Resource Sniff not prompting for filename

Downloading media files through Resource Sniff prompts to select the folder to save to (great!), but not the file name to save as. 

I'm not sure if this is a bug or as-designed, but it's not helpful! I'm currently trying to download some videos that are stored in AWS and come through a proxy service from the host website, resulting in all being saved as proxy.mp4. This means I can't run multiple downloads at the same time without putting them in different folders, which is a real pain.

If it could prompt the user for the file name to save the file(s) as, especially when downloading only one from any given page, that'd be ideal.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:27 PM, AaronX said:

I'm currently trying to download some videos that are stored in AWS and come through a proxy service from the host website, resulting in all being saved as proxy.mp4. This means I can't run multiple downloads at the same time without putting them in different folders, which is a real pain.

Hi there, can't they automatically rename the files as the proxy(1).mp4, proxy(2).mp4, proxy(3).mp4, et cetera?

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, can't they automatically rename the files as the proxy(1).mp4, proxy(2).mp4, proxy(3).mp4, et cetera?

Good point. I've not tried, but presumably so. It'd be much nicer to be able to name them properly at the point of download though. And easier to know what is what, as you're usually downloading from a page that has the video name on it. To end up with a load of proxy*.mp4 and having to sort through them again and check what needs what name is less ideal.

1 hour ago, AaronX said:

Good point. I've not tried, but presumably so. It'd be much nicer to be able to name them properly at the point of download though. And easier to know what is what, as you're usually downloading from a page that has the video name on it. To end up with a load of proxy*.mp4 and having to sort through them again and check what needs what name is less ideal.

Hi there, currently, the rename function of the Resource Sniffer is not available. But this request has been reported to the product and the dev team. ?

Archived