MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.801

BugSir006

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows 10. Мaxthon_portable_6.1.2.800_beta_x64
Crashed after 10 seconds. Back to version 6.1.2.700

P.S. I installed version 800 in a separate folder. It started fine, but as soon as I changed the flags (mx: // flags) of Tab Groups to Enabled, a crash immediately followed.

image.png.1b0a9b38992e3d028b59f007916dba77.png

Sadly not changes I've expected but I have question anyway. What "Optimized the account menu" means since I have 2 problems (in 600 build): when I try to login in account pressing avatar next to menu button and change avatar I just have blank page something like https://pc-uc.maxthon.com/i/login.html?ret=(with some random characters) with rolling circle in the middle and nothing happens since yesterday (maybe even earlier). And when I changed my username and avatar about 10 days ago there (when it was working) it's still shows old one (with random numbers) and no picture as it was before logging in.

7 hours ago, JoeRee1968 said:

Yup, this is the worst release of Maxthon ever. I strongly suggest no one else tries it!

As I almost always do, I installed over the top of 700 and it crashed almost immediately. And kept doing so every further time I started it.

I then completely uninstalled, shut down my computer, restarted it, then installed afresh. All seemed fine for an hour or two. Then a new window opened (shift + enter to submit a form is still wrongly opening in a whole new window, rather than a new tab in the same window), and it crashed instantly. And then crashed within one second of being opened again.

I've gone back to 600 now, as I can't face another week of 700's tab opening on the far right.

17 hours ago, edw2edw said:

Hi there!

Is it possible to return mute sound functionality for one tab only but not for entire site?

image.png.755c844d0d9a31b40837745defbce3e3.png

I think it's already there with right click on tab

mute site.png

15 hours ago, JoeRee1968 said:

P.S. I installed version 800 in a separate folder. It started fine, but as soon as I changed the flags (mx: // flags) of Tab Groups to Enabled, a crash immediately followed.

no problem with installed version

no problem with installed version.png

15 hours ago, JoeRee1968 said:

Tried the portable version too
worked fine didn't crash

no problem with installed version.png

15 hours ago, suphamster said:

Sadly not changes I've expected but I have question anyway. What "Optimized the account menu" means since I have 2 problems (in 600 build): when I try to login in account pressing avatar next to menu button and change avatar I just have blank page something like https://pc-uc.maxthon.com/i/login.html?ret=(with some random characters) with rolling circle in the middle and nothing happens since yesterday (maybe even earlier). And when I changed my username and avatar about 10 days ago there (when it was working) it's still shows old one (with random numbers) and no picture as it was before logging in.

Check to see if https://pc-uc.maxthon.com/i/login.html?ret= starts with retro mode like it did to me I switched it to ultra mode and it showed up

4 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

I think it's already there with right click on tab

No. If you open two tabs with same site and press "mute site" for one of them it will mute sound for both tabs.

To put it simply I think it would nice to change "Mute site" to "Mute tab".

It's not even Tab Groups, or even mx://flags

Experiment with version 800 onwards:
1. Copy the clean portable version (64 bits) to a separate folder.
2. Launch - "normal flight" ...
3. I initialize my profile - "normal flight" ...
4. Exit&Running Maxthon again - Crash in 10 sec.
That's it, I don't do anything else ...

As usual, the menu looks good (contingently), only in English. In Russian, all words and fields intersect. Words are not placed in blocks. You must add the automatic resize of the menu width and fields. It looks terrible.

Untitled-2.png.7d46b85c41a8b91faaf9adcde816fd06.png

17 hours ago, AaronX said:

Yup, this is the worst release of Maxthon ever. I strongly suggest no one else tries it!

As I almost always do, I installed over the top of 700 and it crashed almost immediately. And kept doing so every further time I started it.

I then completely uninstalled, shut down my computer, restarted it, then installed afresh. All seemed fine for an hour or two. Then a new window opened (shift + enter to submit a form is still wrongly opening in a whole new window, rather than a new tab in the same window), and it crashed instantly. And then crashed within one second of being opened again.

I've gone back to 600 now, as I can't face another week of 700's tab opening on the far right.

I dont agree, this version is nice (portable x64 v6.1.2.800 (64-bit) 0417).

Still has some problems but i hope they are solved in the future.

PS:

1. I download portable version x64

2. extract the files 

3. delete all [exept folder "User Data"] in the folder I have it the ΜΧ6.

4. Copy all from extract folder and paste in the MX6 folder.

This is it.

16 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Both exe. and portable x64 versions working fine here.

