MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.900

BugSir006

Thanks. But still missing some old issues:

- drag&drop support from download manager and some option to left downloaded file on bottom of screen (like chrome does)

- snap screen still 'shrinks' display image while active (aprox 75%), showing part of the second monitor.

9 hours ago, avegaweiss said:

- snap screen still 'shrinks' display image while active (aprox 75%), showing part of the second monitor.

Hi there, could you let me know the display settings of your device? Such as the scale and resolution.

It would be appreciated if you can provide me a video of this issue. ?

9 hours ago, Foo Bar said:

Hi there, this request has been reported the product team. ?

Could you provide a bit more of information about these 2 features?

+ Search results can open in the new tab when pressing Shift, then searching the keyword in the search box
+ Pressing Ctrl/Shift/Alt, then clicking the close button to exit the browser

16 minutes ago, Arcan said:

Could you provide a bit more of information about these 2 features?

+ Search results can open in the new tab when pressing Shift, then searching the keyword in the search box
+ Pressing Ctrl/Shift/Alt, then clicking the close button to exit the browser

:Smiling_with_Sweat_Emoji_Icon_42x42:

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25155-m6-form-shift-submit-behaviour/

https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25456-close-to-system-tray-please/&do=findComment&comment=134414

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, could you let me know the display settings of your device? Such as the scale and resolution.

It would be appreciated if you can provide me a video of this issue. ?

Hi there, this request has been reported the product team. ?

Not a video, just two screenshots:

First one using windows clipping tool

Second one, using Snap Srcreen.  Note that image size are equal. On the second image,  large blank part is in the bottom/right. When I open the image from the forum, mx not display the blank part. Open the images with some image tool to see the actual missing part.

The blue image from the right is my second monitor image coming in.

If I unplug the monitor, same result, but blank instead of image (as the bottom part of the image)

Last image, my display settings.

image.thumb.png.2596f38b2c846e217946f3c7d34876dd.png

image.thumb.png.ea92ce2ed650ebe05be60b881f04b9b2.png

image.png.5dfd8813170069cc0da45cd730df8ef4.png

12 hours ago, avegaweiss said:

Not a video, just two screenshots:

First one using windows clipping tool

Second one, using Snap Srcreen.  Note that image size are equal. On the second image,  large blank part is in the bottom/right. When I open the image from the forum, mx not display the blank part. Open the images with some image tool to see the actual missing part.

The blue image from the right is my second monitor image coming in.

If I unplug the monitor, same result, but blank instead of image (as the bottom part of the image)

Last image, my display settings.

image.thumb.png.2596f38b2c846e217946f3c7d34876dd.png

image.thumb.png.ea92ce2ed650ebe05be60b881f04b9b2.png

image.png.5dfd8813170069cc0da45cd730df8ef4.png

Thank you for your reply. ? Would you let us know the display settings of another monitor?

11 hours ago, Bosco said:

Can you fix minimize and maximize bug? There shows both.

Maxthon Snap20210425233520.png

Thank you! Issue reported. ?

28 minutes ago, caligula73 said:

when to expect?

Безымянный.png

Hi Caligula73, these options are not available in Maxthon 6 browser. But the product team will consider adding this function to the future version. Currently, we will not be able to advise on the specific dates for the addition. 

Hello!

Mx6 Version: 6.1.2.900 (64-bit) 0424

I see in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Default\Backups there are (auto-created?) backups for BookMarks, Login Data, MagicFill & QuickAccess... how are these managed?

For me:

BookMarks=18 entries going back to 7th April 2021

Login Data=134 entries going back to 16th November 2020

MagicFill=9 entries going back to 17th April 2021

QuickAccess=18 entries going back to 7th April 2021

Over time, will these just keep taking more & more disc space or are they auto-deleted after a certain quantity or time & how are there discrepancies for how many & how far back mine are?

I also had an issue (today & once only, never before) with the download manager unable to completely clear the download list... clicked 'clear all records' many times, but most of the list remained. Exit Mx6, reload & re-check & the list was empty without having to click clear, meaning it simply wasn't updated.

The auto-rename for existing files of the same name still doesn't work unless the destination folder has already been parsed... Since we may download dozens of programs every day (to keep a 'software library' up-to-date) this is getting tiresome now as it worked fine in Mx5.

