MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.900

BugSir006

23 minutes ago, MrChat said:

In other browsers (Chrome, Edge) there are 2 hotkeys to open new browser window:

1. Ctrl+N - to open new browser window

2. Ctrl+Shift+N - to open new incognito window

The same was supported by MX6 till version 6.1.0.2300.

However after that Ctrl+Shift+N hotkey stopped working. Please reinstate Ctrl+Shift+N hotkey to open incognito window again.

Hi there, to customize the shortcuts, you can open the browser menu (Alt+F) > Settings > Mouse Gesture > Shortcut management > More shortcuts

Maxthon Snap20210429211953.png

1 hour ago, avegaweiss said:

This is the second monitor, but issue is the same even if second monitor is unplugged.

Thank you for your information. This issue has been reported to the dev team. ?

4 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, to customize the shortcuts, you can open the browser menu (Alt+F) > Settings > Mouse Gesture > Shortcut management > More shortcuts

Maxthon Snap20210429211953.png

Thanks for checking this.

I agree it is possible to re-assign the shortcut. But my point is  Ctrl+Shift+N hotkey is kind of standard to open incognito window in modern browsers and should come bound to "New private window" by default when installing MX. I checked in few MX6 portable versions starting with 6.1.2.905 and going back and only 6.1.0.2300 had this binding as default.

27 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

I installed the latest beta 6.1.2.905 and after I restarted it I lost all my pinned tabs
I had to reopen them from history which is a pain why don't you add open all checked tabs from history 

history.png

Hi Mhzayer, thank you for your feedback. Can you provide us with a video of the lost pinned tabs?

We have forwarded your suggestion for the Add Open to the development team for their consideration to add it in.

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Mhzayer, thank you for your feedback. Can you provide us with a video of the lost pinned tabs?

I wasn't expecting it to happen so how can I reproduce it?
That means I have to uninstall this new version then install older version then reinstall the newer version again to see if it happens or not
That would be tiresome
It happened so I mentioned it after I discovered it
Maybe now a new user is going to record it for you

And do you have our suggestions to you prioritized or at least recorded as numbered suggestions 
so we can hope that they're not forgotten and maybe one day are going to be introduced 

1 hour ago, Mhzayer said:

I wasn't expecting it to happen so how can I reproduce it?
That means I have to uninstall this new version then install older version then reinstall the newer version again to see if it happens or not
That would be tiresome
It happened so I mentioned it after I discovered it
Maybe now a new user is going to record it for you

Hi Mhzayer, we tried to do the testing on our end but couldn't reproduce the same issue. We will still note it down and flag out to our team if same problem occurs.

1 hour ago, Mhzayer said:

And do you have our suggestions to you prioritized or at least recorded as numbered suggestions 
so we can hope that they're not forgotten and maybe one day are going to be introduced 

Yes, please be assured that all feedbacks and suggestion are recorded and taken into consideration by our team.

21 hours ago, avegaweiss said:

This is the second monitor, but issue is the same even if second monitor is unplugged.

image.png.a998944310c2a28231e1c53cd1732c31.png

Hi there, are you still experiencing this issue if you only use the first monitor? Could you send a screenshot to us when you only use the first monitor?

And why the scale of your scale setting is gray? Could you let us know how to set it? How about the latest version 6.1.2.905

On 4/29/2021 at 6:35 AM, BugSir009 said:

And one more note:
In version 5, the button for opening closed tabs had a drop-down list of closed pages.
And in this version, you can open only one, the last tab. Is it possible to return this function somehow?

In Maxthon 6, we have this button to open the selected tabs.

image.png

I wrote not about this button, which you showed in the screenshot, but about it in my screenshots:

MX5 and MX6

MX5.png

MX6.png

On 4/29/2021 at 6:35 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Poizon, this is not an error. It belongs to the product design. In Maxthon 6, the previous function of last session has been removed. It will only record the very last session.

And you also misunderstood by the opening window of the last session, I will probably record a video and show it to you.

35 minutes ago, Poizon said:

So, here's a video about the "last session" bugs:

And one more thing, why it was impossible to return the top line to the start page, it was convenient.
As in the screenshot.

1817581558_20210502004431.thumb.png.7b9f6960c61a58852ae6fcffe567c3fe.png

Да бесит глючная последняя сессия - в 5й версии намного лучше было реализовано. Кстати у тебя в истории тоже 2 или 3 дня только последних показывает, а то я устал уже бороться с разрабами ибо они говорят, что типа это я такой невезучий, а у них всё ОК?

On 5/2/2021 at 5:57 AM, Poizon said:

So, here's a video about the "last session" bugs:

Hi Poizon, thank you for your video. As what I have mentioned before, this is not a bug but an updated version. MX6 is different from MX5 with regards to this 'last session'. It will not reflect all the previous sites history but only the very last session recorded. Which is why after you close the browser without visiting any sites, the next session did not capture any 'last session'.

I will forward your request for this last session and the top line shortcuts to the development team for their consideration :)

Hi, BugSir009,

Thank you for information about different behavior of last session in MX6. I want to agree with Poizon and others, and ask you to back to the behavior last session of MX6 like it was in MX5. It is probably the main reason why I choose MX my default browser. It has many other cool functions, but this is my favorite. And will be great if it will independent file with possibility to copying from one MX user data folder to another. Thanks:)

9 hours ago, anokas said:

Hi, BugSir009,

Thank you for information about different behavior of last session in MX6. I want to agree with Poizon and others, and ask you to back to the behavior last session of MX6 like it was in MX5. It is probably the main reason why I choose MX my default browser. It has many other cool functions, but this is my favorite. And will be great if it will independent file with possibility to copying from one MX user data folder to another. Thanks:)

Hi anokas, noted on your feedback. I will let the development team know :)

On 5/2/2021 at 1:36 AM, suphamster said:

Кстати у тебя в истории тоже 2 или 3 дня только последних показывает, а то я устал уже бороться с разрабами ибо они говорят, что типа это я такой невезучий, а у них всё ОК?

Точно так же, иногда даже не 2-3 дня а один!

14 hours ago, JoeRee1968 said:

You still haven't answered, will this be fixed?

Hi JoeRee1968, the mx://flags is the same as the chrome://flags

"Flags are experimental in nature and aren't really intended for users. The features they manage may be broken, missing, unreliable, or cause unintended side-effects. It's best to avoid setting any flags unless you know precisely what you're doing - and resetting all flags to their default state should always be troubleshooting step number one."

If/when such features become reliable enough for daily use then they will be promoted to the main Maxthon Settings. ?

On 5/9/2021 at 10:34 AM, Waras said:

Im having some issues updating to new versions, why it doesnt auto update to the newest versions? updater usually stays silent even though its marked to auto update.

Hi Waras, if you have previously downloaded version 6.1.2.1000, then it wouldn't auto update to this latest version. The latest version requires manual update.

Archived