MX5 - Your account is abnormal

Hello!

About a 2 weeks I suffering from this error. Literally every MX5 launch browser shows me error message "Your account is abnormal" and suggest me to relogin. OK. I accept to relogin. Here lies a next problem: "Server is busy. Error: 5". Forcebly pressing retry aome time leads to successful login. Until I close browser and start again. Welocme to abnormal account ?

It looks like a problem on the Maxthon's side OR network connectivity problem.

How can I fix this error? I still need MX5 for work duties (needs to use Flash sometimes) so no MX6 migration.

Same problem here. Following the instructions to re-login doesn't fix the error.

I will not migrate to version 6 because of missing favorite tree at the left side. The menu is not OK for a collection of favorites, no search. 

3 hours ago, gmartau said:

I will not migrate to version 6 because of missing favorite tree at the left side. The menu is not OK for a collection of favorites, no search. 

I agree. But I found a viable solution in Bookmark Sidebar extension for Chrome and made my own Quick Access default page to be used.

I made the mistake to completely uninstall and reinstall the maxthon 5. After login the synchronization started and then failed. The downloaded favorites are about a half year old, most of the favorite folders are empty, duplicates, old deleted links. I suspect that the problem was generated when I tried first time the version 6. Since then, the version 5 did not synchronize, the abnormal account error was from about a month. Now version 5 fails also to synchronize, the sync favorites rotating icon don't stop or stop with an error message.

[update] I made the Windows 10 system restore and to my surprise the Maxthon 5 and its data was restored and now is working and in sync.

Archived