Obviously, the auto-update for beta version still doesn't work!

On 4/27/2021 at 6:02 AM, Poizon said:

Hi, when will you return the "screenshot" instead of the "block color" to the first tab?
Also, will the "translate page" or "translate selected text" button be returned?

Hi Poizon, we will add the screenshot option to the future version but cannot confirmed on the exact date.

As for translate button, high likely not. We recommend users to install the translation extension from the web store. The Chrome extensions are available for Maxthon 6 browser.

12 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

I also had an issue (today & once only, never before) with the download manager unable to completely clear the download list... clicked 'clear all records' many times, but most of the list remained. Exit Mx6, reload & re-check & the list was empty without having to click clear, meaning it simply wasn't updated.

I tried to test this issue in version 6.1.2.900, but haven't reproduced it. Attached a video for you.

13 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

The auto-rename for existing files of the same name still doesn't work unless the destination folder has already been parsed... Since we may download dozens of programs every day (to keep a 'software library' up-to-date) this is getting tiresome now as it worked fine in Mx5.

This issue has been reported to the dev team. 

Obviously, the auto-update for beta version still doesn't work!

Issue reported. 

I see in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Default\Backups there are (auto-created?) backups for BookMarks, Login Data, MagicFill & QuickAccess... how are these managed?

For me:

BookMarks=18 entries going back to 7th April 2021

Login Data=134 entries going back to 16th November 2020

MagicFill=9 entries going back to 17th April 2021

QuickAccess=18 entries going back to 7th April 2021

Over time, will these just keep taking more & more disc space or are they auto-deleted after a certain quantity or time & how are there discrepancies for how many & how far back mine are?

The auto-backup function will be optimized in the future version. The backup file of quick access and bookmark will be deleted automatically after 20 days; the backup file of the magic fill will be deleted automatically after 10 days. Magic Fill and Login Data are repeated backup files; this issue will be fixed in the future version. The backup file will be created automatically every day, with 100 files at most.

Is it possible to make the Cut, Copy, etc. buttons a bit wider? In Russian and many other languages the words do not fit in the size and the whole menu looks ugly. It's also a good idea to reduce the line spacing. The menu is stretched. Such wide strings are unnecessary.

Untitled-1.png.5b5eff111fcb79fceecc4706671139c5.png

40 minutes ago, zork said:

Is it possible to make the Cut, Copy, etc. buttons a bit wider? In Russian and many other languages the words do not fit in the size and the whole menu looks ugly. It's also a good idea to reduce the line spacing. The menu is stretched. Such wide strings are unnecessary.

Thank you for your feedback. This issue has been reported the dev team, it will be optimized in the future version. ?

Hello. discovered another error.
If you close the browser with open pages and open it again, the page with the last session will open.
But if you close the page with the last session again, then everything disappears, the main page opens. In version 5, I could leave the page with the last session as many times as I wanted.

And one more note:
In version 5, the button for opening closed tabs had a drop-down list of closed pages.
And in this version, you can open only one, the last tab. Is it possible to return this function somehow?

6 hours ago, Poizon said:

Hello. discovered another error.
If you close the browser with open pages and open it again, the page with the last session will open.
But if you close the page with the last session again, then everything disappears, the main page opens. In version 5, I could leave the page with the last session as many times as I wanted.

Hi Poizon, this is not an error. It belongs to the product design. In Maxthon 6, the previous function of last session has been removed. It will only record the very last session.

6 hours ago, Poizon said:

And one more note:
In version 5, the button for opening closed tabs had a drop-down list of closed pages.
And in this version, you can open only one, the last tab. Is it possible to return this function somehow?

In Maxthon 6, we have this button to open the selected tabs.

image.png

4 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Poizon, this is not an error. It belongs to the product design. In Maxthon 6, the previous function of last session has been removed. It will only record the very last session.

I thought that it will be fixed.

On 3/29/2021 at 7:26 AM, BugSir006 said:

Suggestion recorded. ?

In other browsers (Chrome, Edge) there are 2 hotkeys to open new browser window:

1. Ctrl+N - to open new browser window

2. Ctrl+Shift+N - to open new incognito window

The same was supported by MX6 till version 6.1.0.2300.

However after that Ctrl+Shift+N hotkey stopped working. Please reinstate Ctrl+Shift+N hotkey to open incognito window again.

Archived