javascript bug in maxthon 6

gilluc

On the favorite bar i have a link like

javascript: window.open('https://xxx.yyy.com/addlink.php?tit='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)+'&url='+encodeURIComponent(document.URL), 'Add a Link', 'scrollbars=yes,menubar=no,width=620,height=620,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,screenX=200,screenY=100,left=200,top=100')

this worked like a charm on maxthon 5 and does not work anymore on maxthon 6.1.2.1000

the two fields of my window that should be filled by title and url of the current page are now empty...

it is really annoying

gilles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 1:32 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, thank you for your reply. ? I tried to test this issue on my end. Attached a video for your reference.

as you have no account on my bookmark manager, your try is not really a good try. see my videos. best regards gilles.

• 2 weeks later...

i have just seen that Maxthon 6 after a clic on my button, first create a new tab before executing the button script : that why my fields are empty !!

Just now, gilluc said:

i have just seen that Maxthon 6 after a clic on my button, first create a new tab before executing the button script : that why my fields are empty !!

solution would be : if protocol is "javascript:" do not create a new tab ...

Archived