MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.801

BugSir006

18 hours ago, suphamster said:

No, I've tryed this link on 4 different browsers, frome home and work, using VPN (USA and UK) and nothing happens (just rolling circle in the middle of white blank page). I just don't believe that it doesn't work just for me only even with VPN...

Could you let me know your IP address? You can send private message to me.

16 hours ago, Foo Bar said:

The Incognito mention has disappeared from menu bar ; that not obvious to know if Incognito Mode is active or not ?

2099438883_Capturedcran2021-04-19135406.png.ff498d25f140a4ff5412e739aea704a1.png

Issue reported. ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, try to restart the browser then update again, please. 

I found that my firewall was blocking the update check. When I allowed the update then was downloaded the file maxthon_6.1.2.801_beta_x64.exe, but I don't need an installer, I will wait for the portable version.

51 minutes ago, mxuser said:

I found that my firewall was blocking the update check. When I allowed the update then was downloaded the file maxthon_6.1.2.801_beta_x64.exe, but I don't need an installer, I will wait for the portable version.

Hi there, 

64-bit portable version: https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.801_beta_x64.zip

32-bit portable version: https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.801_beta_x86.zip

3 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Why does the download file still say 6.1.2.800 instead of 801?

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

8 minutes ago, mxuser said:

the same ...800...

5 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I tried in Edge and in Maxthon and both give me the same result.

64-bit

Install Version: https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_6.1.2.801_beta_x64.exe

Portable Version: https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.801_beta_x64.zip

32-bit

Install Version: https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_6.1.2.801_beta_x86.exe

Portable Version: https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.801_beta_x86.zip

How about now?

2 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

64-bit

Install Version: https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_6.1.2.801_beta_x64.exe

Portable Version: https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.801_beta_x64.zip

32-bit

Install Version: https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_6.1.2.801_beta_x86.exe

Portable Version: https://dl.maxthon.com/mx6/maxthon_portable_6.1.2.801_beta_x86.zip

How about now?

it works, downloaded, tnx

The biggest problem is Page History working! I have been using Maxthon since 2005, then a long break and checking various browsers over the years. And I am sorry to admit that even in Maxthon 6 when it comes to history, it is tragic .. THIS is the worst history among all popular browsers :(. It made me think today about returning to opera / chrome. former IT technician and I know my stuff

here are the problems with history that are still present even in the latest beta version.

1.very, very slow performance, especially after typing a search word (I have a fast processor and a lot of RAM)
2. Delete history older than 2-3 days !!
3. When history gets stuck while searching entered password and this tab is refreshed, history stops working at all.

When someone uses a computer to work, History is very often used, and the one from Maxthon is very discouraging :(

Please fix the history and it is best to make it look and work at least as well as in Chrome and Opera

34 minutes ago, Cllaymenn said:

The biggest problem is Page History working! I have been using Maxthon since 2005, then a long break and checking various browsers over the years. And I am sorry to admit that even in Maxthon 6 when it comes to history, it is tragic .. THIS is the worst history among all popular browsers :(. It made me think today about returning to opera / chrome. former IT technician and I know my stuff

here are the problems with history that are still present even in the latest beta version.

1.very, very slow performance, especially after typing a search word (I have a fast processor and a lot of RAM)
3. When history gets stuck while searching entered password and this tab is refreshed, history stops working at all.

When someone uses a computer to work, History is very often used, and the one from Maxthon is very discouraging :(

Please fix the history and it is best to make it look and work at least as well as in Chrome and Opera

Hi Cllaymenn, thank you for reporting to us. We will forward your feedback to our developer team.

3 hours ago, Cllaymenn said:

Could you provide me a video of this issue? How many history items do you have?

Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

3 hours ago, Cllaymenn said:

This issue has been reported to the dev team. We will continue testing and following it. 

40 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you provide me a video of this issue? How many histories do you have?

Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

This issue has been reported to the dev team. We will continue testing and following it. 

Hi BugSir006

Thanks for the quick response and interest! 

You know, before my reply in this topic was accepted and you wrote your reply, I installed the latest beta version with tip 801 and deleted all history. And now it works much faster! :) . I'm using the "Workona" plugin and it generates a lot of history items every time I open different tab groups.   Previously I had a few thousand items and the history couldn't handle it. Similarly, the history started working after refreshing the tab. 
In 3 days I will see if I am still missing entries from 3 days ago :)

The thing that could be improved and would be useful is the date next to each item found in the history after entering a specific search term. This would be information on what day those particular pages were visited. It would make work easier.
  And a few days ago, I was in the city center and wanted to quickly exchange currency at an online currency exchange service I've been using for a few days, but I forgot its name/website address. So I quickly went to Google Play store and installed Maxthon 6 on my phone, logged into my Maxthon account that I use on my computer to sync Maxthon with my computer, history of visited sites and completion of entered addresses on my computer. I typed in the beginning of a website name but Maxthon on the phone did not suggest any web address previously used in the desktop version, which it does normally on the computer. So neither history nor typed pages were transferred to the phone. I also couldn't view my open tabs on my computer(as is the case with Chrome and Opera on Android). It would be great if these things were made available to Maxthon on the phone :) Everyone could then work efficiently away from home. 

image.thumb.png.8c38d027ed2e07db496872325340d687.png

57 minutes ago, Cllaymenn said:

So neither history nor typed pages were transferred to the phone. I also couldn't view my open tabs on my computer(as is the case with Chrome and Opera on Android). It would be great if these things were made available to Maxthon on the phone :) Everyone could then work efficiently away from home. 

