MX6 PC Official Release 6.1.2.1000 (Build 0508)

BugSir006

Hey Maxers, 

Welcome to having a try of the brand new release!

Version 6.1.2.1000 Build (0508)

If you have the previous version of 6.1.2.1000, please download and update this latest version manually.

For the full release note and changelog: click here

Happy browser and leave your comment!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! Here is a problem with clear installing MX 6.1.2.1000:

After installing and sync my data, I was diapeared couse my start page with bookmarks on it was replaced by standart starting page... and it was also sync with my other devices. Now I have lost my starting page...

Hello!

Maxthon Version 6.1.2.900 (64-bit) 0424 didn't notify me about the update & when manually getting it to check, said there was an update, but went to Version 6.1.2.905 (64-bit) 0428, NOT 6.1.2.1000 & now says it's up-to-date.

I'm seeing very strange duplication of jobs listed in Download Manager. They're only downloading once each, but two here are showing twice. I note the bottom two have stopped progressing, with their duplicates at the top showing the download progress instead.

image.png

17 hours ago, AaronX said:

I'm seeing very strange duplication of jobs listed in Download Manager. They're only downloading once each, but two here are showing twice. I note the bottom two have stopped progressing, with their duplicates at the top showing the download progress instead.

same issue here

I installed Version 6.1.2.1000(64-bit) 0430 and all my passwords disappeared. I logged in the web version of Passkeeper. It says, I have 12 saved passwords (from more than 700) and "Latest edit:2020-06-21 21:11 ". I tried to restore from backup. First time I recieved a message that restore failed. On any subsequent attempts nothing is happened.

Passkeeper_20215285449.png

Maxthon U+_20215285726.png

P.S. I restored from 30.04.2021 in Mx6.1.2.900 (last picture). All yesterday's backups were broken. 

Maxthon Snap20210502120526.png

I had 6.1.2.905 installed and my Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut was assigned to "New Incognito Window". After I upgraded to 6.1.2.1000 Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut was reset to "Paste and Open". It happened in few versions already. Please either fix shortcut resetting or make Ctrl+Shift+N to be "New Incognito Window" by default, as it is mapped in other browsers (Chrome, Edge).

On 5/1/2021 at 4:22 PM, MichaelC362 said:

Hello (again)!

Manually installed 6.1.2.1000... installed ok, but wouldn't load at all!

Restarted PC, but the same.

Installed 6.1.2.900, manually forced update to 6.1.2.905 & that works ok, but still say up-to-date.

Hi MichaelC362, can you try installing the latest version through this link again? 

https://dl.maxthon.cn/mx6/maxthon_6.1.2.1000_x64.exe

On 5/1/2021 at 5:34 PM, suphamster said:

Manually updating from 801 portable to this crashed all extensions permanently... Also I tired of getting sometimes blank page at start instead of last session - fix this please (happens when there a lot of tabs before closing MX6)!

Hi suphamster, could you kindly provide us with the crash data?

On 5/2/2021 at 5:56 AM, observer said:

I installed Version 6.1.2.1000(64-bit) 0430 and all my passwords disappeared. I logged in the web version of Passkeeper. It says, I have 12 saved passwords (from more than 700) and "Latest edit:2020-06-21 21:11 ". I tried to restore from backup. First time I recieved a message that restore failed. On any subsequent attempts nothing is happened.

Passkeeper_20215285449.png

Maxthon U+_20215285726.png

P.S. I restored from 30.04.2021 in Mx6.1.2.900 (last picture). All yesterday's backups were broken. 

Maxthon Snap20210502120526.png

Same here! I had to restore a backup from Maxthon servers!

On 5/2/2021 at 4:56 PM, observer said:

Hi observer, can we have your uid so that we could check for you?

16 hours ago, gazumba said:

Same here! I had to restore a backup from Maxthon servers!

Hi gazumba, could you kindly provide us with your uid so that we could check for you?

6 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi observer, can we have your uid so that we could check for you?

Hi gazumba, could you kindly provide us with your uid so that we could check for you?

gazumba3233864

Thanks in advance! Note that after I restored from Passkeeper server, my PWs are running fine. So, it is not necessarely restore again. Just verify why the PW was not loaded.

13 hours ago, gazumba said:

gazumba3233864

Thanks in advance! Note that after I restored from Passkeeper server, my PWs are running fine. So, it is not necessarely restore again. Just verify why the PW was not loaded.

Hi gazumba, sure we will check on the issue.

11 hours ago, grisp1 said:

@BugSir009, with this build I'm unable to login to my Netgear router, getting this message instead of standard account/password popup:

image.png.1e35879a2c0056ced5d2b43809062f37.png

image.png.e37835360fe1596e01b66a1c5bf99269.png

Hi grisp1, would like to ask if this error only occur in MX6 browser? Any issue if you try with other browser? Also, did you download any extension?

9 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi grisp1, would like to ask if this error only occur in MX6 browser? Any issue if you try with other browser? Also, did you download any extension?

It's working fine in Chrome and Firefox (the page appears there only if I click "Cancel" in the login popup). I do have a few 3rd party extensions installed: Honey, Ad Block (disabled for the website) and Torguard VPN (off at the moment).

8 hours ago, grisp1 said:

It's working fine in Chrome and Firefox (the page appears there only if I click "Cancel" in the login popup). I do have a few 3rd party extensions installed: Honey, Ad Block (disabled for the website) and Torguard VPN (off at the moment).

Hello

I would like to suggest to you to try checking it with MX portable to see if it behaves the same as the installed version
If it behaves the same then the problem has to do with Maxthon itself

1 hour ago, Mhzayer said:

Hello

I would like to suggest to you to try checking it with MX portable to see if it behaves the same as the installed version
If it behaves the same then the problem has to do with Maxthon itself

Hello. Thanks for the idea. I made a few tests and found that the issue is related to the Torguard VPN extension - somehow it affects the way how login dialog loads.

13 minutes ago, grisp1 said:

Hello. Thanks for the idea. I made a few tests and found that the issue is related to the Torguard VPN extension - somehow it affects the way how login dialog loads.

Good to know that

14 hours ago, 9441761 said:

Will there be an update, so that when downloading a file, there is an option we can choose "open" the file instead of forcing us to download it to local folder please?

Hi 9441761, thank you for your suggestion. The product team will consider adding this function to the future version.

Hello BugSir/Maxthon staff, has the aforementioned problem with Passkeeper data loss been understood and fixed by now? Is it safe now to upgrade to this MX6 release or do you suggest to those who have not yet upgraded to 6.1.2.1000 to take some precautionary measures to prevent us from manually rebuilding password databases on several machines?

Hello!

Used your alternate link to download Mx6.1.2.1000 (64-bit) 0430 & that now loads ok.

I have a shortcut in the task bar & if Maxthon isn't running, that loads it ok, but if Maxthon is minimized to tray, then the shortcut doesn't bring it to foreground (worked with previous beta), only the tray icon now works.

Once again, I need to report auto-update still doesn't work & neither does the auto-rename when downloading a file that already exists, unless the destination folder has previously been parsed in this session.

Hello (again)!

I see Opera, Brave & Vivaldi have all updated today to the newer Chromium base... how far behind are you planning on keeping Mx6?

If core, plugins & user agent are not up-to-date websites start reporting the browser as being out-of-date &, in some cases, one can't proceed!

• BugSir006 changed the title to MX6 PC Official Release 6.1.2.1000 (Build 0508)
  • BugSir006 unpinned this topic

Archived