Agree.

4 hours ago, edw2edw said:

No. If you open two tabs with same site and press "mute site" for one of them it will mute sound for both tabs.

To put it simply I think it would nice to change "Mute site" to "Mute tab".

I agree, e.g. I open 2 tabs from Youtube with different songs and select "mute site" from one tab, the songs stop playing (mute) on both tabs directly.

I would also like the change from "Mute site" to "Mute tab".

1 hour ago, zork said:

As usual, the menu looks good (contingently), only in English. In Russian, all words and fields intersect. Words are not placed in blocks. You must add the automatic resize of the menu width and fields. It looks terrible.

Untitled-2.png.7d46b85c41a8b91faaf9adcde816fd06.png

Untitled.jpg

13 hours ago, rick.lane said:

Both working fine here as well; no crashes. I wish people would not make blanket statements about a version just because THEY had an issue with a new release. 

Handbags! Not just me though is it?

3 hours ago, migel said:

I dont agree, this version is nice (portable x64 v6.1.2.800 (64-bit) 0417).

I don't agree, this version is unusable (installed x64 v6.1.2.800 (64-bit) 0417). ?

See how it works? YMMV. There's really nothing to be gained from attacking people for reporting critical errors they come across.

Hi AaronX

Have you tried migel's method?
Are you trying to find the solution or just angry about it
There will always be a version where it's working fine with some and not working with others
Maybe you have something in your system that's causing the issue
BTW
I always recommend a reboot after a clean uninstall before reinstalling 
and starting Maxthon with no added extensions to make sure they're not causing a problem

8 hours ago, AaronX said:

Handbags! Not just me though is it?

I don't agree, this version is unusable (installed x64 v6.1.2.800 (64-bit) 0417). ?

See how it works? YMMV. There's really nothing to be gained from attacking people for reporting critical errors they come across.

Ηι, I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just trying to facilitate, sorry if you understood that I'm attacking you.

On 4/17/2021 at 8:17 AM, edw2edw said:

Is it possible to return mute sound functionality for one tab only but not for entire site?

Request recorded. ?

On 4/17/2021 at 10:23 AM, JoeRee1968 said:

Hi there, how about the current version 6.1.2.801. The 6.1.2.800 will be updated to 6.1.2.801 automatically for fixing the crashes.

On 4/17/2021 at 10:35 AM, suphamster said:

when I changed my username and avatar about 10 days ago there (when it was working) it's still shows old one (with random numbers) and no picture as it was before logging in.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the avatar cannot be customized in the PC version. Windows system disabled this flash page; our dev team will redevelop a new H5 page for it. You can upload the avatar in the mobile version. ?

Regarding the username, I tried to change it, and it can work properly. If you still experience the issue, please send a video to me.?

On 4/18/2021 at 9:38 AM, zork said:

Thank you! Issue reported! ?

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the avatar cannot be customized in the PC version. Windows system disabled this flash page; our dev team will redevelop a new H5 page for it. You can upload the avatar in the mobile version. ?

Regarding the username, I tried to change it, and it can work properly. If you still experience the issue, please send a video to me.?

Sadly I can't record video since as I said in those post, now the needed page (actually all pages starting with https://pc-uc.maxthon.com/) just don't open but maybe name changing bug happened because I've imported MX5 account before username change...

55 minutes ago, suphamster said:

Sadly I can't record video since as I said in those post, now the needed page (actually all pages starting with https://pc-uc.maxthon.com/) just don't open but maybe name changing bug happened because I've imported MX5 account before username change...

Hi there, could you try to access https://pc-uc.maxthon.com/i/ ?

39 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, could you try to access https://pc-uc.maxthon.com/i/ ?

No, I've tryed this link on 4 different browsers, frome home and work, using VPN (USA and UK) and nothing happens (just rolling circle in the middle of white blank page). I just don't believe that it doesn't work just for me only even with VPN...

On 4/18/2021 at 1:29 PM, Mhzayer said:

I always recommend a reboot after a clean uninstall before reinstalling 
and starting Maxthon with no added extensions to make sure they're not causing a problem

Yep, I did both of those things and it still crashed!

17 hours ago, migel said:

Ηι, I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just trying to facilitate, sorry if you understood that I'm attacking you.

No worries. ?

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, how about the current version 6.1.2.801. The 6.1.2.800 will be updated to 6.1.2.801 automatically for fixing the crashes.

Great! Fingers crossed...

• BugSir006 changed the title to MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.2.801
  • BugSir006 unpinned this topic

Archived