Request reported. ?

Hello!

Maxthon Version 6.1.2.801 (64-bit) 0417

The auto-rename when downloading files still doesn't work unless the destination folder has previously been parsed in this session (same on ALL Mx6, but worked fine in Mx5).

The mouse scroll in the download popup is far faster than elsewhere in Windows, meaning sometimes moves too far & have to scroll back.

The download manager is still a popup, rather than window, so have to repeatedly reopen the popup when managing downloaded files.

Auto-update still doesn't work, despite being 'added' several versions back.

Hello (again)!

Maxthon Version 6.1.2.801 (64-bit) 0417

In Passkeeper, when filtering using the search box & editing an entry, after, all entries are once again displayed & the search box cleared... i.e. the current filter is lost & has to be re-entered.  Would be good if the filter remained & "x" added to the right side of the search box to optionally clear the filter.

1 hour ago, MichaelC362 said:

The auto-rename when downloading files still doesn't work unless the destination folder has previously been parsed in this session (same on ALL Mx6, but worked fine in Mx5).

Hi MichaelC362, thanks for your feedback. We will report this issue to the development team.

The mouse scroll in the download popup is far faster than elsewhere in Windows, meaning sometimes moves too far & have to scroll back.

We did a test and encounter the same problem. We have reported this issue to the development team as a bug.

The download manager is still a popup, rather than window, so have to repeatedly reopen the popup when managing downloaded files.

This request has been reported to the product team.

Auto-update still doesn't work, despite being 'added' several versions back.

This issue has been solved in the latest version 6.1.2.801. Please select the update option. Usually we wouldn't push the auto update instantly. We will release the new version on Friday or Saturday and we will push the auto update the next Monday.

2 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

In Passkeeper, when filtering using the search box & editing an entry, after, all entries are once again displayed & the search box cleared... i.e. the current filter is lost & has to be re-entered.  Would be good if the filter remained & "x" added to the right side of the search box to optionally clear the filter.

We will report this issue to the development team :)

IMG_20210422_183329_451.jpg

Hello!

Will there be a Linux version of Mx6?

Do you block google's FLoC tracking by default or can it be disabled & if so, how?

Do you de-google Chromium before including it in Maxthon or does it still record & sell user data?

Are you planning on including DNS-over-HTTPS (with selectable providers)?

Will the Maxthon Nitro Ad-Skipper (or the equivalent) ever be released?

Due to there still being far too many issues with Mx6 stable, if we install the beta version onto customer's computers, will it upgrade to stable upon release?

14 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Will there be a Linux version of Mx6?

Hi MichaelC362, probably not.

Will the Maxthon Nitro Ad-Skipper (or the equivalent) ever be released?

Probably not

Due to there still being far too many issues with Mx6 stable, if we install the beta version onto customer's computers, will it upgrade to stable upon release?

If we release the stable version and the user select "auto-update", the browser will update automatically.

Do you block google's FLoC tracking by default or can it be disabled & if so, how?

Do you de-google Chromium before including it in Maxthon or does it still record & sell user data?

Are you planning on including DNS-over-HTTPS (with selectable providers)?

We will ask the engineers for these

Hello!

Maxthon Version 6.1.2.801(64-bit) 0417

When opening multiple tabs in the background (e.g. www.bbc.co.uk to open lots of news items), often, video content is missing (been the same with ALL Mx6 releases)... Press F5 to refresh the page & the video is fine.

In Mx5, Passkeeper had a "more" section for additional fields (not just username & password), but Mx6 doesn't (e.g. www.nsandi.com has "NS&I number", "Surname" + "Password" (although, the latest Mx6 now puts the "Surname" into the "NS&I number" field!), but only "Surname" + "Password" are stored).

Under mx://flags, there's options with "Default", "Enabled" & "Disabled", with most set to "Default", but no indication what the default is... i.e. Enabled or Disabled

3 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

When opening multiple tabs in the background (e.g. www.bbc.co.uk to open lots of news items), often, video content is missing (been the same with ALL Mx6 releases)... Press F5 to refresh the page & the video is fine.

Hi Michael, I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced it. Could you provide me a video of this issue? Did you use any blocker extension?

In Mx5, Passkeeper had a "more" section for additional fields (not just username & password), but Mx6 doesn't (e.g. www.nsandi.com has "NS&I number", "Surname" + "Password" (although, the latest Mx6 now puts the "Surname" into the "NS&I number" field!), but only "Surname" + "Password" are stored).

Request recorded.

Under mx://flags, there's options with "Default", "Enabled" & "Disabled", with most set to "Default", but no indication what the default is... i.e. Enabled or Disabled

It is the same as the chrome://flags

Flags are experimental in nature and aren't really intended for users. The features they manage may be broken, missing, unreliable, or cause unintended side-effects. It's best to avoid setting any flags unless you know precisely what you're doing - and resetting all flags to their default state should always be troubleshooting step number one.

If/when such features become reliable enough for daily use then they will be promoted to the main Maxthon Settings.

8 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

Try this

image.thumb.png.7c1d0f47afe4ca40046fc63478f63e15.png

Archived