder when copying/sending to other devices, potentially, a major privacy issue too!

This issue will be fixed in the next version.?

On 5/26/2021 at 7:20 AM, dezinto said:

I said version is alright. I WAS WRONG. Lost passkeeper.

Hi dezinto, you mean you lost the password data of Passkeeper? Could you try to log in to uu.me then restore the data online?

backup of Passkeeper.png

On 5/26/2021 at 11:51 AM, Xahi4475 said:

Thanks for new version. Nothing is missing, I'm vry happy with Maxthon's performance. Now I ask for little feature. Edge have shortkey for Mute/unmute site (Ctrl+M), can you add Mute and Unmute site in Shortcut management?

Request recorded. ?

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

In AdBlock, at the bottom of the filters, it says:

Custom Filter Lists
Malware Domains [DEPRECATED - Please remove!]
updated 16 minutes ago updated on 27/05/2021, 15:27:48

I unticked it, thinking that would remove the deprecated item, but after it now shows a huge single block of text, which looks like the unicode version of the blocked domains
 

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 1:50 PM, Mhzayer said:

Try the portable version to see if it's a problem with Maxthon not an extension 

i uninstall and reinstall. It's fine. Thanks.

 

Hi. Can you bring back previous feature which is turn off sync?

image.png

Edited by Bosco
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Common Maxthon Dev's....  I want to come back to Maxthon and contribute to helping with Bugs and Improvements, but I NEED the Middle Tab Bar back...

I'm literally NOT using Maxthon because of that.  I stopped using Maxthon Classic when I could no longer use it anymore and could not switch to the standalone Maxthon because you never added the Middle Tab Bar back like Maxthon Classic had.  (as well as loss of good extension support).

Common guys, I keep checking here and still no middle tab bar.

Suggestion: Can you guys take one or two development cycles (weeks) and just mostly focus on "Quality of Life" improvements/suggestions like mine and others, so we can all mostly have what we need, and then focus back on bug fixes and development?

Thanks

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Mx6 crashes everytime I click on "Settings" when using the 64 bit portable version. Exe version is fine.

Hi Magdalene, could you provide me a video of this issue? It would be appreciated if you could send the dump file to me.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, zork said:

Switching Blink-IE modes causes the address bar to overlap with the page body.

Untitled-1.png.d7796f71c2ad9dcd8422042bcca523c4.png

Untitled-2.png

Hi Zork, thank you for your feedback. This known issue is still being analyzed. ?

On 5/30/2021 at 3:18 AM, leeuniverse said:

Common Maxthon Dev's....  I want to come back to Maxthon and contribute to helping with Bugs and Improvements, but I NEED the Middle Tab Bar back...

I'm literally NOT using Maxthon because of that.  I stopped using Maxthon Classic when I could no longer use it anymore and could not switch to the standalone Maxthon because you never added the Middle Tab Bar back like Maxthon Classic had.  (as well as loss of good extension support).

Common guys, I keep checking here and still no middle tab bar.

Suggestion: Can you guys take one or two development cycles (weeks) and just mostly focus on "Quality of Life" improvements/suggestions like mine and others, so we can all mostly have what we need, and then focus back on bug fixes and development?

Thanks

Request recorded. ?

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, dezinto said:

BugSir! Sure I tried. But it's handwork, - no restore option, just list...

Hi dezinto, you could hover on the list to view the recover button.

hover.jpg

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share