Give a tip

Mx6 6.1.2.6, favorites (bookmarks) have disappeared!

Good afternoon.
Mx6 6.1.2.6. My favorites (bookmarks) have disappeared! When I tried to add a tab to my favorites, Maxthon crashed and when I restarted all my favorites disappeared. Moreover, the deletion was naturally synced to the cloud, and now I have no favorites anywhere at all!
Is it possible to restore from some backup, perhaps from the cloud? 

I found the folder "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Default\Backups\BookMarks", where apparently backups are stored, but it is not clear how to restore :(.

Edited by Brutalligent
tag
Tip   Give
  • Brutalligent changed the title to Mx6 6.1.2.6, favorites (bookmarks) have disappeared!
10 hours ago, Brutalligent said:

Good afternoon.
Mx6 6.1.2.6. My favorites (bookmarks) have disappeared! When I tried to add a tab to my favorites, Maxthon crashed and when I restarted all my favorites disappeared. Moreover, the deletion was naturally synced to the cloud, and now I have no favorites anywhere at all!
Is it possible to restore from some backup, perhaps from the cloud? 

I found the folder "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Default\Backups\BookMarks", where apparently backups are stored, but it is not clear how to restore :(.

Hi Brutalligent, you could restore your favorites by using this method: https://rongjiecomputer.github.io/chrome/bookmark-recovery/#windows

Maxthon 6 bookmark management is the same as the Chrome browser. Hope this info helps :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Tip   Give
On 4/22/2021 at 8:48 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Brutalligent, you could restore your favorites by using this method: https://rongjiecomputer.github.io/chrome/bookmark-recovery/#windows

Maxthon 6 bookmark management is the same as the Chrome browser. Hope this info helps :)

Hello.
Thank you for your help! I managed to restore my bookmarks on my own.
you can use this manual "How to restore bookmarks" with my comments on it!

• Thanks 1
Tip   Give